join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Glendale council passes lease deal for Jamison, Coyotes

»www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=410428

They just keep hanging on.
--
Sarcasm is the body’s natural defense against stupidity.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

What a bunch of idiots... This will be a money loser for as long as it exists there...

This is apparently interesting, as this is the old city council that voted for it, new elected council & mayor is coming to office in January and they are opposed to this...

How stupid is that...
--

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

Doesn't make much sense ,especially when you have 2 Canadian cities ready for a team.......with lots of cash.

Another buttman effect.
--

digitalfutur
Sees More Than Shown
Premium
join:2000-07-15
BurlingtonON
kudos:2
reply to loosedobbs

Re: [Hockey] Official~ NHL thread...........scores and highlites

The world's most expensive no-win wonder!

Just the way the fans like it.

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium
join:2005-03-12
kudos:8
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Re: Glendale council passes lease deal for Jamison, Coyotes

said by ZZZZZZZ:

Doesn't make much sense ,especially when you have 2 Canadian cities ready for a team.......with lots of cash.

Another buttman effect.

If Buttman had his way there would probably be no Canadian teams at all, they'd all be in the US desert. Except for the Toronto Maple Leafs, of course. The Leafs ownership have their control lever jammed so far up Buttman's ass they can make his lips move. In case anyone wonders why he says the things he does.

loosedobbs

join:2006-06-13
Toronto
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Not exactly NHL News. ANd what the heck is "super-drunk" charge.

Riley Sheahan Arrested: Detroit Red Wings Prospect Charged With Driving Drunk In Teletubby Costume, Reports Say

»www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/2···r=Canada

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

said by loosedobbs:

ANd what the heck is "super-drunk" charge.

»www.michbar.org/journal/pdf/pdf4···1654.pdf

For what it's worth, their "super drunk" penalties still pale in comparison to penalties people face up here in Canada.

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium

Which is ironic because the US generally has stiffer penalties for all offenses across the board.

Side note for those who may not follow politics... Jennifer Granholm is Canadian-born and was a very successful and popular two-term governor of Michigan, having to step down only because of term limits. She has since been an active and valued participant in Democratic party politics and has been mentioned as a possible Supreme Court nominee. I've seen her on a number of talk shows and she is a very impressive lady.
--
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

Drunk driving seems to be one of the few things the Americans take a lackadaisical approach to as far as penalties go.

Jennifer Granholm was among many popular foreign-born governors all serving at around the same time that there was some serious consideration given to removing the constitutional requirement that the president be born in the USA. I figure it'll eventually happen, it's only a matter of time.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

quote:
there was some serious consideration given to removing the constitutional requirement that the president be born in the USA. I figure it'll eventually happen, it's only a matter of time
Trump's hairpiece will turn white.........if and when that happens.

Can you imagine the yanks with a Canadian POTUS.........yikes?
--

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB
reply to Gone

This is for a .17 in Michigan...

quote:
"Super-drunk" convictions carry a heavy price tag. Stiff fines and other costs can approach $8,000. Plus, drivers convicted under the "super-drunk" law lose their licenses for 45 days, face longer stays in jail and have to undergo mandatory alcohol treatment.
.08 in Alberta....
quote:
For drivers with blood alcohol over .08:
Criminal charge
Immediate licence suspension which is sustained until criminal charge is resolved.
1st charge: sustained licence suspension and 3-day vehicle seizure, Planning Ahead course.
2nd charge: sustained licence suspension, 7- day vehicle seizure, Impact course.
3rd charge: sustained licence suspension, 7-day vehicle seizure, Impact course.
Mandatory ignition interlock after criminal conviction – 1 year for 1st conviction; 3 years for 2nd conviction; 5 years for 3rd conviction.
Plus all related towing, impound, court and insurance fees.
--
I'm a man, but I can change. If I have to. I guess.

»shaner38.blogspot.com/

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

»www.forbes.com/nhl-valuations/list/

"According to Forbes latest list league’s five wealthiest franchises are worth, on average, $605 million. They include the Toronto Maple Leafs, who made NHL history of a sort when they became the first team to be assessed at $1 billion.
Just think what they’d be worth if they won.
The Vancouver Canucks are seventh on the list with an estimated worth of $342 million.
The five poorest teams on the list, meanwhile, average out at $145 million. They include Carolina at 26th, the New York Islanders, Columbus, Phoenix and, strangely, St. Louis in 30th".
--
Why is the time of Day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?

