how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dexter1992

join:2010-07-16
Winona, MN

MSL Code Slowing Speeds

I called up Sprint and told them my modem got deactivated, and I need it reactivated, then they gave my my code. I am now having problems with speed, my speed now barely reaches 300kbps, and my upload and latency are way worse. I don't what happened. I changed my HA's back to normal, still speeds are slow. I then tried updating my profile, and it reset my modem back to defaults. Speeds are still slow, also on my Sprint account it says my plan or service has changed, I just wanted my activation code, I didn't want this crap. My signal is 5 bars -80dbm, Ev-do Rev-a. If anyone can shed some light on this it would be appreciated.

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter

So, you're modem really WAS NOT deactivated? Right?
You just wanted the MSL code to reset the device thinking it would improve your speeds?

Wrong move perhaps! I went thru the same thing, except that SPRINT had me reset the device.

My speeds got worse after the fact as well. WHAT HAPPENED is that when you RESET a device (using ##RTN#), it DOES reset to the factory default, BUT, if there is a new PRL available, it will ALSO download it as a part of the re-activation process. I wasn't convinced until I heard others that had the same PRL as I did.

I had to DIG AND DIG to find the previous PRL on the Sprint website, once I did, I replaced it with the OLDER version, and things worked better.

You can reload the PRL back into the device by using ##PRL# (finding it on the website might take some digging)..

Good luck!

said by Dexter1992:

I called up Sprint and told them my modem got deactivated, and I need it reactivated, then they gave my my code. I am now having problems with speed, my speed now barely reaches 300kbps, and my upload and latency are way worse. I don't what happened. I changed my HA's back to normal, still speeds are slow. I then tried updating my profile, and it reset my modem back to defaults. Speeds are still slow, also on my Sprint account it says my plan or service has changed, I just wanted my activation code, I didn't want this crap. My signal is 5 bars -80dbm, Ev-do Rev-a. If anyone can shed some light on this it would be appreciated.

Dexter1992

join:2010-07-16
Winona, MN

1 edit
reply to Dexter1992

Yes, I told them my 598U was deactivated even tho it was not, and I asked for the activation code. She said even if I had the code, I would not be able to activate my modem, which is dumb because on SmartView there is an option to activate your device, after 10 minutes of telling them I needed the code, they gave me my activation code. I then went into the ##DATA# menu on SmartView because I wanted to change my HA, the problem was that there was 2 profiles, the first one had a weird name with letters that don't spell anything recognizable. The second profile had a different name. The first profile is the one I changed and it was not set to 255.255.255.255, it had an HA that had a IP address that was not similar to any HA's I have seen posted on sites. So I am assuming the ones on the sites are old, because after I changed the HA to Chicago for primary and secondary to 255.255.255.255 my modem would connect, but I could not surf the web. If I was able to connect speeds were bad. I uninstall-ed SmartView and reinstalled SmartView v1.20 that is embedded in the modeom, and at first it would not connect, but then I updated my profile, and my modem got reprogrammed correctly, and now my speeds are back to normal. I think if I remember correctly Sprint has new HA's, and they work the best.