spc
Search similar:

uniqs
br0adbanddoc
join:2001-12-31
Wilkes Barre, PA

br0adbanddoc

iPhone Rumor

Hopefully we can put the iPhone rumor stories to bed now...

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

said by br0adbanddoc:

Until Bloomberg posts another rumor.
br0adbanddoc
join:2001-12-31
Wilkes Barre, PA

br0adbanddoc

Psst... I just heard that the iPhone is going to be on Verizon's network in March... =)

NOCTech75
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Marietta, GA

NOCTech75

Premium Member

said by br0adbanddoc:

Psst... I just heard that the iPhone is going to be on Verizon's network in March... =)
Feb 30th is the launch day.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

1 recommendation

fiberguy2 to br0adbanddoc

Premium Member

to br0adbanddoc
said by br0adbanddoc:

Yup! ... because another CEO of a trustworthy company has made another statement too.

These guys know what they're doing too.. the one thing you said I agree with that the "rumors" need to get put to bed - because they are just that.. AND, there really is no need to know the future; we live in the now anyway. If the iPhone comes, it comes.. if it don't, it don't.

People spend way too much time trying to pin point down the future, sometimes to the exact date, prices, policies, etc.. why? .. why when they don't exist in the now.

If, and when, the iPhone comes to ANOTHER CARRIER (there are more than just Verizon obviously) then maybe it would be the time to talk about it, if that's even necessary.

But, one thing for sure, just because a CEO said it doesn't always mean they're telling the truth either.. sometimes they like to play mind games in the media to also keep their competitors in the guess too.. it USED to be that having information known in advance was a good thing and was done often.. now, no one wants anyone to know until the day is upon us as it takes the competition by surprise.

But really, in short - who really cares.. if it happens, it happens.

JustACoward
@verizon.net

JustACoward to br0adbanddoc

Anon

to br0adbanddoc
quote:
Hell no! What I heard him say was that Apple is building a LTE version that Verizon will be happy to carry.
ashworth7
join:2001-10-06
Pittsburgh, PA

ashworth7 to Nezmo

to Nezmo
Apple has always had proprietary equipment why would they change with the iPhone ??
towerdave
join:2002-01-16
O Fallon, IL

towerdave to br0adbanddoc

to br0adbanddoc
said by br0adbanddoc:

Everyone knows that Jobs doesn't like anyone stealing his thunder, and if Verizon wants the iPhone, they have to play ball with Jobs and Apple, so the CEO isn't going to say anything BUT what he said, or Jobs will kill the deal. I'm not saying there is a deal, but if there is, Jobs is the one that will announce it, nobody else.

TD

N3OGH
Yo Soy Col. "Bat" Guano
Premium Member
join:2003-11-11
Philly burbs

N3OGH to br0adbanddoc

Premium Member

to br0adbanddoc
Why? It makes for so much fodder for Internet message board banter.