share rss forum feed

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Re: [Hockey] Official~ NHL thread...........scores and highlites

Congratulations to Wade Redden for his 1000th NHL game, and HUGE congrats to former Ottawa 67's goalie Petr Mrazek for his first NHL game and first NHL win.

loosedobbs

join:2006-06-13
Toronto
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Stanley Cup is in Peterborough today. For Hockey Day in Canada.

"Bruins trade Thomas to Islanders ". Can Tim recover from his meltdown. Looks like Wade Redden is doing pretty good at the moment. So there is hope.

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico

said by loosedobbs:

"Bruins trade Thomas to Islanders ". Can Tim recover from his meltdown.

I don't think there is any intention of Thomas actually playing; it's more of a move to get the Islanders to the spending floor. They can also carry the contract over to next year for the same reason if they want to.
--
All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars
All of us do time in the gutter, dreamers turn to look at the cars

- Peart / Lifeson / Lee
Join Team Helix

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Kardinal

said by Kardinal:

Congratulations to Wade Redden for his 1000th NHL game

Yea for a while it looked like may not play again if it wasn't for this buyout clause in the new CBA.
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Kardinal

said by Kardinal:

I don't think there is any intention of Thomas actually playing; it's more of a move to get the Islanders to the spending floor. They can also carry the contract over to next year for the same reason if they want to.

This is how retarded the salary cap floor is... Teams picking up deadbeat contracts or overpaying less than average players just to satisfy some stupid minimum... doesn't make them any better.
--

FaxCap

join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw

said by HiVolt:

This is how retarded the salary cap floor is... Teams picking up deadbeat contracts or overpaying less than average players just to satisfy some stupid minimum... doesn't make them any better.

I'll never understand why there has to be a minimum anyways. WTF???

FaxCap

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

said by FaxCap:

said by HiVolt:

I'll never understand why there has to be a minimum anyways. WTF???

FaxCap

in all honesty, it is to keep everyone honest...otherwise, you could fill your roster with low cost AHL players, finish dead last several years in a row and stockpile top tier draft picks.
--
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

- George Orwell

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico

There's that, and there's also the angle of the PA wanting to ensure that their members get paid well. If a team had an entire roster of AHL players making NHL league minimum, chances are the team wouldn't draw well, would be a money loser and a drain on league revenues, and the cap wouldn't rise as quickly or as much as it did over the previous CBA (remember: the floor is now higher than the cap when we started).
--

- Peart / Lifeson / Lee
Join Team Helix

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to dirtyjeffer

said by dirtyjeffer:

in all honesty, it is to keep everyone honest...otherwise, you could fill your roster with low cost AHL players, finish dead last several years in a row and stockpile top tier draft picks.

Ok, but they could make the salary floor much lower... The problem is that the floor is relative to the cap, so the higher the cap, the higher the floor... Just make it lower, right now its 44 million, still way too high for a lot of the struggling teams. if it were 30 million that'd be more like it.
--

loosedobbs

Toronto
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Ouch. I guess the reporters are as tough as players.

»ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu···nhl.html

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS
kudos:1
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Good game in Jersey. Pens and Devils tied 1-1 after two...

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Devils win 3-1... Arena in Newark had a crowd in excess of 17,000 despite the snowy weather....

Tampa at Bruins game postponed due to storm.

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS
reply to ZZZZZZZ

In St Lou - after the 1st, 3-1 for the Good Guys over the Ducks....

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS

3 goals in 1.41 minutes in the 2nd by the Ducks.... Bad Guys up 4-3...

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Ducks win 6-5 in shootout in a very fast & exciting game....

Go Blues GO.... Long Live the Note!!!!!

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS

Great game on NBC... Kings at Detroit....Dead Things are leading after two 2-1... Howard is standing on his head!!!!

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS
reply to ZZZZZZZ

What a wild game at the Joe Louis.

Kings tie it 2-2 on a goal by defenceman Martinez with less then a minute.'

Dead Things score with less then 5 seconds to win...

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Devils up 1-0 in Pittsburgh after the 1st period. Game is on NBC Sports via Center Ice...

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS

Devils beat Pens 3-1 for a second time in 2 days....

Robert
Premium
join:2002-03-11
St John'S, NL
reply to ZZZZZZZ

The hawks just keep rolling along. Finally get to go home for a 7 game homestead. Kane, as much as I have been annoyed with, is playing top notch. Enough to be a Hart candidate. Europe did him some good.
--
It's one thing to listen to an idiot talk. As soon as you respond, there are now 2 idiots having a conversation.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

Yup ,had a feeling he was going to have a great year.

He has something to prove after his little drunk affair...........picked him in all my pools.
--
Sarcasm is the body’s natural defense against stupidity.

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS
reply to ZZZZZZZ

After 2 periods in St Lou... Kings are winning 3-1....

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS
reply to ZZZZZZZ

4-1 for the Kings with 1:31 left in the 3rd.... Off to bed for me...

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
reply to ZZZZZZZ

It looks like "the other" Brian Elliott has shown up in St Louis. Last year, there was the I'm-not-under-pressure-so-I'll-just-do-my-thing Brian Elliott, who played well enough to earn a contract as a walk-on and then an all-star game berth, and deserved it for the numbers he was putting up. Right now, we see the the other one, who crumples under pressure like he did when Pascal Leclaire went down with an injury and he was forced into a starting role. The Blues had better pray that Halak's injury won't keep him out more than a few games.

The trade for Anderson couldn't look better.

(edit = added last sentence)
--

- Peart / Lifeson / Lee
Join Team Helix

FaxCap

join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Not NHL but kinda related.....don't see this everyday!

Referee and player fight.

»www.vancouversun.com/videos//vid···L65Hs48o

FaxCap

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
reply to Kardinal

quote:
It looks like "the other" Brian Elliott has shown up in St Louis.

»www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnf···=4565747

not great news for the Blues who are suddenly in a slump.
--
Sarcasm is the body’s natural defense against stupidity.

thebaron
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Stittsville, ON
reply to ZZZZZZZ

For anyone with an iphone: ask Siri "what team does God play for" and see what answer it gives

loosedobbs

Toronto
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Who is next one to go?

The Columbus Blue Jackets have relieved general manager Scott Howson of his duties.

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS

Blues Jamie Langenbrunner to undergo hip surgery.... The young Blues lack experience and some of the young Blues were looking to Langenbrunner for guidance and leadership....

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS

1 edit
reply to Kardinal

said by Kardinal:

It looks like "the other" Brian Elliott has shown up in St Louis. Last year, there was the I'm-not-under-pressure-so-I'll-just-do-my-thing Brian Elliott, who played well enough to earn a contract as a walk-on and then an all-star game berth, and deserved it for the numbers he was putting up. Right now, we see the the other one, who crumples under pressure like he did when Pascal Leclaire went down with an injury and he was forced into a starting role. The Blues had better pray that Halak's injury won't keep him out more than a few games.

The trade for Anderson couldn't look better.

(edit = added last sentence)

Anderson is awesome. I recall when he was with the Avs and he stood on his head in a playoff series against the Sharks....

However the Blues can not fault Elliott for their recent string of losses. I've watched all Blues games to date except for the season opener against the Red Wings.

The Blues just don't look as sharp or intense as they did earlier.... Sure Elliott was to blame for a goal or two but there hasn't been much in support for him...

Bernie Federko (Blues commentary on tv broadcasts) blames it on the inexperience of the Blues...

It is an hurtle for the young team & adversity will only make you stronger... Too much talent on the Blues for them to remain in this funk...

The Blues goal scoring is medicore at even strength but deadly when on the pp...