Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Re: Sundin,Oates,Bure and Sakic get into the HHOF tonight

said by ZZZZZZZ:

And the bonus of the night was Curtis Joseph's new playmate wife...........whoa.

Do a search for Stephanie Glasson.

Joseph goes right back on my hero list. FML.

Mike
--
Cogeco - The New UBB Devil -»[Burloak] Usage Based Billing Nightmare
Cogeco UBB, No Modem Required - »[Niagara] 40gb of "usage" while the modem is unplugged

FaxCap

join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Re: [Hockey] Official~ NHL thread...........scores and highlites

Grant you old fart....way to go!

I really liked the one of her with her lesbo friend and the cucumber.

FaxCap

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

Damn, der be some big really bad fake 'uns on dat one!

Edited for clarity and accuracy.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

Fake 'uns or not, i'd be all over that mess!

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
reply to ZZZZZZZ

That there be a real "trophy" wife.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Buttman had a lot of nerve showing up

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to ZZZZZZZ

The Kitchener Rangers charge $21 ($17 if 12 and under) for every ticket (except boxes and reserved).

The place holds roughly 7,200 + 500 (standing room). That's a cool $160,000 (if no one is standing) per game for junior hockey.

That said, it's more money than taking my kids to the Blue Jays. ($34-$46 for 3 tickets on Saturday). Even factoring gas and transit, baseball is cheaper. Go figure, eh?
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to Kardinal

said by Kardinal:

Interesting.....

"Primary ticket purchaser" must go to an authorized outlet.......that could really screw people who have bought tickets from somewhere like StubHub or eBay.

Must bite for the sucker who bought a ticket off of eBay at a premium cost...oops.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver
reply to elwoodblues

said by elwoodblues:

The Commish would have been criticized no matter what he did. Its a no win situation. IMO Fehr should not have gone. He's a professional Negotiator, a hired gun, with no ties to hockey except his negotiating skills.

NefCanuck

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to elwoodblues

said by elwoodblues:

As much as we may hate Bettman as a puppet & tool of the owners (not to mention I think he is a tool in his own right) his is the head of the NHL employed as the league commissioner and ergo its representative.

If he hadn't shown, he would have been criticized equally harshly (if not more so)

NefCanuck

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB
reply to J E F F

said by J E F F:

The Kitchener Rangers charge $21 ($17 if 12 and under) for every ticket (except boxes and reserved).

The place holds roughly 7,200 + 500 (standing room). That's a cool $160,000 (if no one is standing) per game for junior hockey.

That said, it's more money than taking my kids to the Blue Jays. ($34-$46 for 3 tickets on Saturday). Even factoring gas and transit, baseball is cheaper. Go figure, eh?

It's math really. Baseball has 82 home games with a 50,000 seat capacity. Junior hockey has 40ish? home games with a 7,000 seat capacity. And then you factor in the number of sellouts in each stadium; i'll bet the Kitechener Rangers sell out more often than the Jays do, so therefore there is a demand premium on those tickets as well. I'd expect the hockey tickets to be more.
--
I'm a man, but I can change. If I have to. I guess.

»shaner38.blogspot.com/

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
reply to J E F F

said by J E F F:

It's actually 6200 plus 700 standing (and I think they lost seats when they did the expansion, no?), but your point is otherwise correct. The IceDogs cost roughly the same here in St. Cats, but they still sell out every single game in what is otherwise the oldest arena (and a deathtrap) in all of the CHL.

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
reply to ZZZZZZZ

One big difference between OHL hockey and MLB: baseball has salaries to pay, the OHL has per diems, accomodation, travel and education costs, but it's nowhere near what even the lowest paid MLB player makes. The costs the teams have to cover are very different, so the profit/loss ratios on ticket prices aren't directly related to how much is charged, it's about what the public will pay for them. Given that the Jays were drawing around 10k near the end of the season, they aren't profitable while most OHL teams other than Brampton usually are (hence the Battalion's announcement of a move to North Bay).

The 67s attendance is down this year because instead of being central at the Civic Centre (can draw from the whole city), they are out in Scotiabank Place (west end). Granted there are lots of fans to draw from in Kanata who might not have gone to the CC, but it's a massive building that seems empty even with 6-7k fans in like there were on Sunday afternoon. The CC holds ~9300 so 7k would be a good, noisy crowd.
--
"Pro amicis mortui amicis vivimus" (We live in the hearts of friends for whom we died)
the inscription on the Memorial in the Canadian War Cemetery at Groesbeek, the Netherlands

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to ZZZZZZZ

quote:
Former Devils Sergei Brylin, John MacLean to skate in Sandy relief game

A Devils alumni team that will include coach Pete DeBoer, Sergei Brylin and John MacLean, will face coaches from the New Jersey Colonials Travel Hockey Club Friday night at Mennen Arena in a charity game to benefit victims of Hurricane Sandy.

The game, set to start at 7 p.m. in the Morristown rink at 161 Hanover Avenue, will also feature Ken Daneyko, Grant Marshall, Bruce Driver, Dave Barr and others. Admission at the door is $10 for adults and $5 with a non-perishable food item for children.

