All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
vikdmon
join:2006-08-09
Hightstown, NJ

vikdmon

[northeast] When will Fios be available in East Windsor, NJ?

Can someone from Verizon please kindly indicate when will Verizon Fios Internet be available in East Windsor. Its been a long time and I just cannot understand what the wait is specially because i know parts of my town do have fios through other users in this forum. Pls assist as all the verizon webpage says they will contact me once it becomes available and I have been on that list for almost 3-4 years maybe longer. Thx

vztechguy
@rogers.com

vztechguy

Anon

There are many factors why you might not be able to get FiOS, and there's no way of telling for sure when it might be available to you.

1)Do you live in an apartment complex? Building management may not have negotiated with Verizon.

2)Do you live in a development controlled by a HOA? The homeowner's association board may have presented an obstacle.

3)Are your lines buried/underground utilities? Engineering/Construction may not have approved the buildout of your facilities yet.

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium Member
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely to vikdmon

Premium Member

to vikdmon
said by vikdmon:

i know parts of my town do have fios through other users in this forum.
I was just going to say that FiOS is already available in East Windsor and Hightstown when I read your post in its entirety. I'm actually surprised you can't get it yet because I know Hightstown was FiOS-ready way before West Windsor/Princeton Jct and I've had it here for almost two years.

Unfortunately, vztechguy is 100% correct and there's NOTHING you can do but wait and hope unless you have a personal contact somewhere. My friend in Twin Rivers lives in a complex and after a long wait was able to get FiOS almost a year ago. Do any of your immediate neighbors have it? Have you seen any recent Verizon activity around your street? If the answer to both those questions is "no" I would say you might have to wait a lot longer.