join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
reply to pnjunction

Re: [Hockey] Official~ NHL thread...........scores and highlites

said by pnjunction:

Didn't they have their own thread but they smashed and burnt it down?

No....it burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to ZZZZZZZ
said by ZZZZZZZ:

Wow does Lidstrom make that much of a difference for Detroit..............6-0 Habs?

Yea i was just about to post... wtf habs?
--
GO LEAFS GO!

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1
reply to ZZZZZZZ
Wow does Lidstrom make that much of a difference for Detroit..............6-0 Habs?
--
~~Get our troops home...now!!~~

FaxCap

join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC
reply to ZZZZZZZ
WE pulled a Tim Thomas and chose not to post in the Canuck topic!

FaxCap

Thingamajig
Premium
join:2004-11-03
B.C.
reply to pnjunction
said by pnjunction:

That's correct. Our Premier is still looking for those vandals...
hmmm... who was the moderator then? They have the power to smash & burn. lol
--
Some hero's wear capes, mine wear combat boots.

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON
reply to Savant

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
reply to HiVolt
No ,no ,no..........we used to have one but you Easterners would just ignore it.

So seeing as how the Canucks are now the center of the hockey universe,we've decided to put it out there for all to enjoy. lol
--

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Savant
said by Savant:

OK, I gotta ask, and I say this with the utmost in respect...

How come you Vancouver guys don't start a seperate thread for the Canucks? As the best NHL team in Canada, Lord knows you deserve it...

I hate having to dig around in here to read the Vancouver chat...

I think they used to have one every year, but this year ZZZZZZZ forgot to make one and just keeps trolling his canucks crap here.
--
GO LEAFS GO!

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
reply to Savant
Cause it's always the same discussion................Luongo sucks and where is Schneider? lol

Not quite that simple but pretty close.
--

Savant
Premium
join:2001-08-12
Toronto
reply to ZZZZZZZ
OK, I gotta ask, and I say this with the utmost in respect...

How come you Vancouver guys don't start a seperate thread for the Canucks? As the best NHL team in Canada, Lord knows you deserve it...

I hate having to dig around in here to read the Vancouver chat...
--

Attack the words, not the writer...

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
reply to ZZZZZZZ
Hodgson is looking better every game and getting more confidence.

So why wasn't Schneider starting..........A.V. needs a smack in the head.

Gillis was saying that he's not going anywhere so play him...........how stupid can you get?
--

Thingamajig
Premium
join:2004-11-03
B.C.

1 recommendation

reply to FaxCap
I thought that was the best game Ballard has played as a Canuck. There were some great plays made by both teams. I came up off the couch more than once.
Raymond's breakaway was wild, my dog left the room due to my screaming. lol
--
Some hero's wear capes, mine wear combat boots.

yoyomhz

join:2003-02-15
Beverly Hills, CA
reply to FaxCap
When Hodgson scored on Tim Thomas with that blast,
it somehow changed things. It's like some great things will
happen i nthe future for that guy.

FaxCap

Surrey, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to ZZZZZZZ
Canucks 3 Oilers 2 in Shootout.

Canucks must have ring in their ears.....never seen so many posts
and crossbars hit by one team. Could have easily been 5-2 Canucks.

Cody Hodgson with the shootout winner....the kid looks better every
day and is quickly becoming a fan favourite.

FaxCap

FaxCap

Surrey, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to ZZZZZZZ
If ANY player in the NHL should be on a "performance" contact it
should be that idiot Ovechkin. First cheque is 1 mill....next mill
doesn't kick in until 20 goals....then 30.....then 40. Each goal in the
playoffs is worth $100K.....that should keep the idiot interested.

When you're suspended you ain't makin' rubles, Ovi.

FaxCap

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to ZZZZZZZ
said by ZZZZZZZ:

Lets get back to hockey!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Opinions on whether Ovechkin should or will play in the All Star game.

I think he should because of the fans and if he doesn't because he's pouting,that just goes to show why the Caps are having so many problems now.

Well, and if thats the case, then he'll probably fizzle out as a star player sooner than later... He's guaranteed a shitload of money, so why bother performing if he's not the centre of attention.
--
GO LEAFS GO!

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
reply to ZZZZZZZ
said by ZZZZZZZ:

I think he should because of the fans and if he doesn't because he's pouting,that just goes to show why the Caps are having so many problems now.

Bingo, you hit the nail on the head right there.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
reply to ZZZZZZZ
Lets get back to hockey!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Opinions on whether Ovechkin should or will play in the All Star game.

--

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
reply to alamarco
He's not a douchebag for having the opinion he does, he's a douchebag for how he said it. Is that easier for you to understand?

alamarco
Premium
join:2003-06-18
Windsor, ON
reply to Gone
And you're not a bigot and bully for harping on others for having their own opinion? Hypocrisy at its best. Your posts are so ridiculous that you have to be trolling on purpose. I don't think anyone can be as illogical as you behave on these boards.

He expressed his opinion. Being a professionally athlete, he has to explain himself to the media. If he doesn't explain himself the media harps on him even more and just creates false assumptions as to why he didn't go. So he explains his absence and leaves it at that.

