Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ

Re: [Hockey] Official~ NHL thread...........scores and highlites

Dorion and Boucher are on Ottawa radio

Dorion says he talked contract parameters with all the finalists (including BB). But Boucher's agent was the 1st he called. (since he talked contract parameters with all finalists that is where the confusion is coming from that the Sens offered BB a contract)

Dorion said he told BB that they had their #1 candidate and he could go ahead if he had something.
BigSensFan

BigSensFan to NCRGuy

Premium Member

to NCRGuy

Re: Official~ NHL thread...........scores and highlites

said by NCRGuy:

said by BigSensFan:

How is this related to Melnyk not willing to "pony up" Rumour had it they offered BB 2.75 per season for 3 years. Minny reportedly gave him 3mill for 4 years. Not much of a difference (relatively speaking)

As for people thinking that Boucher is a weird pick.

His record in the NHL 97W - 78L - 20 OTL which is a solid record (not as good as BB admittedly). His playoff record is 11-7 (better than BB's percentage)

He also had success in the CMHL and coached well in the AHL.

Plus he has coached Hoffman in the QMJHL so he knows him and how he plays

and MAYBE.. just MAYBE he is friends with Stamkos and can convince him to come to Ottawa

I am willing to give him a chance

»sports.yahoo.com/blogs/n ··· 140.html

SOme analysis of the BB hire and who Greg W thought might be the next coach for the Sens.. it came down to Yeo and Bourcher

Not much of a difference? Quarter mil a year for four years is a million. Perhaps you have enough money that's not a big deal, but it will be for many.

For many but not for guys that already are making millions of $$ per year and have made millions of $$ per year.. that is why I said "relatively speaking"

A 2.75 per year offer was still 1.25 million per year more than BB made last year
NCRGuy
join:2008-03-03
Ottawa, ON

NCRGuy to BigSensFan

to BigSensFan
said by BigSensFan:

How is this related to Melnyk not willing to "pony up" Rumour had it they offered BB 2.75 per season for 3 years. Minny reportedly gave him 3mill for 4 years. Not much of a difference (relatively speaking)

His record in the NHL 97W - 78L - 20 OTL which is a solid record (not as good as BB admittedly). His playoff record is 11-7 (better than BB's percentage)

and MAYBE.. just MAYBE he is friends with Stamkos and can convince him to come to Ottawa

SOme analysis of the BB hire and who Greg W thought might be the next coach for the Sens.. it came down to Yeo and Bourcher

Not much of a difference? Quarter mil a year for four years is a million. Perhaps you have enough money that's not a big deal, but it will be for many.

BigSensFan
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan

Premium Member

WHO IS THIS GUY?

2013-15: Bern, Switzerland National A League. Record: 44-29-5.

2014, 2015: Spengler Cup. Gold medal in 2015.

2010-13: Tampa Bay, NHL. Regular Season Record: 97-78-20, berth in Eastern Conference final in 2011.

2009-10: Hamilton, AHL. Regular Season Record: 52-17-11, eliminated in third round of playoffs.

2006-09: Drummondville, QMJHL: Regular Season Record: 105-87-16, QMJHL champions in 2009.

Education: McGill University. Degrees in sports psychology, biosystems engineering, environmental biology, history.
BigSensFan

1 edit

BigSensFan to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ

Mark
I stand with my feet
join:2009-07-11
Canada

1 recommendation

Mark to Lothario

to Lothario

Make it three!

...because it isn't the coaching in Ottawa, parity is a biatch and Ottawa is a middling contender with an activist Owner who prefired the last guy with 3 weeks to play! That was nasty.

Lothario
join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

1 recommendation

Lothario to HiVolt

to HiVolt
They still paying 2 coaches atm.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to NefCanuck

Premium Member

to NefCanuck
Melnyk probably didn't want to pony up.
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

1 recommendation

NefCanuck to Mark

to Mark
said by Mark:

Ottawa...WTF?

Brutal pick for what Dorion claimed was the critical choice of the franchise.

I could see Murray back in the reigns by early December, if his heart still beats.

Brutal pick, or only fool desperate enough to agree to coach under these conditions?

I'd say more the latter than the former, I mean Boudreau chose *MINNESOTA* over Ottawa :P

NefCanuck

Mark
I stand with my feet
join:2009-07-11
Canada

Mark to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
Ottawa...WTF?

Brutal pick for what Dorion claimed was the critical choice of the franchise.

I could see Murray back in the reigns by early December, if his heart still beats.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to shaner

Premium Member

to shaner
Boucher new head coach.......weird pick..

»www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey ··· .3572580

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ
Minnesota has a better team. Boudreau wants to win soon.

Ottawa will chase Bob Hartley.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Boudreau signs with the Wild............a little surprised.

Wonder why he didn't go to Ottawa......$$$$$$?
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned) to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
Blues win 4-1 in Big D. Now lead series 3-2 with game 6 Monday in St Lou....

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to bt

Premium Member

to bt
Ouch,that would piss me off,staying up late and then not seeing the finish.

We got a lightning shot on Wed night that conked our power grid off and I missed the 3rd period and OT of the Wash/Pitts game.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

1 recommendation

bt to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
said by ZZZZZZZ:

you guys down East are missing out.

More than you might think in some cases! There were complaints last night from some Rogers cable customers when they missed the OT winner thanks to their receivers installing updates at 2am.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Crazy finish....these guys had more scoring chances in the OT than in the 1st period of the game,tie series

One of the best games of the playoffs so far..........you guys down East are missing out.
ZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Going to 3OT in Nashville....insane stops by Rinne and Martin....great game.
ZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Dallas has 6 players on the ice for at least 15 seconds and before the blind refs can call it ..............Tarasenko gets a breakaway and scores. lol
vue666 (banned)

to ZZZZZZZ
Blues center Jori Lehtera stars in bizarre Finnish snack-chip ad

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· IE0Z6yR8

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to vue666

Premium Member

to vue666
and it's a blowout 6-1...........Isles blow the the game late and Nash stay alive.
vue666 (banned)

to ZZZZZZZ
5-1 Blues after the 2nd period....

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Kessel is such a chickenshit

Anyone see this last night?

Kessel cheapshots Ove and when Ove gets up and goes after him he runs into the corner and turtles and Ove was still 5ft away from him................couldn't believe it.

Why would anyone want this clown on your team?
ZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Letang suspended 1 game

»www.torontosun.com/2016/ ··· high-hit

didn't even think it deserved a penalty.
bt
canada

bt to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ

Yep, though word is that Fletcher is on his way to Anaheim to talk to Boudreau about Minnesota, and that the Flames have already talked to him over the phone. There's a lineup for his time right now.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to bt

Premium Member

to bt
I never thought he was a good coach.........on the other hand Sens have been given permission to talk to Boudreau.
bt
canada

bt to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
The Flames fired Bob Hartley. Looks like they realized the run from 2 seasons ago was non-repeatable luck instead of solid coaching.
LZYKNOWLEDGE
join:2015-03-02
Wasaga Beach, ON

LZYKNOWLEDGE to HiVolt

to HiVolt
lol
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to vue666

to vue666
said by vue666:

Goal scored by Captain David Backes on his birthday!!!! Blues gotta stop blowing 2 goal leads....

Is Ruff that good at making adjustments for the Stars or is Hitchcock unable to get the Blues to play pressure hockey with a lead?

NefCanuck
vue666 (banned)

to ZZZZZZZ
Goal scored by Captain David Backes on his birthday!!!! Blues gotta stop blowing 2 goal leads....