Premium
join:2004-11-03
B.C.
reply to FaxCap

Re: [Hockey] Official~ NHL thread...........scores and highlites

said by FaxCap:

said by Crunchyfrog:

Please cite the sources you don't have.

It was a radio report on CKNW....how the hell do I cite that?!

FaxCap

Let the questioner find it!
Here! I'll point him in the right direction ... »www.cknw.com/other/audiovault.html
--
Some hero's wear capes, mine wear combat boots.

mike10

join:2004-03-02
reply to FaxCap

said by FaxCap:

said by Crunchyfrog:

FaxCap

I also read some online stuff about that
I don't really feel like finding the articles though

FaxCap

join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to capdjq

said by capdjq:

I followed the Canucks all year. To me they lost to a better team. The Hockey season's over I look forward to Football Season.

I agree....Boston was better....especially Thomas.

I disagree.....football and baseball leave me cold.

FaxCap

FaxCap

join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to Crunchyfrog

said by Crunchyfrog:

FaxCap

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Coastie

1 recommendation

reply to shaner

I really can't understand the fanaticism of fans towards professional sports teams. I like hockey, being Canadian, and Sports in general. But I never lose any sleep or think of beating someone up if my favorite team loses. I might feel bad, for 5 minutes, but then I move on to other things. These players are paid damn well. Injuries are part of the game. The receive it and they give it. If they cannot respect one another I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep.
I followed the Canucks all year. To me they lost to a better team. The Hockey season's over I look forward to Football Season.
--
A scout troop consists of twelve little kids dressed like schmucks following a big schmuck dressed like a kid.

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB
reply to vue666

said by vue666:

What do the Canucks do for next year?

»www.canada.com/sports/hockey/Hig···ory.html

Look, like it or not, this Canucks team is a very good team. Many, many teams have to lose the Stanley Cup before they learn how to win it. The Oilers, yes Wayne Gretzky's Oilers, lost to the Islanders in their first trip to the Finals. The Pens lost to Detroit before returning the next year to complete the job. Even the Red Wings of the 90's had to lose their first trip to the dance. It's a common occurance for a talented team like the Canucks to lose thier first championship quest.

If the Canuck management stays the course and keeps the nucleus of the team together, there could be many years of Cups in Vancouver....if they don't panic.
--
I'm a man, but I can change. If I have to. I guess.

vue666
Small block Chevys never die
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to vue666

Even our provincial politicians are celebrating the Bruins win... Photo is of Provincial Cabinet Minister Bill Estabrooks decked out in Bruins sweater....

»www.news957.com/news/article/241···ton-fans

In the community of Hammonds Plains, Nova Scotia the following sign says it all...

»www.thechronicleherald.ca/Front/1248906.html

vue666
Premium
Halifax, NS

1 edit
reply to vue666

Bruins Cup parade is tomorrow (Saturday June 18)...

»www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bru···_parade/

...a caravan of cars from Halifax is leaving today....

»www.news957.com/news/local/artic···-cup-win

vue666
Premium
Halifax, NS
reply to jaberi

What do the Canucks do for next year?

»www.canada.com/sports/hockey/Hig···ory.html

jaberi

join:2010-08-13
reply to Kardinal

said by Kardinal:

I can't seem to get this picture to save and post, so here's the link:

»bit.ly/l9EVdH

I somehow doubt that's his purse, especially with tags still on it.

wife and kids went to the game, and he went shopping

jaberi

reply to FaxCap

where were the firefighters, with their hose aimed straight at them?

Crunchyfrog

join:2006-05-04
Nanaimo, BC
reply to Mauricio

said by Mauricio:

Stay classy Vancouver.

Stay classy Vue666

Crunchyfrog

Nanaimo, BC
reply to ZZZZZZZ

said by ZZZZZZZ:

lol..........loosedobbs . you're always good for a laugh.
[/BQUOTE
Don't feed the sad troll

Crunchyfrog

Nanaimo, BC
reply to FaxCap

said by FaxCap:

said by Wolfie00:

but it wasn't just random bums.