WNGFAN 1

join:2003-11-02
Leamington, ON
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Getting closer and closer to shutting it down for the season. No progress made with mediators:
»www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=410527

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
reply to ZZZZZZZ

2013 NHL free agency : Who's available?

»www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/11/···lable%3F

Should be interesting to see how this works out next year.
--

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

my Rockets are on fire :)

»www.castanet.net/edition/news-st···tm#83970

Good old fashion jr game last night,some sweet goals and lots of rough play and fights.
--

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

Wahlberg challenges Domi to boxing match

»www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/12/···g_match/

I think I'll put my $$$$ on Domi.
--

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

said by ZZZZZZZ:

»www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/12/···g_match/

I think I'll put my $$$$ on Domi.

i don't know...fighting in hockey equipment on the ice is different than fighting in the ring...if it were on ice, i would bet on Domi...in the ring??...not sure...if Wahlberg intends on punching Domi's head, he'll lose...he can't be phased by that.
--
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

- George Orwell

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

Well it looks like the last few days of supposedly positive negotiations have spectacularly crashed & burned...

What a fuckin debacle...

zod5000

join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw

said by HiVolt:

Well it looks like the last few days of supposedly positive negotiations have spectacularly crashed & burned...

What a fuckin debacle...

meh. I don't seem to missing it too much. The seasons are so long anyways (September to June). It's actually a bit nice having it off tv for a while

I'd imagine if it were on TV I'd miss not watching it, but as there's nothing to miss, how can one miss it?

Allthough last weekend there was a Marlies game on TV and for some reason the Red Wings announcers were calling the game... that made me miss hockey a little bit

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

I didnt see the Don Fehr presser, but I saw part of the Buttman presser, and my god I've never seen him this agitated... He's clearly pissed off.

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium
reply to ZZZZZZZ

"NHL commissioner Gary Bettman responded later Thursday evening, and said the concessions the NHL feels it made earlier this week are off the table." This kind of "f**k U" crap is the reason it's going nowhere. The season is pretty much done now.

BigSensFan
Premium
join:2003-07-16
Whitby, ON

What is needed is a fan revolt if they come back. Hopefully that will kill a few of the teams that Bettman is trying to save with this lockout.... the teams that are healthy in Canada and the Northern US are supporting the stuff in the desert and vacation spots...
--
"The hardest thing about any political campaign is how to win without proving that you are unworthy of winning." ~ Adlai E. Stevenson

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

Read a great article last week [can't find it now though] about how the fans could revolt,but the author goes on to say that no matter how po'ed they are right now and they swear they'll never go to another game or they'll sell their season passes..........it won't happen because of how fanatical hockey fans are ,especially in Canada.

I understand what he's saying and theres really nothing the fans can/will do except stay away in droves...........but we all know that unfortunately won't last for long.

Personally as a fan who buys a lot of sportswear my boycott has and will be not buying anymore nor will I ever go to another live game,unless given the tickets...........this is definitely the last straw for me.
--

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium

The whole dynamic of fan anger could change if the key unpopular faces associated with this debacle were dumped. Maybe that's why Bettman seemed so agitated. He surely knows he wasn't exactly a popular guy with the fans even before this latest disaster.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

Has he ever been?

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
reply to ZZZZZZZ

If/when this gets sorted out, when the time comes for the Stanley Cup to be given to the captain of the winning team, I hope he tears it out of Bettman's hands and skates away with it rather than posing with the biggest reason this is still going on. The look on Bettman's face when he realizes he's just been insulted, big time, in front of millions of people, would be priceless.
--
All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars
All of us do time in the gutter, dreamers turn to look at the cars

- Peart / Lifeson / Lee
Join Team Helix

TopShelf

join:2010-06-25
reply to ZZZZZZZ

In response to the website, Did Scott Gomez Score Last Game?, the answer is yes.

In six games with the ECHL's Alaska Aces, Gomez has three goals and four assists. He's a playmaker, not a goal scorer.

There's a slew of NHLers on the team....all Alaskans.

Scott Gomez - Montreal
Brandon Dubinsky - Columbus
Nate Thompson - Tampa Bay
Joey Crabb - Washington

I'm lovin it. However, I do feel sorry for the people that are not working at locked-out arenas. That's just insane!!!

--
The only thing North Korea could wipe out in four minutes is a South Korean all-you-can-eat buffet.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to Wolfie00

The TV was on in the background with no volume and I didn't catch the comments till after football,but yeah Buttman is not a happy camper.

It seems the owners want to crush the PA at any expense,and it's going to be expensive.

The only rose in all this? Robbers and Bhell spent a bundle for content in buying MLSE and get nothing in year 1.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

FaxCap

join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Looks like the players will have to decertify and sue the NHL.

Buttman has to go.

FaxCap

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
reply to elwoodblues

said by elwoodblues:

The only rose in all this? Robbers and Bhell spent a bundle for content in buying MLSE and get nothing in year 1.

I wouldn't say nothing.... just nothing from the top MLSE asset.