Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

BG5150

join:2008-08-14
New York, NY
reply to jofos

Re: Brewfest

I'm digging the fact that you can queue up for the Boss via LFD. I ran it five times in about 40 mins yesterday. (Got nothing for it, though. except the frosties. )

Koruam

join:2010-09-16
netherlands
reply to Goggles

Not that I am aware of, I do know you can buy the hops which make it possible to transform your mount into a festive Kodo or Ram for the amount of 1 hour. Depending on the hops you buy, which sells off a Goblin in Orgrimmar yes.

Peridot

join:2010-04-09
reply to Goggles

i have been told you can get the remote from the boss as a drop... however i have not seen any proof of this and have not actually seen one yet this holiday and iv been on about 60 or so runs by now, so i think im giving up, love the free epic trinks tho, great to gear up chars...

Zyncotl
Zed X
Premium
join:2002-09-13
Wayne, MI
reply to Peridot

said by Peridot:

there is another stam trinket aswell its similar to the first... just getting the stats...
Yep, there are two I was just lazy about it since they are the exact same except the color of the maiden they summon. Still, if you are freshly dinged tank or tank to be having 2x170 sta trinkets is a good start.

I ran it on all my alts once for the keg, then any alt that didn't have the trinkets from last year got a chance at it too.
--
I'd take the time to insult your intelligence, but you probably wouldn't get it.

awesome6
Premium
join:2008-03-03
Reedsville, OH

Not to nitpick, but they aren't exactly the same. One of them deals damage and one of them heals.
--
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities."
~ Albert Einstein

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6

Either way, both trinkets helped the "OMG low hp" bullshit tanks dealt with in this expansion.

awesome6
Premium
join:2008-03-03
Reedsville, OH

Sadly, my DK who was my first 80 and is my main raider is still using both trinkets in his tank set. It's offspec, thank God, but it's still a pretty horrid state of affairs imo.
--
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities."
~ Albert Einstein

Zyncotl
Zed X
Premium
Wayne, MI
reply to awesome6

said by awesome6:

Not to nitpick, but they aren't exactly the same. One of them deals damage and one of them heals.
I had both and tbh never noticed they did different things. Of course neither of the on use effects amount to much benefit.

I keep one to rotate in for a HP all the time set, otherwise they just rot in my bag. The other is in my bank with other useless items I will never use.
--
I'd take the time to insult your intelligence, but you probably wouldn't get it.

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to jofos

Logged in late last night, after the football game. Decided to run Direbrew for laughs. 30 second queue, 30 second kill, and I got the Ram mount.

This is where you all admit that you hate me.

qualitybobby
Premium
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY
reply to jofos

I'm just running it now for the ram and the remote. I have the Kodo and the Tankard.

Cluebat

join:2010-03-25
New Bern, NC
reply to jofos

I have a question.

According to comments at Wowhead you were at one time able to purchase all of the Brewfest clothing pieces, get your achievement, and then return you clothing within 2 hours for a refund. This would allow you to have enough tokens for the Brew of the Month club.

Is that still possible?

LockInABox

join:2009-04-06
reply to jofos

I hate you Football.

Two of my 80's through there more than a few times. My drood still needs the stam trink and i wouldnt mind getting the mace. The mount is just wishful thinking.

The two frosties doing it the first time was nice tho.

Zyncotl
Zed X
Premium
Wayne, MI

1 edit
reply to footballdude

said by footballdude:

Logged in late last night, after the football game. Decided to run Direbrew for laughs. 30 second queue, 30 second kill, and I got the Ram mount.

This is where you all admit that you hate me.
I've had it for a year. I don't hate you.

Edit:

Cluebat - only the last item you buy will be returnable. Keep that in mind.

--

Peridot

1 edit

Sweet, didnt think about this, can anyone confirm that this will indeed work?

@ Footballdude

Did it drop from the boss or did you get it from the 'once a day' reward Keg?

Zyncotl
Zed X
Premium
Wayne, MI

I did the returning of the clothes last year for both the midsummer festival (which is where I learned that only the last item your try to sell back will sell back) and at the brewfest. Buy the most expensive item last then sell it back.

I finished my brew of the year club earlier this month with my 12th bottle of beer in the mail.
--

footballdude
Premium
Imperial, MO
reply to Peridot

said by Peridot:

@ Footballdude

Did it drop from the boss or did you get it from the 'once a day' reward Keg?
Dropped in the reward Keg, we only killed him once. I also picked up the brewmaiden trinket that dropped on the boss. Everyone else passed on it, I was the only one that rolled greed.
--
Dresden - I work in Accounts Payable.
Random Bad Guy - In what capacity?
Dresden - I make sure everyone gets what's coming to them.

Zyncotl
Zed X
Premium
Wayne, MI

The trinkets have no sale value so if you don't want it, pass, then you don't have to manually delete it later.
--

kkraww

join:2009-10-09
reply to Koruam

trust me its confirmed )

kkraww

join:2009-10-09
reply to Peridot

i belive the remote has been removed from the loot lists as the lfg tool means its not needed anymore

Feramors

join:2010-05-07
Saint Louis, MO

I got the remote today.

Yeah, with LFD, it's pretty useless.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1
reply to jofos

I got the ram tonight XD, Looks awesome in shadowform.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

groov9

join:2010-08-24
reply to Feramors

said by Feramors:

I got the remote today.

could be usefull for brd boosts, but apart from that pretty useless idd

Omir

join:2010-04-08
reply to jofos

I got remote + Kodo yesterday ..
Awesomeness !!

Ambs

join:2009-11-25
united kingd
reply to groov9

said by groov9:

said by Feramors:

I got the remote today.

could be usefull for brd boosts, but apart from that pretty useless idd
Useless, the amount of times I have put that up in a raid or a pug, or heroic, and someone has clicked on it and its gone to BRD ...

Priceless

Peridot

reply to Feramors

said by Feramors:

I got the remote today.

from the boss or the keg?

just trying to collate all the drops and where you get them

Omir

join:2010-04-08
reply to jofos

both the mount and remote came out of the keg. I had 3 drops from it (last drop were the 2 frosts)

Peridot

1 edit

in that case it seems noting drops off the boss aparet from the ilvl 200 trinkets listed earlier

the Kodo, the Ram, the Remote and a few other things like the tankard o terror only drop from the keg...

ALSO

you cannot get a refund for the garbs this year it seems...

i just tried it and it just said Mechant does not want this item.

looks like your going to have to work to get your stuff. :P

LockInABox

join:2009-04-06
reply to jofos

HAHAHA! I don't hate you anymore football!

I ran my dk and druid through the Coren thing to get my frosties last night and meh. Free frosties! Got some trinkets for the scrub dk.

Then i ran my pally just for the frosties...and got the Kodo! Woot! I know its sad but this is the first rare 'item' i've won like this in two years of playing! I'm not much for grinding these holiday things.

Someone else in guild got the Kodo first day, someone else got it late last night, and someone also got the ram. These mounts are dropping pretty good.

Peridot

reply to Peridot

hmm... just got both the ram and the kodo now...

ram on my warrior and the kodo on my rogue... annoying that my druid is my main.....

footballdude
Premium
Imperial, MO
reply to LockInABox

said by LockInABox:

These mounts are dropping pretty good.
They must have really raised the drop rates this year. Might as well give them away since everyone will be using flying mounts in Cataclysm.

My son logged onto his hunter for Direbrew last night and he got the Ram on his first try.
--
Dresden - I work in Accounts Payable.
Random Bad Guy - In what capacity?
Dresden - I make sure everyone gets what's coming to them.