I've been saying that all morning.....this was semi-organized by the
known hoodie gang. The other 18 to 25 year perps joined in the
mob mentality.

As I type this on the radio they just read an e:mail a father has
forwarded to the radio station. It's his kid's friend saying to bring
rocks with him downtown for the riot. This was before the game
even started.

FaxCap

Expand your moderator at work

jaberi

reply to im4fishing

Re: [Hockey] Official~ NHL thread...........scores and highlites

said by im4fishing:

I know this is a late post, but I have been waiting 39 years for another Bruins Cup win. I have been a Bruins fan since the late 60's and after 70 and 72 it has been a rollercoaster ride. So close but yet so far. All year people said bruins were slow, no defense, no offence. I knew better. I watched their games, I saw how good they were, I knew they would surprise everyone. They were fast when they needed to be, hard-hitting when they needed to be, and had stellar goaltending when they needed to have it. The fact that they accomplished this with a poor power play just shows how great they really were.
Tim Thomas was outstanding, a phenominal showing of skill and gamesmanship. How much can be said of Marchand...an incredible player with the heart of a lion (A Bruin), Seguin coming in after Horton went down, what a display of talent this kid put on.
Bergeron, just....WOW. Chara...the beast of the east, incredible D-man. All 4 lines clicking, unusual in a Cup final.
After game 6 I was hoping Boston could bring their home game to Vancouver, and they did!
Thank you Boston Bruins for making a long-time fan (from Canada) a very happy person. Even some habs fans on some other forums are giving praise to the Bruins. Respect from your enemies means you did great. Looking forward to next year.

there will be no repeat of anyone who will play the whole season as tim thomas has played.......i doubt we will see this ever again.

MarkAW
Barry White
Premium
join:2001-08-27
Canada
kudos:16
reply to ZZZZZZZ

said by ZZZZZZZ:

»photoblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20···=twitter

Not everyone was rioting.

Nice make love not war that always works for me.
--
Those who do not archive the past are condemned to retype it.
Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.

im4fishing
Premium
join:2002-05-13
Thunder Bay, ON

1 recommendation

reply to ZZZZZZZ

I know this is a late post, but I have been waiting 39 years for another Bruins Cup win. I have been a Bruins fan since the late 60's and after 70 and 72 it has been a rollercoaster ride. So close but yet so far. All year people said bruins were slow, no defense, no offence. I knew better. I watched their games, I saw how good they were, I knew they would surprise everyone. They were fast when they needed to be, hard-hitting when they needed to be, and had stellar goaltending when they needed to have it. The fact that they accomplished this with a poor power play just shows how great they really were.
Tim Thomas was outstanding, a phenominal showing of skill and gamesmanship. How much can be said of Marchand...an incredible player with the heart of a lion (A Bruin), Seguin coming in after Horton went down, what a display of talent this kid put on.
Bergeron, just....WOW. Chara...the beast of the east, incredible D-man. All 4 lines clicking, unusual in a Cup final.
After game 6 I was hoping Boston could bring their home game to Vancouver, and they did!
Thank you Boston Bruins for making a long-time fan (from Canada) a very happy person. Even some habs fans on some other forums are giving praise to the Bruins. Respect from your enemies means you did great. Looking forward to next year.

vue666
Premium
Halifax, NS
reply to MarkAW

said by ZZZZZZZ:
As for the riots ,if you open your biased eyes,and watch the videos of who started the fires and egged people on,you can see who the lowlifes are who are really responsible..............the punks with no jerseys,who just crawled out from under their rocks .

Please take the rose coloured glasses off... and look at these pictures... Plenty of Canucks jerseys are being worn by these lowlifes...

»/speak/slidesh···dD0yNDQw

vue666
Premium
Halifax, NS
reply to ZZZZZZZ

No...they were partying in Beantown...

