Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Alexra

join:2009-10-20
Grafton, WI
reply to jofos

Re: Brewfest

I ran it 10 times yesterday. I got 3 tankards, 1 remote and 1 ram.

Its a quick way to get frosties for my plethora of alts.

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
reply to jofos

Dinged Brewmaster this evening.

Two days, that's all it takes.

Peridot

join:2010-04-09
reply to Harddrive

sorry to be anal but thats a 11 second kill no?

and @ drew... was that from nothing?

cos i dont understand how you could have got 550 tokens that are required for all the acheivments?

Peace out

drew
Automatic
Premium
Port Orchard, WA

That is from nothing, yes.

They do not have the clothing achievement tied to the meta. You only need 200 for Brew of the Month and 2 if you don't get a brewfest mount.
--
"And Tehuno said let there be haste, not mp5, and there was haste. All creatures of the world rejoiced." -WotLK Ch. 3.3.2

Peridot

join:2010-04-09

ahh kk ty didnt realise you only needed the brew of the month club

Treebark
Premium
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC
kudos:1

The remote key is still pretty cool, got it on an alt last night. Also, I did brewfest boss on three toons last night and a random heroic right before raid. Was one of the first in ICC last night and plans changed to RS as the boss was only thing up.
I got the "you have enterred to many instances alreadv" Which blew ass because I had to sit on the Halion kill, not a biggie because its on farm but could have had a chance to roll on the caster cloak. Bizz need to fox that shit from instances to raids.

Beartrap8

join:2009-10-21
Tampa, FL
reply to drew

Is there a title involved with the brewmaster achievment? ALl you need is 200 coins for it (and a mount or the other mount change deal)?

drew
Automatic
Premium
Port Orchard, WA

Uh, yeah.

"Brewmaster"

Beartrap8

Tampa, FL

just asking...jerk...:)

Feramors

join:2010-05-07
Saint Louis, MO
reply to jofos

Wait. How did you do it in 2 days?

I did all of the qeusts the very first day, came back the next day and there's only one repeatable quest, which awards 15 Brewfest coins, or whatever they're called.

...am I missing something?

PuffTMD

join:2010-02-05
Escondido, CA
reply to jofos

Yes.

Feramors

Saint Louis, MO

Does anyone have that flowchart that goes to Archivus approving a comment?

Please post it.

korendir9

join:2004-10-21
Lemoyne, PA
reply to Feramors

Should be 2 blue question mark dailies...running the ram through Ironforge (or horde equivalent) promoting the beer, and then the cog that drops after you repel the dark iron invasion. Plus you can talk to one of the guys who take delivery of the kegs and get that daily which can get you anywhere from 16 - 24 more coins depending on how well you run the route.

drew
Automatic
Premium
Port Orchard, WA

^^^^^
This

PuffTMD

join:2010-02-05
Escondido, CA
reply to jofos

There's the "ride thru cap city on a ram". Once you've seen all 4 areas, dismount the ram and get yourself to turn in the quest.

There's the "we just had a mole invasion". When the invasion is done, there's a quest item on the ground. Pick it up and turn it in.

There's the "hop on a ram and gets me some beer" where you ride to get the kegs of beer and ride back to turn 'em in. This is the one where if you really know what you're doing, you can get massive #'s of tokens (I've heard of up to 36 - I usually get more like 12).

This is all I can remember from my 5 mins of research last night.

Feramors

Saint Louis, MO

Weird. I certainly do have the quest to run through IF announcing the Brewfest. In fact, there WERE two exclamation points, but they were both the same quest. There may have actually been four, come to think of it.

Anyway, I did that, came back, and there was nothing more I could do. Does that gear on the floor only activate a certaim amount of time after the invasion? That may be the case.

I'll have to check again tonight when I get home.

Thanks, guys. Appreciate it.

qualitybobby
Premium
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY
reply to jofos

Yeah, it only appears if you defeat the dark irons that invade Brewfest, and that is on a regular schedule (although I'm not sure what it is). The other "quest" doesn't have an exclamation point, but you have to go to the ram racers at the south end of brewfest and talk to one of the brothers. They will allow you to help bring kegs back in a timed event, and you get 2 tokens for every keg you bring to them.

korendir9

join:2004-10-21
Lemoyne, PA

Also to clarify...you don't actually have to participate in the defeating of the dark irons. The quest shows up for you whether you do anything or not and stays there for about 5 minutes.

Beartrap8

Tampa, FL

No wonder, thank you Koerndir. I was there looking around, that blue quest popped up and I got an achievement just for completing it. Must have been there at the right time.

BG5150

join:2008-08-14
New York, NY

said by Beartrap8:

No wonder, thank you Koerndir. I was there looking around, that blue quest popped up and I got an achievement just for completing it. Must have been there at the right time.
Me too. I was wondering on why I got an achievement for handing in the quest for bringing the keg back to the organizer after killing Corebrew

Feramors

Saint Louis, MO

Ah, actually, it looks like you may be able to complete the quest with the gear at any time, but it doesn't show up as a blue exclamation point on your minimap.

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to jofos

so with my 5 toons, that's about 30 attempts

- 1 ram
- 2 i200 daggers
- Frosties..

That's it.. at least I got the ram, but not on my main, the one I need the mounts on.. (currently 65)

awesome6
Premium
join:2008-03-03
Reedsville, OH
reply to jofos

My wife has got 2 rams so far (what a waste) and another guildmate got a ram and a kodo in the same keg.
--
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities."
~ Albert Einstein

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to jofos

So far been averaging about 5 of my 80's per day and have gotten the dagger a couple times, 3 tankards on my DK now and no mounts.

BG5150

New York, NY
reply to jofos

Twice a day, 1 tankard and only frost badges.

Laser67

join:2009-08-27
Hudson, NH
kudos:1
reply to jofos

Been doing it on two toons.
3 Tankards
1 Kodo and 1 remote (both on my main)

The Dark Iron Invasion happens every half hour on the hour and half hour (approximately give or take a few min)

Also at 6am and 6pm a keg is tapped. Anyone there will gain an experience buff. Useful for lvling toons.

BG5150

New York, NY
reply to jofos

I'm thinking with the fight being available through LFD the remote is pretty much useless. How often do you need to port into the middle of BRD?

jofos

join:2008-02-14
Irvington, AL
reply to Laser67

My son got the ram yesterday. I ran my 80s in order of importance for getting the mount started with my druid and went from there. After my son got his mount I said a mount would likely drop for my mage or rogue. The rogue was the last toon to run. I checked the keg and had 2 frosties. So I'm selling stuff with the rogue which has become sort of a bank toon and theres still a keg in my bag, I guess I never checked it the day before. Low and behold there's a Kodo mount. Maybe I should start playing this toon a little more.

Zyncotl
Zed X
Premium
join:2002-09-13
Wayne, MI
reply to BG5150

said by BG5150:

I'm thinking with the fight being available through LFD the remote is pretty much useless. How often do you need to port into the middle of BRD?
All the time. Those kegs of beer don't come to me!

The remote is fun to use in a raid.... just saying.
--
I'd take the time to insult your intelligence, but you probably wouldn't get it.

Slydermv

join:2010-03-11
Thunder Bay, ON

Just got both the Kodo and Ram in my bag last night. There was much hate in my guild for me.

Too bad once Cata hits you won't really ever need ground mounts again....