spc
uniqs

JayM34
@rr.com

JayM34 to Joe Siegler

Anon

to Joe Siegler

Re: [TWC] Dallas/Ft Worth Metro Vol II -- Time Warner

When do we get Comedy Central or MSNBC in HD, if ever?
np23
join:2005-10-28
united state

np23

said by JayM34 :

When do we get Comedy Central or MSNBC in HD, if ever?
They're both in HD.
Comedy Central HD - 746
MSNBC HD - 766
DallasAg
join:2009-12-11
Rowlett, TX

DallasAg

Saw a WFAA (local ABC channel 8) ad about TWC dropping them due to contract dispute tonight. What are the chances of them really not coming to terms? I have my Tivo connected to an antenna for OTA as well, should I shift my series recordings to OTA 8-1 to make sure I record them? Thoughts?

JayM34
@rr.com

JayM34 to np23

Anon

to np23
Huh. Wow. When did that happen?

I've become a slave to my favorites lists.
DallasAg
Rowlett, TX

DallasAg

said by DallasAg:

Saw a WFAA (local ABC channel 8) ad about TWC dropping them due to contract dispute tonight. What are the chances of them really not coming to terms? I have my Tivo connected to an antenna for OTA as well, should I shift my series recordings to OTA 8-1 to make sure I record them? Thoughts?
WFAA is continuing to air this message that their contract with TWC ends on 9/25. This seems like a local WFAA issue, not with ABC network as a whole. They even aired a news story tonight about it. See:

»www.wfaa.com/on-tv/promo ··· ions/twc

Wonder who will blink first. I am going to change my TIVO series recordings to use OTA 8-1 me thinks.
Joe Siegler
join:2008-10-08
Garland, TX

Joe Siegler

said by DallasAg:

Wonder who will blink first. I am going to change my TIVO series recordings to use OTA 8-1 me thinks.
Wouldn't that be a better option anyway? I would think if you have a good OTA signal, it would be better than cable anyway, wouldn't it?

chamberc
Premium Member
join:2008-08-05
Addison, TX

chamberc

Premium Member

said by Joe Siegler:

said by DallasAg:

Wouldn't that be a better option anyway? I would think if you have a good OTA signal, it would be better than cable anyway, wouldn't it?
Certainly has higher bitrates than TWC, but it seems unlikely they'll stop carrying it.
Joe Siegler
Garland, TX

Joe Siegler

Got this via email today:
quote:
Dear Time Warner Cable Customer:

ESPN ClassicESPN Classic is moving to our Time Warner Cable Sports Pass and HD/Sports tier, but will remain on the same channel number, starting Thursday, September 23. TWC Sports Pass and HD/Sports tier offer fans other great channels including Fox Collegiate Sports, Fox Soccer Plus, NHL Network and Tennis Channel.

In addition, we also recently launched ESPN Goal Line HD for TWC Sports Pass and HD/Sports tier customers, a high-definition channel featuring unlimited live cut-ins and highlights of top NCAA College Football games each Saturday from 12:00 noon to the conclusion of that day’s exciting college football action. (During college basketball season, ESPN’s “Buzzer Beater” will offer similar live cut-ins and highlights.)*

* ESPN Goal Line HD is available on Sports Pass Channel 798 or HD/Sports Tier Channel 798.

TWC Sports Pass and HD/Sports tier customers receive exclusive access to streaming web content from new online sports channels such as Speed2, and our ESPN customers will be able to enjoy additional online content from ESPN3 when we offer access to that web channel, coming soon.

If you are not already a Sports Pass or an HD/Sports Tier customer, please call 1-800-TW-CABLE (1-800-892-2253) if you would like to upgrade to this service or click below.
DallasAg
Rowlett, TX

DallasAg to Joe Siegler

to Joe Siegler
said by Joe Siegler:

said by DallasAg:

That's my dilemma. My OTA 8-1 signal levels are marginal (all other OTA channels are good and I have an external roof top antenna, albeit 20 years old). I get a fair amount of drop outs and pixelation that can last for 10 - 15 minutes depending what the weather is doing outside. And it always seems to happen during the last 10 minutes of one of the wife's shows, that doesn't make her happy at all. I don't know why 8-1 is the weakest signal.

chamberc
Premium Member
join:2008-08-05
Addison, TX

1 edit

chamberc

Premium Member

said by DallasAg See ProfileI don't know why 8-1 is the weakest signal.
UHF versus VHF.
jtltke137
join:2009-02-28

jtltke137 to Joe Siegler

to Joe Siegler
said by Joe Siegler:

Got this via email today:
quote:
Dear Time Warner Cable Customer:

ESPN ClassicESPN Classic is moving to our Time Warner Cable Sports Pass and HD/Sports tier, but will remain on the same channel number, starting Thursday, September 23. TWC Sports Pass and HD/Sports tier offer fans other great channels including Fox Collegiate Sports, Fox Soccer Plus, NHL Network and Tennis Channel.

