Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Micmel

join:2010-04-16
Charlotte, NC
reply to jade

Re: Attention CLEAR - You're about to lose a ton of customers

update: after just 30mins of surfing the net on my usb dongle i was capped at .20mbps... no streaming no p2p just simple browsing.

Came home used my home modem since my usb was useless, and 24mins into a netflix stream on my blu ray player i was buffered indefinitely. Ran a speed test on my laptop and had 18kbps down and 23kbps up!

Called clear, 3 people later i was informed i was: not being capped, no over my usage, nor was i being actively managed. They had me do a tracer and was told by tuesday it would be either fixed or i would be told as to why my connection is being crippled. Got a case ref# and was informed i would be credited everyday for service under 2.0mbps

dellis

join:2002-09-22
Des Plaines, IL

Welcome to my nightmare. Went through this with them about a month ago. Made it perfectly clear to 2nd level support that I was being capped. I went as far to even let them know that I keep a bandwidth monitor running on my desktop ALL the time. (And all of you should too.) They tried to give me the runaround, but I already knew what the deal was. As soon as the new TOS popped up I didn't even read it because I knew they were trying to cover their ass there too. {sigh}