normal

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1

1 edit

[Hockey] Official~ NHL thread...........scores and highlites

Just the pre-season,but Price is already in it.

He allows 4 goals on 10 shots and the fans cheered when he was yanked.

Gonna be a long year for the Habs.
--
~~Get our troops home...now!!~~

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Didnt they boo him on the first goal in the opening 90 seconds?

Kinda harsh, those Habs fans...

I kinda feel their pain though, giving up Halak and sticking with Price...
--
BUCK FELL ,,!,,('-'),,!,,

Mauricio
aka CigaR
Premium
join:2008-12-06
Montreal, PQ
reply to ZZZZZZZ
Not worried about Price. Pre-season means nothing. Besides, having a team of rookies in front of you doesn't help.

Hey ZZZZZZZ, how about Price for Luongo ? We get our fellow Montrealer back and you guys get the Kid from the West..

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

1 edit
quote:
Hey ZZZZZZZ, how about Price for Luongo ?
No thanks.......we've got a new kid from Sweden that looks great.

Eddie Lack.............EEEEEDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIEEEEEEE. LOL
--

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
With all the hype surrounding Hall and Eberle this kid might actually be the ringer for the Oilers this year.

Paajarvi 2 goals and an assist.

»www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2010010024
--

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB
Yeah, Ctrl-V is definitely going to be the 'surprise' player on the Oilers.

tyler00
Premium
join:2001-06-27
Pickering, ON
reply to ZZZZZZZ
Streit out 6 months!

»www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=538694

Kardinal
We will remember them
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
reply to ZZZZZZZ
I can't believe the fans in the Bell Centre are booing Price. He didn't make the decision to trade away Halak, management did. He's the one who will have to pick up the pieces though, and the team in front of him hasn't been playing very well so far.
--
The thoughts expressed in the above post are those of the poster, and can only be attributed to his state of mind at the time of posting.
Join Team Helix

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
i agree...but i think we all know what Habs fans are like.

Montreal will ruin Price, and it's a shame, because he is a good goalie.

Thingamajig
Premium
join:2004-11-03
B.C.
reply to ZZZZZZZ
Can't wait for ZZZZZZZ's rant about Kevin Bieksa. LOL
»www.nationalpost.com/sports/Youn···ory.html
--
Even when opportunity knocks, you still have to get off your ass and open the door.

Kardinal
We will remember them
Premium,Mod
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
reply to dirtyjeffer
said by dirtyjeffer:

i agree...but i think we all know what Habs fans are like.

Montreal will ruin Price, and it's a shame, because he is a good goalie.
Easy there......I seem to recall a LOT of booing during the first pre-season game at the ACC, as well as last year during the regular season.

I also think the Leafs have really hurt Schenn's development by playing him too young and might be on the verge of doing the same to Kadri (who is really struggling IMO).
--
The thoughts expressed in the above post are those of the poster, and can only be attributed to his state of mind at the time of posting.
Join Team Helix

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
reply to Thingamajig
quote:
Can't wait for ZZZZZZZ's rant about Kevin Bieksa. LOL
Fortunately it's pre-season,but Oilers will be tough this year,the young players looked great. last night.

As for Bieksa [everyone knows how much I like this guy] ,they need to package him with Cory Schneider and keep the Swede Eddie Lack up here.

Schneider hasn't looked very good,at all.
--

JBear

join:2005-02-24
canada
reply to ZZZZZZZ
So excited being an Oilers fan! Though we had a good doseage of reality last year, you can feel the excitement all around this fair city. We are not even expecting to make the playoffs, but with "Ctrl-V" and Hall it's going to be a fun filled season. Some say Eberle won't make the team, just quite not ready for the big time. But Paajarvi is a little more developed than Hall at this point.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
OK, who the f00k is CTRL-V? lol...
--

JBear

join:2005-02-24
canada
reply to shaner
said by shaner:

»oilers.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8475175

Magnus Paajarvi

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB
reply to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

OK, who the f00k is CTRL-V? lol...
Another DGB classic....

»www.downgoesbrown.com/2009/06/ma···iew.html

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Aahaha, hilarious...

