how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

BlinkerBoy

join:2008-12-26
Pico Rivera, CA

Bit Torrent Throttling in So Cal?

I have noticed this for the past few months. EVERY time I use Bit Torrent (for legal software/large sized freeware, of course) my connection is cut to 0 kbps up/down EVERY minute or so. It shortly after picks up again and then repeats. (I have download and upload limit set to half of the caps, so it's not my upload causing it).

This is ONLY when I use Bit Torrent, and it's hella annoying. Anyone else notice this? I've tried encrypting my traffic, to no avail. Note: My connection doesn't cut out (as in hardware issue), as I'm still connected wirelessly.

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:16

Is Roadrunner still your ISP? I'm thinking this might be better asked in your ISP forum and I can move your post there for you.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18
reply to BlinkerBoy

said by BlinkerBoy:

EVERY time I use Bit Torrent (for legal software/large sized freeware, of course) my connection is cut to 0 kbps up/down EVERY minute or so.

Note: My connection doesn't cut out (as in hardware issue), as I'm still connected wirelessly.
How do you know it isn't a wireless issue? Try using a direct Ethernet connection instead to see if there is any improvement.
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?