uniqs

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Re: [Hockey] Official~ NHL thread...........scores and highlites

Anyone still awake.............going to 2OT.
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned) to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
It seems most of the outrage about Shaw's outbursts came from a gay Chicago sportscaster who follows the Blackhawks. Also it seemed to be at odds with the Blackhawks "You Can Play" project which encourages homosexuals to engage in sports without the fear of being ridiculed.

»www.outsports.com/2016/4 ··· xcusable

So it really was a no win situation for the Blackhawks....
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

2 recommendations

bt to HiVolt

to HiVolt

Re: Official~ NHL thread...........scores and highlites

said by HiVolt:

Its a tough sport, emotions run high, stuff gets said.

I, and the NHL, reject that as a valid excuse for bigoted behaviour.
bt

bt to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
said by g121:

both are wrong but they sure aren't equal

Left hand/right hand maybe? Different departments handing down discipline in these two cases. I definitely think Bellemare should have gotten more, but that's Department of Player Safety during the playoffs for you.
said by g121:

both are wrong but they sure aren't equal

Left hand/right hand maybe? Different departments handing down discipline in these two cases. I definitely think Bellemare should have gotten more, but that's Department of Player Safety during the playoffs for you.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

1 recommendation

HiVolt to bt

Premium Member

to bt
said by bt:

They aren't trying to come across as "wholesome family entertainment" like the NHL is.

Yeah, elbows to the head, blood dripping from faces of high sticked players and being carried on stretchers after being slammed to the boards is so family friendly eh.

Its a tough sport, emotions run high, stuff gets said.
bt
canada

bt to HiVolt

to HiVolt
They aren't trying to come across as "wholesome family entertainment" like the NHL is.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to bt

Premium Member

to bt
I guess you haven't seen a rap/hip hop video, where an otherwise unacceptable word is sometimes said dozens of times.
bt
canada

bt to HiVolt

to HiVolt
Probably because most people recognize it as something that is unacceptable, full stop. "Heat of the moment" is no excuse.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to bt

Premium Member

to bt
said by bt:

said by HiVolt:

what the hell is the difference between what he said and the hundreds of slurs thrown during a game between players and at the officials?

This one was caught on camera, meaning the NHL couldn't just turn a blind eye to it and pretend it doesn't happen.

Oh please, you can lip read players in almost every game saying stuff to each other.

I'm pretty damn sure I heard a similar thing during the Leafs/Detroit HBO special, and since it was uncensored.

Refs hear that stuff all the time, why don't they act?

To me, in the heat of the moment, what the guy did was no different than calling the ref or player any other unsavory word you can think of. But noo, you say the magic F word and everyone's got their knickers in a knot.

Either police/enforce it on all foul language, or none at all. not this selective shit.
bt
canada

bt to HiVolt

to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

what the hell is the difference between what he said and the hundreds of slurs thrown during a game between players and at the officials?

This one was caught on camera, meaning the NHL couldn't just turn a blind eye to it and pretend it doesn't happen.
Relic (banned)
join:2003-09-29

Relic (banned) to g121

to g121
said by g121:

not condoning anything but ..

how can Flyer Bellemare almost killing that Capital's defensemen with that head-first check into the boards be given that same suspension as Blackhawk Shaw using a bad slur. both are wrong but they sure aren't equal.

sjw logic isn't equal either so makes sense that the reaction was ever so dramatic

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to newtekusr

Premium Member

to newtekusr
and they stay alive.......back to Wash.

newtekusr
@pppoe.ca

newtekusr to g121

Anon

to g121
Philly gets a taste of their own game when their player is on stretcher right now.

g121
play lordsgame com | Phone Cops are real
join:2004-05-28
Toronto
Hitron CODA-4680
Asus RT-AC86
Grandstream HT812

g121 to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
not condoning anything but ..

how can Flyer Bellemare almost killing that Capital's defensemen with that head-first check into the boards be given that same suspension as Blackhawk Shaw using a bad slur. both are wrong but they sure aren't equal.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

1 recommendation

ZZZZZZZ to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
They're losing it with this PC crap.

