Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal to HiVolt

Mod

to HiVolt

Re: [Hockey] Official~ NHL thread...........scores and highlites

said by HiVolt:

The new CBA will basically be like this for any more than average player... There is a spending cap and a term cap, so they will want to max it out as much as possible...

IMO this will create a bigger problem in the end than last CBA's "frontloaded" contracts...

But....but....but....it was the team owners that insisted the new CBA have these provisions to protect the GMs from themselves when it came to signing contracts, so it can't be "bad for the game", can it?

I thought $7M was too much for him, and while he has 22 assists he has only 8 goals at the 2/3 mark of the season, so agreeing to pay that much for 5 more years is just ludicrous IMNSHO. He sat around as a free agent until July 26th during last year's UFA feeding frenzy, so it's not like there was a huge demand for his services and I can't see it being all that bigger this year. He's now making more money than Jordan Stall or Jeff Skinner, both of whom are younger and don't have nearly the baggage.

Semin is the next Alexi Kovalev, and the Hurricanes just signed a contract that will be as untradeable as Luongo's.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

to dirtyjeffer0

quote:
i have a Brett Hull rookie card.
So do I..

Also have many more including Lafleur,Patrick Roy,Yzerman and Ray Bourque's.

The 80's were a great year for rookie cards.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to Kardinal

Premium Member

to Kardinal
Hehe... This is a story of every CBA... Agents just find a way to exploit it... If its not frontloaded 10 year deals, its short max out deals... Same shit, different pile;...

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal

Mod

said by HiVolt:

Hehe... This is a story of every CBA... Agents just find a way to exploit it... If its not frontloaded 10 year deals, its short max out deals... Same shit, different pile;...

Yup. The Semin deal has set a precedent that every single agent is going to use as a starting point in their negotiations with teams, not as a comparable, "because my client has scored more goals over the past two seasons" etc. Now, instead of wanting x money and being willing to set it out over extra long years that the player doesn't intend to play, they want it all over a max of 7 or 8 years. The team capologists are going to be working a lot of sleepless nights over the next few years trying to figure out how to fix some of the problems that current GMs are creating.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Yeah... Leafs have this issue right now with Grabovski's contract, whom Burke gave a 5 year $5.5M cap hit contract a year ago...

They'll have an issue when Bozak's contract expires next year, as well as Kessel's...

It'll be like.... You gave Grabo that much?? Well... Bozak will want just as much, and Kessel will no doubt want the max... If the Leafs dont give it to him, another crazy GM will...
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned) to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
WTF - TSN is not showing the Habs vs Penguins game!!! Instead they're carrying the NBC feed of Flyers vs Rangers

Oh well Oilers @ Blues is on in an hours time....

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Bloody Blue's players are killing me in my pool.

Backes,Oshie,Perron and Pietrangelo have about 3 pts between them in 10 games.................never picking these clowns again.
vue666 (banned)

vue666 (banned)

Oilers win 3-0 over Blues...

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Heh, seems like the Habs Brian Gionta has taken out another goalie!
quote:
Pittsburgh goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury stopped all 22 shots he faced but did not play in the third period after a collision in front of the Penguins' net. Tomas Vokoun filled in and made 15 saves to give Pittsburgh just the fourth combined shutout in franchise history.

Fleury appeared woozy after getting slammed into by teammate Tyler Kennedy and Montreal's Brian Gionta late in the second period. He laid on the ice for a moment to collect himself, but did not come out of the dressing room for the third.
Gionta took out Leafs James Reimer last year...
vue666 (banned)

to ZZZZZZZ
2nd game in a row where the Blues badly out shoot the opposition but feel short on the scoreboard....

Styvas
Who are we? Forge FC!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON

Styvas to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ
Cool! I also have that Sittler rookie. Yours looks to be in better shape than mine, though.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Ya most of my cards are in great shape,although the pics don't do them justice cause they're in plastic binders.

Styvas
Who are we? Forge FC!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON

Styvas

Premium Member

Mine were inherited from an uncle who didn't collect them for their value, but simply because he liked them as a kid and was a hockey fan. There was no particular attempt on his part to keep them in great shape (not that he abused them either, of course).
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
Kiprusoff says he won't report if he's traded. Wonder what the Islanders are going to offer the Flames for him?

