spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Thenewguy2
@81.144.178.x

Thenewguy2

Anon

[ PvE] Tanking Lich King 10 Normal

Hi, I found these forums are the only place I can access anything related to wow at work. I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I am a druid tank, 5.7kgs, got 50k HP self-buffed (w/out ICC buff) and was wondering if you could help me out with the strats in Lich King 10 Normal. I have seen the video, but was wondering if you just list the tank related strategies I have to follow.

Thanks a bunch

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9

Premium Member

what parts are you having problems with?

are you tanking LK or are you the OT?

I tanked him with way less HP and gear than that, was no problem. All about cooldown management, make sure you have either the 4piece t9 or 4piece t10, it gives you an additional cooldown.

thenewguy2
@81.144.178.x

thenewguy2

Anon

I might be both off-tank and main-tank, and I have got the t10 4-piece set as well. I was wondering if you could give me a brief phase by phase guide for both off and main tanking. I wish I could check out tank spot, but unfortunately I am blocked. So any help could be much appreciated

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member

3 edits

JB9

Premium Member

Hmmm, I can give you a high level overview. You can ask specific questions after.

Phase 1
-----------
MT - tank lk on steps
OT - tank horrors/adds to his side

Transition 1
-----------
OT - Tank spirit 1
MT - Tank spirit 2
OT - Tank spirit 3
MT - Grab LK

Phase 2
-----------
Alternate moving him between your stack up spots.... use cooldowns on soul reapers. I'd probably go Barkskin > Berserk > Trinket > SI > FR .... use barkskin or berserk if up before SI or FR, use SI if you're low and you think you're gonna die.

Transition 2
-----------
Theres 4 spirits here (BL)... OT/MT grab whatever.... as long as the OT has the spirit (or maybe 2 spirits) before you grab LK, you should be OK. LK + spirit = you might get instagibbd maybe hit a CD here if you got a short one (trink/bs/berserk)

Last Phase
-----------
Kite him from edge to edge as he calls out vile's

/GG ?

Easy as that.
JB9

JB9 to Thenewguy2

Premium Member

to Thenewguy2
Just want to add, a feral druid makes an excellent MT for this fight.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

said by JB9:

Just want to add, a feral druid makes an excellent MT for this fight.
Yep. Our Feral was on Arthas, Protection Warrior was our OT. After Spirits were down however we did do the taunt rotation on Arthas for Soul Reapers, letting the Warrior taunt and tank him when Reaper popped.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member

JB9

Premium Member

With the 4pc t10 he should have the extra cooldown for Soul Reapers, no need to taunt off. (hand of sacrifice can also be used if you got a prot pally OT'ing) This covered me when I did not have a cooldown.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

This was back before the 30% buff, and we have the whole 10 Man Strict Gear crutch. He went for raw stats rather than the bonus, focusing on effective health through non-set items.
FilipB
join:2010-09-20

FilipB to JB9

to JB9
We havent been switching tanks on soul reaper for a while now. Solid gear, enormous buff to hp and half smart healer who can time his heals are more then enough for the job.
Ot is better of soaking dmg from spirits.