Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Someone is sabotaging me.Finding out who
Premium
join:2001-06-03
Kenner, LA

Lock a window from being closed

How do I look a window on my pc from being closed it there anyway possible ? I always wanted this feature for windows too and not just tabs in my browsers. Is it even possible ? Known to close out windows that I am still using. Have a habit of doing that.
--
Wow talk about a mod being mad at me getting my gif to work without having to ask for help on the dslreports forums. Now they are mad I got my wish with Hurricane Katrina. Well at least mother nature will take care of that for me. xD Can't wait to read it

Zupe
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-29
New York, NY

1 recommendation

See if this is useful at all - »lifehacker.com/5183947/noclose-d···e-button

I've never used it myself.
--
Brain: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Pinky: I think so, Brain, but "Snowball for Windows"?

Premium
Kenner, LA

said by Zupe:

See if this is useful at all - »lifehacker.com/5183947/noclose-d···e-button

I've never used it myself.
Thanks! I love this one comment: "Silly. Someone was like "hmmmmm I could be more careful, but obviously I should make an application instead"

Really don't think it is a silly thing to make as a application. I bet everyone has accidentally closed a window before that they didn't want to. I do it all the time by habit and it drives me crazy! Have a lot of ram why should I have to close stuff ?
--
Wow talk about a mod being mad at me getting my gif to work without having to ask for help on the dslreports forums. Now they are mad I got my wish with Hurricane Katrina. Well at least mother nature will take care of that for me. xD Can't wait to read it

Premium
Kenner, LA
reply to Zupe

Works great love the rules you can add! To bad all programs don't have confirmation of making sure you want to exit them otherwise this wouldn't be necessary.

Really cool that you don't even need to leave NoClose open to prevent the close button to work!
--

Premium
Kenner, LA
reply to 90115534

Oh cool Zupe found another great little tool! Showoff!

»www.donationcoder.com/Software/S···#Showoff

It may not scroll to the actual program but just use find in your browser to get to it! I always wanted something that will show this on my screen! Really useful when you don't have time to look down like in a game.
--

howie1
Premium
join:2003-04-08
Antarctica
kudos:4
reply to 90115534

I never even knew something like this existed! Thanks for the link, Zupe See Profile.
--
I refuse to type something stupid in this area.

Premium
Kenner, LA

said by howie1:

I never even knew something like this existed! Thanks for the link, Zupe See Profile.
Same here howie. I found something else that I thought would work but it turned out it didn't.

NoClose works great just wish there was a option or a way to stop the splash screen from popping up every time you start the program. Doubt there is.
--

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4

said by 90115534:

said by howie1:

Same here howie. I found something else that I thought would work but it turned out it didn't.

NoClose works great just wish there was a option or a way to stop the splash screen from popping up every time you start the program. Doubt there is.
its free. surely theres an option to not show splash on startup somewhere.
--
The shortest distance between 2 points adds 1.5 stars to T. want $25? solve »coord.info/GC20A37 for me

Premium
Kenner, LA

said by dvd536:

said by 90115534:

said by howie1:

its free. surely theres an option to not show splash on startup somewhere.
Nope there isn't but it is no big deal.
--