DeBoer's two sons, Jack and Matthew, as well as one of Governor Chris Christie’s sons, will skate with the Colonials’ coaches.

When Colonials president Dede McMenamy suggested a benefit game be played to raise funds following the damaging storm, DeBoer and his wife, Susan, were among those who agreed to help. The event will collect monetary donations and food items to replenish local food banks and raise funds for the “Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund” and the Morris County Interfaith Food Pantry.

The Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund was founded by Colonials mom Mary Pat Christie. Ann Marie Manahan is president of the Interfaith Food Pentry. Both organizations are 501 (c) 3 Not for Profit.

Donation checks may be made payable to: Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund and/or Interfaith Food Pantry.

Suggested items to donate include: Parmalat, powdered milk, canned meats and meals, low-salt soups, canned tuna or chicken, chili, peanut butter, nut butters and canned fruit, juices, cereal, granola bars, coffee, diapers (all sizes), formula, baby food. Frozen turkeys for Thanksgiving will be accepted.

Devils winger Cam Janssen will hold his own charity game to raise funds for Hurricane Sandy first responders.

The game, featuring NHL players Barret Jackman, Alex Pietrangelo, Brian Elliot, and St. Louis Blues alumni, will be played Saturday at the Hardees Iceplex in Chesterfield, Missouri.

Janssen, a St. Louis native, said he wanted to help people in New Jersey so he asked players he skates with in the offseason.
»www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2012···_jo.html

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to shaner

said by shaner:

It's math really. Baseball has 82 home games with a 50,000 seat capacity. Junior hockey has 40ish? home games with a 7,000 seat capacity. And then you factor in the number of sellouts in each stadium; i'll bet the Kitechener Rangers sell out more often than the Jays do, so therefore there is a demand premium on those tickets as well. I'd expect the hockey tickets to be more.

Baseball has 81 games, junior 'A' has 34. But a major difference is salary. Average baseball player makes around $4 million, while some junior teams pay less than minimum wage. Although most teams do not do as well as the Kitchener Rangers. London Knights average 9,100 and Ottawa 67's were around 7,000 last year, less this year though. I think the these teams could do different ticket prices like baseball (where $17 is the minimum price ($8.50 for kids)) but charge more for premium seats (like $200+).

The Rangers have 5,800 season ticket holders, so very hard to get tickets. I was going to buy some today to take my kids to, but didn't make the purchase, I need to make sure they want to go before I fork over $69 for 3 tickets. ($12 worth of services chargers!!!)

To be honest though, I still prefer watching MLB. Junior 'A' second, or split by Major InterCounty Baseball --

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to Gone

No, it was 6,200 (+400) last year. They started adding seats after the last season and it's 7,200 + about 400 for standing.

They lost seats back in 2001 (about 500) when they build the box seats, they gained 400 seats in 2008 for the Memorial Cup, then they added 976 this year.

^^^^

Shows attendance for the first home game, over 7,600.
--

Link Logger
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Well the good news so far is its mid November and Toronto Maple Leafs still have as good a shot of making the playoffs as any other team in the NHL (however lately the same could said of my local Flames).

Blake
--
Vendor: Author of Link Logger which is a traffic analysis and firewall logging tool

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

Unsung hero...........Iginla

Just watched the 2002 Olympic Gold medal game replay,where Iginla was playing with Sakic........awesome hockey.

Unbelievable game by these guys........7 points and Iggy sets up Sakic for 2 beauties including the winner,and of course the setup to Crosby in the Van game.
--
~~Go Lions....back to back Cups!!~~

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium
join:2005-03-12
kudos:8
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Looks like talks have broken off again, no further plans. I seem to recall that mid-November was thought by some to be the unofficial deadline that really put the season at risk, and that around mid-December was pretty much the absolute cut-off.

Pat Quinn had a good point. In the very short career of an NHL player which rarely goes more than 10 or 12 years, anyone now playing who was also active in the 2004-05 season is on track to lose two seasons out of his career because of these friggin' lockouts, and that is a huge deal that also affects his stats and standings. Not that it makes any difference to Buttman and the other fat cats, who never do anything more physically demanding than lighting a cigar.
--
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan

zod5000

join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw

said by Wolfie00:

Looks like talks have broken off again, no further plans. I seem to recall that mid-November was thought by some to be the unofficial deadline that really put the season at risk, and that around mid-December was pretty much the absolute cut-off.

Pat Quinn had a good point. In the very short career of an NHL player which rarely goes more than 10 or 12 years, anyone now playing who was also active in the 2004-05 season is on track to lose two seasons out of his career because of these friggin' lockouts, and that is a huge deal that also affects his stats and standings. Not that it makes any difference to Buttman and the other fat cats, who never do anything more physically demanding than lighting a cigar.

While that's true, its still hard to feel bad for the 5% in a money war with the 1%. I can understand them doing it on principle, because the less they take, the more the owners get (its not like if they took cuts the fans would get cheaper tix and merch). Still I find it hard to sympathize with either side as they all make so much money from it.