So does he have an appeal before the 5th game,cause if he doesn't play it could be the end of the season for the Hawks.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

1 recommendation

HiVolt to bt

Premium Member

to bt
quote:
Chris Johnston ;@reporterchris 1m1 minute ago

Andrew Shaw will be required to undergo sensitivity training. The NHL doesn't view his "heat of the moment" excuse as a mitigating factor.

Chris Johnston ;@reporterchris 2m2 minutes ago

Andrew Shaw suspended one game and fined $5,000 for homophobic slur and inappropriate gesture to official.
29 retweets 15 likes
Seriously, sensitivity training? My goodness... So what if he said to the ref "you motherfucker"? is that a motherphobic slur?
What if he called him "You fucking breeder"?

Unless the referee in question is gay, what the hell is the difference between what he said and the hundreds of slurs thrown during a game between players and at the officials?
bt
canada

bt to vue666

to vue666
Decent chance.

Pretty sure that players have faced supplemental discipline for racial slurs before, this shouldn't be any different. But then, it's the playoffs and that means the league lets players get away with things they wouldn't in the regular season.
vue666 (banned)

1 edit

to ZZZZZZZ
I wonder if Andrew Shaw will get any sort of fine or discipline for his meltdown after the game consisting of obscene jestures and language he directed towards the officials?

Andrew Shaw Could Face Discipline for Homophobic Slur

»thehockeywriters.com/and ··· ic-slur/

»www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey ··· .3544347
vue666

vue666 (banned) to FaxCap

to FaxCap
said by FaxCap:

How the hell does Chicago have a power play after Crawford jumps the Blues player????
F'ing ridiculous. It adds to the so called myth....the one about some original six teams always getting
away with shit. Hawks and Bruins come to mind.

FaxCap

I'm still scratching my head trying to figure that one out...Perplexing indeed....

FaxCap
join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC

1 recommendation

FaxCap to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
How the hell does Chicago have a power play after Crawford jumps the Blues player????
F'ing ridiculous. It adds to the so called myth....the one about some original six teams always getting
away with shit. Hawks and Bruins come to mind.

FaxCap

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

1 recommendation

ZZZZZZZ to vue666

Premium Member

to vue666
After watching the Blues/Hawks game,I watched the my jr team Kelowna Rockets win in OT to win their series in 7 games...they scored with 2 seconds left to tie it as well.

I love playoff hockey.
vue666 (banned)

to ZZZZZZZ
These late night games are really putting a damper into my productivity at work....

BGB
Wants moar interwebz
Premium Member
join:2009-07-09
Waterloo, ON

BGB to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ
said by ZZZZZZZ:

Well Hawks and Wings are in trouble.........down 3-1 in series.

I thought the lightning was supposed to be crippled? The wings gave up too many PP goals. Well looks like yet another first round loss for them. I hope they get their act together soon and stop these last game playoff clinches and being booted the first round.

And hopefully the hawks lose the next game.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Well Hawks and Wings are in trouble.........down 3-1 in series.
vue666 (banned)

2 edits

to ZZZZZZZ

Official~ NHL thread...........scores and highlites

Coach's challenge must go...At least according to the author of this article....

»slam.canoe.com/Slam/Hock ··· 269.html

How about the team that calls the coach's challenge gets a two minute penalty for delay of game IF they loose the challenge...

Sounds like a good documentary.....
quote:
Clint Malarchuk barely survived the most gruesome injury in NHL history, nearly bleeding to death on live TV. It launched a nightmare of post-traumatic stress, depression, addiction, broken marriages, bar fights, arrests, rehab and relapse. He's now ready to share his story in a shockingly honest feature-length documentary based on his riveting tell-all bestseller, 'The Crazy Game'.

»www.imdb.com/title/tt527 ··· pl_pl_tt

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Kings survive with a 2-1 OT win.........another crazy game.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ
said by ZZZZZZZ:

Philly fans are imploding.......5-1 Caps.

This series is over.

As it should be, the Caps should be dominating and they are.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to vue666

Premium Member

to vue666
Philly fans are imploding.......5-1 Caps.

This series is over.
vue666 (banned)

to ZZZZZZZ
Predicting the Flyers will win the game tonight in Philly but will loose the series to the Capitals....

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to vue666

Premium Member

to vue666
Both the Kings and Ducks lose their gms at home..........crazy.