how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

MonochromeHA

@eliablehosting.com

1 recommendation

B&W

It's always been hard for me to trust a company that can't afford color commercials. They really should keep the smug CEO out of the field of view too.

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

those B/W ads actually do something for them. you REMEMBER THEM! That is the game with marketing. It's not about the ad and how its made; it's about making you remember it and say "yah i seen those ads- they belong to Sprint". And yes; it does that to you.
--
www.twopugsbrand.com Kosher, Vegan, and Organic Certified Dog and Cat treats/foods and other products! www.etsy.com/shop/snakx4u/ Organic, Kosher, Gluten Free, Vegan Human Baked Goods

jmn1207
Premium
join:2000-07-19
Ashburn, VA
kudos:1

Well, I barely remember any of the Sprint commercials, yet I always seem to have the latest Apple product jingle in my head. Have you seen the one with the new iPod nano? On a visit to Africa, I've swallowed pills for malaria that were bigger.

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO
reply to MonochromeHA

said by MonochromeHA :

They really should keep the smug CEO out of the field of view too.
I'm with ya on that... not a pretty person is he?

MonochromeHA

@eliablehosting.com

It's not that he has to be charismatic but his demeanor and delivery remind me just how out of touch executive staff are with the needs of the general public. Through his entire delivery it's as if every word makes him wince.

It may be that he's not great on camera.

The monochrome style is less memorable than the awkward and forced spiel from the CEO. If they marketing droids are going for impressionism they got me at using the CEO to deliver a forced message, not a monochrome delivery.

Note - I have no cell phone, I'm not swayed in either direction by any carrier.

gomer1701ems

join:2001-08-23
Minneapolis, MN
reply to jmn1207

The old "7 PM" commercials were in color.

rawgerz
The hell was that?
Premium
join:2004-10-03
Grove City, PA
reply to dib22

He's neither pretty nor ugly. It's not like he's Sloth from the goonies!

cdru
Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7
reply to MonochromeHA

said by MonochromeHA :

It's always been hard for me to trust a company that can't afford color commercials.
Depending on if you are looking at it from a scientific or artistic standpoint, either black or white (or both) can be considered colors...