how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dpavshak

join:2006-01-20
Cheswick, PA

Which AntiVirus should I use?

I have the option of using symantec endpoint protection v11 which is free from my school, which does have a firewall. My question is, would I be better off buying NIS2011? I do online banking. Thank you!

CajunTek
Insane Cajun
Premium,MVM
join:2003-08-08
Arlington, TX

said by dpavshak:

I have the option of using symantec endpoint protection v11 which is free from my school, which does have a firewall. My question is, would I be better off buying NIS2011? I do online banking. Thank you!
If it were me... it would be NIS2011, between those two. Note this is from a KAV user so YMMV
--
da Cajun Darn I hate Malware

DownTheShore
Honoring The Captain
Premium
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ
kudos:13
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to dpavshak

Looks like Symantec Endpoint does basically the same thing as Symantec Norton Internet Security. I'd try the free one and see how it works for you; why pay for the same coverage? I use NIS2011, and if Endpoint covers the same bases then you should have no problem banking online; besides, with internet banking the important thing is how secure your bank's site is, in addition to how secure your connection is.

Are we talking about a college ISP? If so, then they can block access to sites independent of whatever AV/FW you might use. I don't know how much individual control Endpoint gives the user and how much rests with the organization's IT person. Perhaps someone here can answer that.

»www.symantec.com/business/endpoi···otection

»eval.symantec.com/flashdemos/pro···tection/
--
Patriotism is not waving a flag, it is living the ideals

I want to retire to the Isle of Sodor and ride the trains.

dpavshak

join:2006-01-20
Cheswick, PA
reply to dpavshak

This software is free from my college for home and personal use. I live off campus and have verizon internet. If I were to use endpoint protection, it would be as an unmanaged client. What about microsoft security essentials?

Expand your moderator at work

StraitShoot
Who Loves Ya Baby? - Theo Kojak
Premium
join:2003-02-08
Clinton, MA
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to dpavshak

Re: Which AntiVirus should I use?

Nod32.... Period...

I run it now and it finds stuff no one else can. I considered others but NOD32 works!

It does kill my machine a tad, especially at start up.. I can't find anything better, and I look... LOL
--
I'm proud to be a troublemaker! America was founded by "troublemakers"!

Expand your moderator at work

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to dpavshak