In addition, we also recently launched ESPN Goal Line HD for TWC Sports Pass and HD/Sports tier customers, a high-definition channel featuring unlimited live cut-ins and highlights of top NCAA College Football games each Saturday from 12:00 noon to the conclusion of that day’s exciting college football action. (During college basketball season, ESPN’s “Buzzer Beater” will offer similar live cut-ins and highlights.)*

* ESPN Goal Line HD is available on Sports Pass Channel 798 or HD/Sports Tier Channel 798.

TWC Sports Pass and HD/Sports tier customers receive exclusive access to streaming web content from new online sports channels such as Speed2, and our ESPN customers will be able to enjoy additional online content from ESPN3 when we offer access to that web channel, coming soon.

If you are not already a Sports Pass or an HD/Sports Tier customer, please call 1-800-TW-CABLE (1-800-892-2253) if you would like to upgrade to this service or click below.
According to this website:

»mediamemo.allthingsd.com ··· fees.png

ESPN Classic costs 18 cents a month. Since this is being eliminated for normal customers, we should see an 18 cent reduction in our bills.

NOTE: I'm surprised TWC can get away with this. I thought normally if you wanted ESPN the cable provider had to buy all the ESPN channels and not make them premium channels.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

other cable providers have made espn classic available on the sports tier only as well.

Charter fortworth just recently did this as well.
Joe Siegler
Garland, TX

Joe Siegler

I thought i remembered seeing somewhere that espn is doing away with classic, anyway.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

said by Joe Siegler:

I thought i remembered seeing somewhere that espn is doing away with classic, anyway.
Its been speculated for years, last I heard was turning into an international sports channel with European Soccer at the forefront.

Hob
Joe Siegler
Garland, TX

Joe Siegler

said by hobgoblin:

said by Joe Siegler:

Its been speculated for years, last I heard was turning into an international sports channel with European Soccer at the forefront.

Hob
I was positive it was announced recently, that it was being turned into a kids channel of some sort. I'll see if I can find it.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

no soapnet is becoming disney Junior in 2012 espn classic is going no where joe

»www.deadline.com/2010/05 ··· in-2012/
Joe Siegler
Garland, TX

Joe Siegler

said by motorola870:

no soapnet is becoming disney Junior in 2012 espn classic is going no where joe

»www.deadline.com/2010/05 ··· in-2012/
That's it. You're right. I was remembering it wrong. Soon as I saw you post "SoapNET", I went "A-HA!"

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

»www.wfaa.com/featured-co ··· 584.html

Wfaa TWC reach tennative agreement.
Joe Siegler
Garland, TX

Joe Siegler

Was looking at the most recent legal notice, and something odd struck me. It's this:
quote:
ESPN Classic from Digital Cable Channel 177 to Time Warner Cable Sports Pass and HD/Sports Tier Channel 177
ESPN Classic isn't offered in HD. Why would that be in there if we weren't getting it in HD? Although 177 is an SD channel.

Course it could just be an error, in which case, nevermind.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

Because HD/sports tier includes the sports tier and the HD tier which consists of:

Espn Classic
Fox Soccer Plus
Fox College Sports Atlantic
Fox College Sports Central
Fox College Sports Pacific
Fuel
Outdoor Channel
Sportsman Channel
Tennis Channel
Cbs College Sports
Big Ten Network
Smitsonian HD
Mav TV HD
UHD
MGM HD
FSC + HD
Outdoor Channel HD
Tennis Channel HD
Cbs College Sports HD
Big Ten Network HD
ESPN GOAL LINE HD
motorola870

1 edit

motorola870

Click for full size
KXTX HD adding to ch 423
HD primetime ondemand to ch 1 VOD

KFWD HD is up on QAM channel 27-3 psip map 52-1 KFWD HD not on STBs yet. Wouldnt have noticed if it werent for silicondust.