uniqs
share rss forum feed

m4a2000

join:2010-06-24
Port Orchard, WA
Reviews:
·Wave Broadband

Cable TV out for Port Orchard

I just got a call from my mom saying her cable was out so I checked mine and found my was out as well. This happened around 11:50 PDT today... And from calling around it seems to be all of Port Orchard...

I haven't called wave yet, but this is the first time something like this has happened to me. The only good news is that internet still works... connection is a little slow, but it still works.

GorstStand

@wavecable.com

Was out in Gorst also. Up now though...

m4a2000

Port Orchard, WA
reply to m4a2000
Yeah... came back around 12:40... Now I'm getting a lot of digital drop outs on some of the channels...

hamunaptrah2

join:2009-12-16
Federal Way, WA
reply to m4a2000
Same here.
Went out Wave phone only around 1:00 this afternoon and at (9:30 this evening still not working), called support from neighbors phone and after waiting 20 minute listening to really bad music gave up....this also is Wave's support norm as well...net is working but very slowly.

Looks like Wave bit off more than they could chew on this one, will be looking a Cell service tomorrow.

Their phone service has been fairly good this past month but I fear this fall and winter it is going to be a mess....even worse than it has been when the weather gets bad when you need it most.

hamunaptrah2

join:2009-12-16
Federal Way, WA
reply to m4a2000
Well, my phone came back over 27 hours later, they said they were doing an upgrade....as I have told them many times, they need to post their maintenance schedule so people can plan for their screw ups better (maintenance).

POedon 27sep

@wavecable.com
reply to m4a2000
In our area further south cable was out last week for upgrades.
And as a result those few of us left that don't have a digital box have seen the channels once again rearranged. No more 104,5,7's.

Seems the only recourse would be a move to satellite. Sucks.

m4a2000

Port Orchard, WA
reply to m4a2000
Well my cable is back to normal, but my internet is getting really slow... It sucks because I need to download my class's daily vid... The slow connect keeps timing out the download.