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
reply to MarkAW

»photoblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20···=twitter

Not everyone was rioting.
--
~~Get our troops home...now!!~~

MarkAW
Barry White
Premium
join:2001-08-27
Canada
kudos:16
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Click for full size
said by ZZZZZZZ:

As for the riots ,if you open your biased eyes,and watch the videos of who started the fires and egged people on,you can see who the lowlifes are who are really responsible..............the punks with no jerseys,who just crawled out from under their rocks .

May be you should look at the videos again because a lot of the fires and egging on was done by fans wearing Canuck jerseys.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihAx8WyXS9o

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=izkDi0fng5w

--
Those who do not archive the past are condemned to retype it.
Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.

BigSensFan
Premium
join:2003-07-16
Whitby, ON
reply to yoyomhz

said by yoyomhz:

(youtube clip)
is too bad. A serious injury because the players must go berzerk and hit hard to win at all costs.

The hit wasnt even hard.. give me a break
--
"The hardest thing about any political campaign is how to win without proving that you are unworthy of winning." ~ Adlai E. Stevenson

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
reply to dirtyjeffer

said by dirtyjeffer:

you shouldn't be tempting the hockey gods.

as i said after Thingamajig posted the Bruins shirt for dogs to piss on, never tempt the hockey gods.
--
Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can't eat money - Native American proverb

bluebaron2
Stuff Happens
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-01
North of 44
Reviews:
·Xplornet
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Ok I'd like all of you to tone down the rhetoric please.

None of you are members of either team, your team either won or it lost, neither outcome had anything to do with any of you.

You're only fans, quit taking it personally. Seasons over, .... there's always next year.
--
bb2

Since I've given up hope I feel much better.

yoyomhz

join:2003-02-15
Beverly Hills, CA
reply to yoyomhz

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbE80Qzy1kA

this is too bad. A serious injury because the players must go berzerk and hit hard to win at all costs.

vue666
Premium
Halifax, NS
reply to yoyomhz

Even Marcia (CTV News) is on the Brad Marchand bandwagon...

yoyomhz

join:2003-02-15
Beverly Hills, CA
reply to ZZZZZZZ

So Boychuk sees Mason Raymond is on an awkward
position, but he hits him as hard as he can, and Raymond
breaks a vertebrae.

It's things like that that make me sick of the NHL.

I'm glad Boston got their game 7. Now they can go home, with
unbroken vertebraes and feel happy for the rest of their life.

vue666
Premium
Halifax, NS
reply to Gone

said by Gone:

said by FaxCap:

Too bad you have to live through someone else's victory. I don't
mean that as a nasty comment....I mean Halifax/Dartmouth could
put more people in the seats of their own team than most opf those
southern USA teams. Same could be said for Regina or Saskatoon.
We all know how rabid their football fans are...I could see them
supporting an NHL club with the same vigour.

From what my friend out east has told me, people in Halifax consider Boston teams just as much theirs as they are Boston's, and Boston likewise feels that Haligonians are home fans. When the Red Sox won the World Series, they had a second parade in Halifax after Boston. It's a relationship that doesn't seem to exist elsewhere in Canada. The ties between Halifax and Boston run very very deep, well beyond even just the sports were talking about now.

Exactly... Boston has always been the first to send Halifax aid in their time of need... That's one of the reasons Halifax always sends a Christmas tree to Boston every December... People in Maine, New Hampshire & Massachusetts know more about Nova Scotia then most other areas of Canada outside of the Maritimes or Newfoundland...

vue666
Premium
Halifax, NS
reply to FaxCap

The sympathies in Halifax at the time of the American Revolution among the common peasant was with the colonists as they shared their anger over taxes without representation... The reason WHY we did not fight against mother England is simple... Outside of England, the largest standing British military force was stationed in Halifax...

Is there a more modest and likeable person in all sports then Tim Thomas? I recall his interview after the game..."Family comes first..."