uniqs
share rss forum feed

RustyTheDog
Premium
join:2003-05-27
Trenton, NJ
reply to tmpchaos

Re: Permanent Greeting, part two

Hi all. Eric here. Purchased my first Apple product in 20-something years back in December, 2009. A 32GB iPhone 3GS. I dabbled in Apple's back when the McIntosh hit the streets (God, I am old). I was a Commodore 64/128 and up user, programmer and repair/consultant dude in my spare time since about 1979 or so (I was 12). Honestly, my main reason for shunning Apple was the lack of applications. That seems to have been resolved since my last real try a long time ago.

I currently am all Windows as far as my computers go, but I am seriously considering looking at a MBP for my next purchase.

I'm really not unhappy with Windows (I dual boot Ubuntu also).

For the record, I never was an Apple basher. I always knew the quality and consistency of the hardware for Apple was better, I just never "got" the OS. I mean I understood it, but never preferred it.

So wish me luck as I prepare to really mix up a batch of Kool-Aid, probably around Christmas time. I LOVE my iPhone (even bought an iPod touch for my son). So I guess the Kool-Aid is trickling in already

CherylA

join:2005-06-09
Encino, CA

Cant say I am in the clan yet as my first ever Apple Device is a gift of an IPAD 3G/wifi currently in transit. Have only had my hands on an Ipad twice, and loved it, never had any other devices from there. Have used windows based pcs since late 90s and excited to dabble but know I will be lost lol In a good way.
--
BAN THE DEED NOT THE BREED!!
NEUTER & SPAY, DON'T LITTER!
-----------------
Enjoying DSLX Service