RFGuy_KCCO
join:2001-11-12
Niles, MI
Netgear CM2000
(Software) pfSense
Asus RT-AX86

RFGuy_KCCO

AT&T does not have an HSPA+ network deployed

I'm not sure where you guys got the info that AT&T has deployed HSPA+, but I can tell you that they have not deployed it anywhere in the country. The best they have deployed now is HSDPA/HSUPA (3GPP R5/R6), which provides theoretical speeds of 14Mbps down/5.76Mbps up. As far as I know, T-Mobile is the only carrier in the US to have HSPA+ deployed.
RFGuy_KCCO

RFGuy_KCCO

said by RFGuy_KCCO:

I'm not sure where you guys got the info that AT&T has deployed HSPA+, but I can tell you that they have not deployed it anywhere in the country.
I should have added the word "yet" to the end of this sentence in my previous post.

By the way, I am a Radio Access Network Engineer at AT&T, so I know of which I speak.

hayabusa3303
Over 200 mph
Premium Member
join:2005-06-29
Florence, SC

hayabusa3303

Premium Member

Cool field you are into

GSM User
@cox.net

GSM User to RFGuy_KCCO

Anon

to RFGuy_KCCO
I am on my 3rd 3G capable phone (samsung blackjack, iphone 3, rim bold) and they always cycle through GPRS -> EDGE -> 3G -> EDGE -> GPRS. I have contacted customer service numerous times and replaced both sim card and phones with no improvement. A full bar doesnt mean anything because it can switch to 1 bar GPRS at no time while I am staying still. This means their network sucks. No matter what AT&T advertises, whether they have the fastest or the largest network, everything they say is theoretical and misleading. I have been with AT&T for over 10 years and I am looking forward to Verizon wireless when my contract expires.

RFGuy_KCCO
join:2001-11-12
Niles, MI

RFGuy_KCCO

A "full bar" is barely enough signal to be usable. It sounds to me like you live in a poor signal area for AT&T. I'm sorry, but It happens. AT&T can't possibly cover every square inch of America with indoor coverage. No carrier can or will.