spc
uniqs

gchris2203
join:2009-10-15
Lafayette, IN

gchris2203 to JohnInSJ

to JohnInSJ

Re: Thoughts about comcast

Even using streaming HD like I myself do unless your literally sitting at your tv 10 hrs a day watching movies/shows it is still hard to break 250gb. I use netflix regularly to stream HD movies and tv shows and still dont come close to it.

JohnInSJ
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

JohnInSJ

Premium Member

said by gchris2203:

Even using streaming HD like I myself do unless your literally sitting at your tv 10 hrs a day watching movies/shows it is still hard to break 250gb. I use netflix regularly to stream HD movies and tv shows and still dont come close to it.
Yes, we have done the math before. HD streams are using up to 1GB an hour (and that's a pretty badly compressed "HD" since real HD is closer to 12GB per hour) so sure, you get 250 hours a month of HD. More or less. Or 8 hours per day. Of low quality HD. If you got Vudu, you'd actually use 25GB on average for each HD movie you rent. So you can get 10 movies a month. If you use cloud backup, you can back up one anemic 160GB drive a month...

I'm actually on your side, I just tire of the "it's all p2p illegal usage anyway" argument. It might be, but it won't be going forward. There is plenty of legal high bandwidth use out there.