All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

amb
@direcway.com

amb

Anon

[HN7000S] HughesNet and issues with AIM?

I have Windows 7 with a Linksys router and an HN7000s modem. I use AIM5.9 and I had issues with it staying connected through the night until Hughes released an update that fixed it (or so I read) earlier this year. I used AIM7 during that time which worked fine.

I haven't had any problems with AIM 5.9 since then until an hour or so ago. I tried to view my profile and AIM immediately disconnected me. Since then, I can sign on fine but it will disconnect me after less than five minutes or I won't be able to sign on at all until I either restart AIM completely or reset the connection in Set Up- only for it to disconnect me again. The newest version of AIM also does this.

I have restarted my computer, reset my modem and router, and I've also deleted/re-entered my screenname but this issue continues. When something with AIM happens I'll usually do a Twitter search and see if others are experiencing the same thing. This time it seems like only a few people are having this problem. Is it safe to say that this is an AOL server issue? My modem IP page says that everything is working fine and there were no red X's on the diagnostics page. I have no trouble browsing websites.

Sorry if this is the incorrect forum but I posted it here in case it was related to HughesNet. I'm paranoid after all of the other issues being because of them.
tobicat
Premium Member
join:2005-04-18
Tombstone, AZ

1 edit

tobicat

Premium Member

There have been no software updates for the 7000 so i guess AIM ( whatever that is ) has changed something.

Doc Lithius
join:2009-08-19
Rock, MI

Doc Lithius to amb

to amb
I've been having issues with AOL Instant Messenger lately, myself. Random disconnects and such. It's mostly with AOL Instant Messenger, but sometimes the modem itself hiccups...so I'm not entirely sure who's to blame here. It also seems to happen mostly during the later part of the day and during the free period.