He's not a douchebag for having his own opinion. Whether you agree with his opinion or not, you calling him a douchebag is doing exactly what you claim "oh my" to have done. You're being a bigot and a bully thinking you're opinion is the only opinion and and that you are so high and mighty that anyone who disagrees is a douchebag and labelling everyone as teabaggers.

Just ridiculous and nonsense.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
reply to oh my
said by oh my :

Tim Thomas, whether you like it or not, expressed his opinion and declined an invitation. That's all there is to it. Isn't freedom great ?

Yes, just like my freedom to think his actions make him a douchebag and to express my opinion as such. Why must you be a bigot and a bully to try and repress my freedom of expression?

Now, to clarify, if he had simply declined the invitation, said that he didn't believe that hockey should mix with politics and be gracious about it that would be one thing. That, right there, is something that you can respect and would have been a class act.

What makes him a douchebag - and this is key - is that on declining the invitation he goes on some long-winded teabagger tirade about government growing too big, freedoms being destroyed, blah blah blah insert Michelle Bachman and Sarah Palin talking points here blah blah and then has the audacity to say that this isn't political, when he has taken a non-political invitation of congratulations from the President and turned it into precisely what he claims it isn't. Not only does he insult his team, the league and the President by ranting like this, but he takes us all for a bunch of retards by claiming declining the invitation wasn't politically motivated.

While I have no doubt he will become a folk hero with the teabaggers and will end up on someone's stage - other than Mitt Romney's of course - during the Republican primary it is precisely this that makes him a douchebag, and why I am not the only one calling him out for being a doucebag, spoiled brat and other choice words. Go read a newspaper and read some of what has been written, but I doubt you yourself will have the balls to send those columnists an email calling them a big or a print bully, because being anonymous is just so much more cool.

oh my

@bell.ca
reply to Gone
You act tough online, on these boards, yet I doubt that you would say to Tim Thomas, face-to-face, man-to-man that he's a douchebag. Some would say that you are a coward, but that is another story.

You incarnate the new kind of bullying, aka cyber-bullying. I do not believe you grasp the tone of your remarks.

Tim Thomas, whether you like it or not, expressed his opinion and declined an invitation. That's all there is to it. Isn't freedom great ?

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
reply to pnjunction
said by pnjunction:

said by Savant:

NHL says they don't have a problem with it. Seeing as the game means nothing in the big scheme of things, I don't see why he needs to be there if he doesn't want to go.

I can see why the NHL is leaving this alone, but they had a problem with it when Lidstrom skipped it and suspended him one game.

It means nothing for the Stanley Cup, but the league doesn't run on Stanley Cups it runs on money, which the All Star game brings in but not so much if it becomes fully optional and the big names don't show up.

exactly my point...well played.

{/wiser's clap}
--
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us
be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton 1950-2011

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to Savant
said by Savant:

NHL says they don't have a problem with it. Seeing as the game means nothing in the big scheme of things, I don't see why he needs to be there if he doesn't want to go.

I can see why the NHL is leaving this alone, but they had a problem with it when Lidstrom skipped it and suspended him one game.

It means nothing for the Stanley Cup, but the league doesn't run on Stanley Cups it runs on money, which the All Star game brings in but not so much if it becomes fully optional and the big names don't show up.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
reply to oh my
Calling the guy a douchebag because I perceive him to be an ignorant teabagger who decided to put himself ahead of the well-being of his team and turn a non-political invitation from the President of the United States to the White House for a photo op into a political farce and then have the audacity to play us all for fools and claim it wasn't political is well within my right, and I could care less what you think.

He is a spoiled, arrogant douchebag, and I am not the only one who thinks this.

Now to digress...

Love the bigot comment. I perceive that to be the same as people who claim that those who are against the war in Iraq are traitors or disloyal to their country and whatnot. But I'm sure you could care less, as I suspect someone who would claim calling someone a 'douchebag' makes them a bigot doesn't have the mental capacity to debate the finer points of why someone might be deserving of the label douchebag. I guess George Tekai calling homophobes douchebags makes him... a bigot too? In your world, I guess. Thankfully, this kind of false reality is not a world I live in.

oh my

@bell.ca
reply to Gone
said by Gone:

If you or anyone else here doesn't like it, tough shit.

Yet you are the one crying over it.

Face it, you can disagree with Tim Thomas' opinion, but calling him a douchebag over his personnal convictions is downright weak and unwarranted given the circumstances.

In the future, refrain from labeling others even if it is within your god-given freedom of speech. Nothing good comes out of it. It only makes you look like a bigot.

Savant
Premium
join:2001-08-12
Toronto
reply to dirtyjeffer
said by dirtyjeffer:

wow...declining the ASG...interesting...i can't see that going over well.

--

Attack the words, not the writer...
Expand your moderator at work

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
reply to pnjunction

Re: [Hockey] Official~ NHL thread...........scores and highlites

said by pnjunction:

doesn't want to be a distraction = doesn't want to be picked last as retribution for last year making fun of last-picked Kessel

Hah, I was thinking the exact same thing.

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to Kardinal
doesn't want to be a distraction = doesn't want to be picked last as retribution for last year making fun of last-picked Kessel