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to Styvas

Premium Member

to Styvas
Nowadays most cards have to be in mint shape to be worth any money.

I have about a dozen cards that are worth a fair amount,but I doubt I'll ever sell them............I love looking at them from time to time and reading the stats.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to bt

Premium Member

to bt
said by bt:

Kiprusoff says he won't report if he's traded. Wonder what the Islanders are going to offer the Flames for him?

ROFL...

loosedobbs
join:2006-06-13
Toronto

loosedobbs

said by HiVolt:

said by bt:

ROFL...

I read that on TSN. But he says its is some family reason and nothing to do with any teams. Can't find the link now but will search again.

"The Boston Bruins have claimed forward Kaspars Daugavins off waivers from the Ottawa Senators."

OK it is on NHL and not TSN site.

"Though the Calgary Flames have the right to trade Miikka Kiprusoff to any team they choose prior to next Wednesday's deadline, the goaltender apparently isn't prepared to play elsewhere.

Sportsnet's Nick Kypreos reported via Twitter on Tuesday that Kiprusoff won't report to any team he's dealt to due to family reasons. The 36-year-old does not have a no-trade clause."

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Letang back on IR

»www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419208

Now I know why the Pens picked up Murray...........what I can't figure out is why the Sharks traded him in the 1st place?
ZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Iginla a healthy scratch tonight

Looks like Boston is his new home.............that's going to be weird seeing him in yellow.

FaxCap
join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC

FaxCap to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ

Speaking of Boston.....wild game against Montreal tonight!

Habs score with 8 seconds left to tie it 5-5....just starting overtime now.

FaxCap
FaxCap

FaxCap to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
Habs win the shootout...and with it 1st place in the northeast.

FaxCap

Thingamajig
Premium Member
join:2004-11-03
B.C.

Thingamajig to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ

Re: Iginla a healthy scratch tonight

said by ZZZZZZZ:

Looks like Boston is his new home.............that's going to be weird seeing him in yellow.

Nope! Pittsburgh. Who saw that coming? Man, they are serious!

Robert4
Premium Member
join:2002-03-11
St John'S, NL

1 recommendation

Robert4

Premium Member

Definite favourites now. Shaner must be happy!

loosedobbs
join:2006-06-13
Toronto

loosedobbs to Thingamajig

to Thingamajig
said by Thingamajig:

said by ZZZZZZZ:

TSN got it wrong. big time...They hyped that so big as usual and got it wrong. Even NHL had same on their web site stating TSN as source.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by loosedobbs:

TSN got it wrong. big time...They hyped that so big as usual and got it wrong. Even NHL had same on their web site stating TSN as source.

Hahaha yeah they were so confident... I was surprised this morning to hear it on the radio that Iggy went to the Pens...

Hell, better to the Pens than the Bruins. I hate the Bruins.

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner to Thingamajig

Premium Member

to Thingamajig
said by Thingamajig:

said by ZZZZZZZ:

I did. Go Pens!
said by shaner:

I say he ends up in Pittsburgh. After all, Iggy and Crosby do have some chemistry.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· a_player

FaxCap
Surrey, BC

FaxCap to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ

I wish Iggy all the best with the Pens. They really have to be #1 in the Cup race.

Great post there, Shaner....I remember being move close to tears
when Sid scored that goal.

FaxCap
vue666 (banned)

vue666 (banned) to FaxCap

to FaxCap
said by FaxCap:

Speaking of Boston.....wild game against Montreal tonight!

Habs score with 8 seconds left to tie it 5-5....just starting overtime now.

FaxCap

Wild indeed... B's get two back to back penalties with about 5 minutes left in the 3rd. Both teams blow two goal leads....
vue666

to ZZZZZZZ
Talk is now Jay Boumeester to be dealt to Blues....

FaxCap
Surrey, BC

FaxCap to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
Just heard a radio sports commentator say it's going to be Luongo for Lupul.

FaxCap