Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

EwanG

join:2005-02-18
San Antonio, TX
reply to jade

Re: Attention CLEAR - You're about to lose a ton of customers

I'm in San Antonio, and seeing the same results. What's worse is that I convinced several other folks to sign up for the service, and had written a couple recommendations on my blog as well. Now I feel like I've not only been deceived, but have let those folks down as well.

I did buy my modems, but also signed up for the two year contract. So guess I'm going to get insult with injury with an ETF. I started with them last December and thought I'd finally found an ISP who "got it", but that is unfortunately not the case.

alfnoid
Premium,MVM
join:2002-02-18
said by EwanG:

I did buy my modems, but also signed up for the two year contract. So guess I'm going to get insult with injury with an ETF. I started with them last December and thought I'd finally found an ISP who "got it", but that is unfortunately not the case.
Usually if they change the terms during a contract that is an opening to get out of said contract penalty free.
Don't know when they did this as I was not aware of the change at all.

Be curious to see if this is happening all over the country or just a few places. Maybe I'll start a new thread for that one though.

EwanG

join:2005-02-18
San Antonio, TX
Here and other threads I've seen Chicago, Atlanta, Austin, and San Antonio mentioned. So if it's a "few" places it's most of the bigger ones. Of course Atlanta is also one of the "homes" of Clear which makes it even more amusing, in a sad way.

Have to wonder how much of this is related to the NYC roll-out? Maybe they got too popular?

Micmel

join:2010-04-16
Charlotte, NC
add Charlotte NC to that list on 7 towers i have tried