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
reply to JBear
quote:
I was wondering WTH Shaner was talking about in the other thread.
--

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON
reply to Kardinal
Schenn hasn't been too bad (his last game was actually decent)...i agree with Kadri though...he just hasn't put it all together yet...he has the skill and talent, he just needs to polish it...which is fine, he's 18...a year in the Marlies (with perhaps a couple of stints up to fill an injury) will do him wonders for development...not everything that works in Junior works in the "bigs".
--
Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realise that you can't eat money - Native American proverb

Kardinal
We will remember them
Premium,Mod
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
said by dirtyjeffer:

Schenn hasn't been too bad (his last game was actually decent)...i agree with Kadri though...he just hasn't put it all together yet...he has the skill and talent, he just needs to polish it...which is fine, he's 18...a year in the Marlies (with perhaps a couple of stints up to fill an injury) will do him wonders for development...not everything that works in Junior works in the "bigs".
I don't think Kadri can go to the Marlies as he's still junior-aged, so it's back to London if he doesn't stay in Toronto?

I really like this column -- it sums up rather well that some fans are taking the pre-season to be the Stanley Cup finals when it comes to their expectations.

said by the article :
Look, the New York Yankees play under the kind of volcanic pressure that produces some of your more impressive mountain ranges, but if you go to watch the New York Yankees in spring training, you will immediately notice two things. One, Alex Rodriguez looks like some sort of orange-skinned robot man, and two, NOBODY BOOS.
--
Join Team Helix

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON
said by Kardinal:

I don't think Kadri can go to the Marlies as he's still junior-aged, so it's back to London if he doesn't stay in Toronto?
they kept saying if he doesn't make the team, the Marlies it is...it may have to do with the fact the Leafs signed him to an entry level contract, so perhaps he isn't allowed to play in Junior once that happens?
--
Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realise that you can't eat money - Native American proverb

BigSensFan
Premium
join:2003-07-16
Whitby, ON

1 edit
said by dirtyjeffer:

said by Kardinal:

they kept saying if he doesn't make the team, the Marlies it is...it may have to do with the fact the Leafs signed him to an entry level contract, so perhaps he isn't allowed to play in Junior once that happens?
It has nothing to do with contract signed it has to do with age or years of service in the CHL

If a player has played Four years of junior (assuming they were drafted from the CHL) or will be 20 before December 31st of the current season then they can be sent to the AHL.. if the player does not meet either of those standards, then he must be returned to the CHL club he belongs to...

Kadri's Birthday is Oct 6,1990 so he will be 20 in a few days.. so he is AHL eligible... Jared Cowen on the other hand does not turn 20 until January so he is not eligible for the AHL

edit: Kadri meets both criteria so even if he wasn't 20 until January he still is AHL eligible because he played 4 full seasons in the CHL

Kardinal
We will remember them
Premium,Mod
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
reply to ZZZZZZZ
Ah, so that's how it works. Thanks BigSensFan See Profile. I knew there was an exemption for players from Europe, as that's what Lehner would be using if he went to Bingo instead of back to SSM, but wasn't sure what all the other rules were.
--
Join Team Helix

BigSensFan
Premium
join:2003-07-16
Whitby, ON

1 edit
said by Kardinal:

Ah, so that's how it works. Thanks BigSensFan See Profile. I knew there was an exemption for players from Europe, as that's what Lehner would be using if he went to Bingo instead of back to SSM, but wasn't sure what all the other rules were.
Yeah even though Lehner played last year in the OHL he was drafted out of Sweden

Now if a player from Sweden is drafted by the CHL and plays here without playing in a Swedish Jr league, then he has to follow the rules of the CHL/NHL transfer agreement

edit: And even though Cowen played in 4 different seasons of the WHL his first season was only 6 games (probably a call up from his Bantam club at the end of their season)... That 6 game season does not count (not sure the magic number to make it count)

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
reply to ZZZZZZZ
»www.nypost.com/p/blogs/nhlblog/g···AEooRP1M

GIONTA named Hab's captain.
--

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
I bet he's gonna get constantly attacked in the media for not speaking french... Poor Saku Koivu went thru it.
--

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
Maybe Price should learn to speak french,too, so can tell them to F... O.. in both languages. lol

tabernac~
--

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
reply to ZZZZZZZ
»www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=335649

Niemi was in nets last night and looked nervous...........it will be interesting to see how he does under the pressure in S.J.
--

tyler00
Premium
Pickering, ON
said by ZZZZZZZ:

Niemi was in nets last night and looked nervous...........it will be interesting to see how he does under the pressure in S.J.
Well he beat them last year and then won the cup so I think he should be okay.

tyler00
Premium
Pickering, ON
reply to ZZZZZZZ
»miamiherald.typepad.com/flapanth···ice.html

Strange turn of events as the Caps loan Nylander to the Panthers (and pay his salary).