Small block Chevies rule
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS
kudos:2
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Re: [Hockey] Official~ NHL thread...........scores and highlites

Pens beat Jets 3-1...

After 1 period in Calgary, Blues 4, Flames ZIP...

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1
Iggy will get traded this year.

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS
reply to ZZZZZZZ
Flames score one. Now 4-1 after 2... Jake Allen (from St Stephen's NB) made one helluva unbelievable save in the 1st period...

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS
Blues hold off a good effort by the Flames to mount a comeback and win 5-2....

Go Blues GO!!!
Long Live the Note!!!

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
reply to ZZZZZZZ
Here's an interesting tidbit (courtesy of Pierre Lebrun, via Twitter):

As per CBA, Matt Cooke is no longer considered a repeat offender for purposes of calculating forfeited salary resulting from suspensions. CBA rule is that repeat offender status is reset if there's no suspension in 18 months. Cooke was last suspended in March 2011. That doesn't mean Shanahan wouldn't consider Cooke's past if something were to happen again though. This isn't unique to the new CBA; it was the same rule in the old CBA as well.

Unreal. Absolutely and totally unbelievable. Oh wait, it's the NHL & NHLPA we're talking about. Sadly, it is believable after all.
--
All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars
All of us do time in the gutter, dreamers turn to look at the cars

- Peart / Lifeson / Lee
Join Team Helix

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
unions always look after their own.

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
said by dirtyjeffer:

unions always look after their own.

Employers do too, if they union member is worth a lot of money. Pittsburgh re-signed Cooke 3 years ago, and have kept him on their roster in spite of everything he's ever done. But hey, he hasn't been suspended in almost 2 of those 3 years, so it's all okay.

Remember, the NHL signed off on the CBA on behalf of the team owners, so it's as much an ownership / league problem as it is the PA.
--

- Peart / Lifeson / Lee
Join Team Helix

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON
in fairness to Cooke, he has cleaned his act up.

all it took was this:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLqpw_uK ··· pw_uKyds

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
Uhhh...no, that didn't do a damn thing to convince him to shape up. That was April 2010. Less than a year later, was this:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=emTQpD8j ··· QpD8jmuw

Here's the story of that incident, which resulted in Cooke's FIFTH suspension: How should Lemieux react to Cooke's infraction? Remember, this incident was not long after Lemieux was criticizing the league for not doing more to protect his players during a brawl on Long Island (reference story).
--

- Peart / Lifeson / Lee
Join Team Helix

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON
my bad...either way, he has cleaned up his act quite a bit...he only had 44 PIMs last year...hopefully he has learned to cut that shit out.

Robert
Premium
join:2002-03-11
St John'S, NL
reply to ZZZZZZZ
Woohoo, Hawks keep rolling!
BTW_ posting from the mile high city

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS
You're in Denver? When do my Blues and your ChiHawks play next? Wanna place a friendly wager?

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS
reply to ZZZZZZZ
Jake Allen's awesome save against Flames on Friday is being called save of the season.... (Yeah I know the season is quite young... )

»www.theprovince.com/sports/hocke ··· ory.html

»www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion ··· mes.html

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD2cSPgh ··· cSPghNkE

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB
That was something else.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
Reviews:
·Vonage
reply to vue666
That was a miraculous save.

Just watching the Pens and Sabres..........they sang both anthems ,do they do that in every game?

Never noticed it before with 2 yankee teams playing.
--
Sarcasm is the body’s natural defense against stupidity.

Kitlope

join:2004-07-29
Edmonton, Ab
reply to ZZZZZZZ
Oilers young offence woke up last night after being down 3 - 0 against Colorado and beat them in regulation 6 - 4. Nugent Hopkins with his first goal of the season, Eberle got 2, Hemsky with a beauty, Smyth with a much needed assist... Avalanche's coach after the game was NOT a happy man.

Much needed 2 points.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
Reviews:
·Vonage
Yup good game........quite the comeback.

The problem is getting down like that in a lot of games.........they need better goaltending with that offense.

And they took 2 pts away from Hopkins in my pool.............thought he had 3 pts?
--
Sarcasm is the body’s natural defense against stupidity.

