Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cajunhilbily

join:2007-09-10
Sevierville, TN

[DW7000] DNS Lookup Error

DNS Lookup Error
This has always been a problem, but since I told Hughes to stop bothering me, it's gotten worse. I want them to stop emailing me about this "free upgrade" when its actually $125 because I do not want to sign another 1 year commitment. My work is iffy at the moment and I want the option to dump them if I loose my job or something else better comes along. Am I right? I mean I paid for this crap already. The question is; Is it possible for them to cause this DNS problem to escalate? Do others have this issue as much as 3 to 4 times in just a few hours. I might be paranoid but it does seem like this is happening. Thanks

tobicat
Premium
join:2005-04-18
Tombstone, AZ

1 edit

Well of course they can and do. And now that you posted here the Hughes guys who monitor this forum have gotten your info and you are going to get turbo page errors, TCP acceleration errors and other things along with the DNS errors.
--
9000 spaceway III, 7000S SatMex 5 1050, Dlink wirless

cajunhilbily

Sevierville, TN
reply to cajunhilbily

Wow! For real? These people must be awful busy with what is said about them on this forum...sure hope their busy with sabotaging others. I don't think I deserve it. Just because I can't afford to upgrade is no reason to kick me when I'm down.

Zach1
Premium
join:2006-11-26
NW Minnesota

said by cajunhilbily:

Wow! For real? These people must be awful busy with what is said about them on this forum...sure hope their busy with sabotaging others. I don't think I deserve it. Just because I can't afford to upgrade is no reason to kick me when I'm down.
I'm sure tobicat has some ocean-front property out there in Tombstone he'll let you have for cheap.

cajunhilbily

Sevierville, TN

HeeHee! I bet...

laserfan

join:2005-01-14
Texas
reply to cajunhilbily

I have DNS Lookup Errors occasionally, only it seems with certain websites, but I'm always able to access them if I "Reload current page" (Firefox).

I do not have this problem with the same websites if I use my Virgin Mobile Broadband service, which has 1/5th the ping times, so I presume it has something to do with "responsiveness" (lack thereof) of a sat connection but I dunno really.

n6997a

join:2003-09-26
Xcalak, Mex
reply to cajunhilbily

I have been getting "Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): The server could not be found." with my hosting company for a couple months. In the past I could both reach the host, log in and work on sites. Now I can do none of that. I get the same error trying to access the hosted sites web pages themselves. It seems that either Hughes is blocking any and all of the host sites or the host is blocking Hughes....odd.

This happens on several computers and browsers that can access the host over DSL.

Any ideas out there?

bumwolf

join:2007-04-21
Florence, AL
reply to cajunhilbily

I get those DNS errors too. Originally with the DW7000 and now the HN7000s. It's something I wish Hughes would fix since it's seems to happen when I surf most .org or .net sites. I've learned to live it. But it's an annoyance I wouldn't be sad to see go.
--
Hughesnet | HN7000s | Pro Plus Package | Windows 7 | 1 Watt Transmitter | .74m Dish | 89 West 1070 MHz | Software V. 5.8.0.72 | 5yrs Customer