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium
join:2005-03-12
kudos:8

Sure the players make a lot of money, but not nearly as much as in many other pro sports -- just look at salaries in MLB or the NFL. Besides, unless you're suggesting that the players should just give the owners everything they want for the sake of the fans, I don't see how it's even relevant. How about asking the owners to give the players everything they want for the sake of the fans? It works both ways. But historically, remember, it was always the players who were getting screwed in the early days of the NHL.

zod5000

Victoria, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to ZZZZZZZ

No I was just saying its hard watching rich people squabble.. lol.

I do feel the Owners should honor the existing contracts though. They were stupid enough to sign them. If they didn't want to pay so much out in salaries, no one was holding a gun to their end. The players did agree to a paycut and a salary cap after the last lockout. All the owners did was invent loopholes to keep paying more money.

If they do move to a 50/50 split it would probably need to be done gradually. Mostly because the players take in 57% right now, so you can't go straight to 50 without cutting existing contracts. I'm guessing that is what most of the impasse is right now. Figuring out how to do it.

When the NHL came out with that offer they proposed last month they didn't seem to address this. They basically offered a 50/50 split but said they would honor existing contracts. Which seemed to be a paradox, because if you honour existing contracts you don't have a 50/50 split.

My guess is we lose the season. I'm guessing the players would be willing to go down to a 50/50 split, but they're not going to let the NHL chop their contracts again, only to watch them find new loopholes.

Hopefully whenever it gets resolved they close the loopholes (like contract averaging). I find it extremely odd that Owners need the players to put a leash on the owners.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada

They players have already agreed to 50/50, but you're right about "how to get there" being a problem - players want a step-down, owners want instant 50/50.

I think the bigger issue right now is the contract rights that the owners want to impose that would basically reduce the negotiating rights of the individual players across the board.

Doonz

join:2010-11-27
Beaumont, AB

said by bt:

They players have already agreed to 50/50, but you're right about "how to get there" being a problem - players want a step-down, owners want instant 50/50.

I think the bigger issue right now is the contract rights that the owners want to impose that would basically reduce the negotiating rights of the individual players across the board.

No the player want to Delink and create a guaranteed raise every year

Stolen from another Board

Originally Posted by Freudian
Since there seems to be some confusion about NHLPAs proposal and some think it's a 50/50 split they are offering, I thought it would be appropriate to clarify.

NHLPA wants a guaranteed $1.91B in collective salary that will grow with 1.75% each year as long as it means the players share of HRR is larger than 50%. When 50% of HRR means a higher total salary for the players, it switches over to a linked system where players get 50/50.

The beauty of this system for the players is that owners wear the full risk of low growth in revenue.

Lets take a few different growth rates to illustrate how silly it is to call the players proposal a 50/50 split. I'm ignoring the lost games this year.

Scenario 1: Fans are really upset and revenue decreases with 1% each year on average

Players share of HRR
Year 1: 58,6%
Year 2: 60,3%
Year 3: 61,9%
Year 4: 63,7%
Year 5: 65,4%
Year 6: 67,3%

Scenario 2: Revenue increases with 2% each year on average
Year 1: 56,9%
Year 2: 56,8%
Year 3: 56,6%
Year 4: 56,5%
Year 5: 56,4%
Year 6: 56,2%

Scenario 3: Revenue increases with 5% each year on average
Year 1: 55,3%
Year 2: 53,6%
Year 3: 51,9%
Year 4: 50,3%
Year 5: 50,0%
Year 6: 50,0%

Scenario 4: Revenue increases with 7% each year on average
Year 1: 54,3%
Year 2: 51,6%
Year 3: 50,0%
Year 4: 50,0%
Year 5: 50,0%
Year 6: 50,0%

zod5000

Victoria, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to ZZZZZZZ

The owners want the players to make less, but they're also the ones offering large contracts.

Why do they need to players to be on board. Surely they could show some restraint and reign in the contracts? I find it really wierd they need the players to leash themselves because they have no fiscal restraint?

Doonz

Beaumont, AB

said by zod5000:

The owners want the players to make less, but they're also the ones offering large contracts.

Why do they need to players to be on board. Surely they could show some restraint and reign in the contracts? I find it really wierd they need the players to leash themselves because they have no fiscal restraint?

Can't do that. That's called collusion

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

»en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball_collusion

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Doonz

said by Doonz:

Hasn't stopped oil companies, and gas stations...

Doonz

Beaumont, AB

said by HiVolt:

said by Doonz:

Hasn't stopped oil companies, and gas stations...

See shaner link.

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
reply to Wolfie00

said by Wolfie00:

they mentioned the very same thing on TSN the other night...they used Jerome Iginla as an example...assuming this season is lost, those 2 years cost him $14 million in pay, and likely 70 goals...his is getting close to being a 600 goal player, that that 70 goals really hurts his career stats too.
--
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

- George Orwell