spc
uniqs
MrCodeDude
join:2010-09-17

MrCodeDude to netcool

to netcool

Re: [Connectivity] Motorola SB6120 doesn't work with Comcast/No

said by netcool:

Here is the scenario I've seen... The CMTS was previously running an older version of code that did not have issues with 6120s and older fw. Thus all the 6120s on the CMTS were able to successfully autoupgrade their fw upon modem reset.

Subsequently the CMTS was upgraded to a newer code that has problems with 6120s and old fw. All the 6120s that were previously upgraded will continue to function no problem but any 6120s that try to register with the old fw will not be able to do so.
This seems to be the case, and if it is true, it's ridiculous. Why would Comcast hang users out to dry like this? Or at least, why have no documentation of this problem. The firmware has been out since April and this seems to be a widely occurring problem.

netcool
Premium Member
join:2008-11-05
Englewood, CO

netcool

Premium Member

said by MrCodeDude:

This seems to be the case, and if it is true, it's ridiculous. Why would Comcast hang users out to dry like this? Or at least, why have no documentation of this problem. The firmware has been out since April and this seems to be a widely occurring problem.
Where are you located? There aren't actually that many CMTS' running the problematic code. There should be better documentation from all parties in my opinion, and Moto should start shipping with newer fw ASAP.
MrCodeDude
join:2010-09-17

MrCodeDude

said by netcool:

Where are you located? There aren't actually that many CMTS' running the problematic code. There should be better documentation from all parties in my opinion, and Moto should start shipping with newer fw ASAP.
San Jose, California. Zip Code 95132.