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB
reply to ZZZZZZZ
said by ZZZZZZZ:

That was a miraculous save.

Just watching the Pens and Sabres..........they sang both anthems ,do they do that in every game?

Never noticed it before with 2 yankee teams playing.

The Sabres always sing the Canadian anthem because of all the Canadians in the crowd.
--
I'm a man, but I can change. If I have to. I guess.

»shaner38.blogspot.com/

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON
reply to ZZZZZZZ
said by ZZZZZZZ:

The problem is getting down like that in a lot of games.........they need better goaltending with that offense.

Looks like more a defense problem to me. Dubnyk is middle of the pack 15th in save percentage but Edmonton is 2nd last in shots against at 33.7 per game.

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS
reply to ZZZZZZZ
Entertaining game in Buffalo....

Kitlope

join:2004-07-29
Edmonton, Ab
reply to ZZZZZZZ
said by ZZZZZZZ:

Dubnyk isn't the issue, it's the defence. He might not be the best of goalies in the league but this year he's proving himself and if he keeps it up will have The Boulin Wall's job. Recently the offence has been super stung too.

We all know the Oilers are a young team, the youngest IIRC. It's the little rookie mistakes that kill us. The last few games the Oil have had numerous chances to score, ugly goal or not, but the puck just never happened to find the back of the net, at least until late in the first of the Saturday's game and then things changed. A string of bad luck that just had to turn anytime, and it did.

Unlike most years as a fan of the Oil, I have faith in these kids. Even when they're down. The killer hands of Eberle, the sniper like "holy fucking shit" shot of Yakupov, the speed and play making abilities of Taylor Hall, the smart defense of the extra young Justin Shultz... some great exciting hockey for sure. Hopefully the boys can keep performing in regulation time and last night's performance broke a club record with 56 shots... which is rather hard for me to fathom considering the 1980's era and all that. So surely that must mean these kids can do it and at least reach the playoffs? We can only hope.

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS
reply to ZZZZZZZ
After 2 periods in Vancouver, Blues 2, Canucks 2.... Great game but it's almost midnight and I gotta get up for 6:20 AM... May have to go to bed...

Styvas
Go Canucks Go
Premium
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON
Quitter!

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS

2 edits
Actually I stayed up till the end, including the shoout out... And glad I did....

Go Blues GO....
Long Live the Note!!!!!

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQbcBvcc ··· cBvccDrs

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7O_xpJQ ··· _xpJQUu4

FaxCap

join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC
reply to ZZZZZZZ
The Stars and the Blues look very similar. Both talented teams.
The Blues are one of the USA based teams I would actually cheer for.

FaxCap

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
reply to ZZZZZZZ
I've seen quite a bit on Twitter that the St Louis Blues charter aircraft was stuck on the tarmac in Vancouver for hours yesterday / this morning due to a mechanical breakdown that couldn't be fixed quickly and a substitute aircraft wasn't available. They landed in St Louis at around 0830h EDT this morning, play at home to SJS tonight, and are in Colorado tomorrow. Good luck with all that!
--

- Peart / Lifeson / Lee
Join Team Helix

FaxCap

join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
said by Kardinal:

I've seen quite a bit on Twitter that the St Louis Blues charter aircraft was stuck on the tarmac in Vancouver for hours yesterday / this morning due to a mechanical breakdown that couldn't be fixed quickly and a substitute aircraft wasn't available. They landed in St Louis at around 0830h EDT this morning, play at home to SJS tonight, and are in Colorado tomorrow. Good luck with all that!

I heard that this morning on the local radio sports. I wonder if they
are one of the USA based teams using the Air Canada charter aircraft?

FaxCap

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
N of 49th
There was one brief image on something I saw / read and it was a US Airways aircraft. I would think if it was an AC bird they'd be able to get parts for it a bit quicker at a major airport like Vancouver.

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS
reply to ZZZZZZZ
In st Lou after two, Blues 1 (Patrick Berglund), Sharks 1 (Joe Thornton)....

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS
reply to ZZZZZZZ
Blues lost 2-1... They looked lethargic in the 3rd period...