spc
Search similar:

uniqs

MiCLuS
@knology.net

MiCLuS

Anon

DOCSIS 3.0 in Panama City

Hi. I wrote the Panama City marketing director about DOCSIS 3.0 in Panama City. Here is his response:

Should be sometime in Oct...

Al McCambry
General Manager
Knology of Panama City, FL
Work (850) 215-4842
Cell (850) 625-5037
Fax (850) 215-5800

BiGdUsTy
join:2005-10-20
Panama City Beach, FL

BiGdUsTy

MiCLuS
@knology.net

MiCLuS

Anon

Hi, Dusty. Do they already have it on the beach?
MiCLuS

MiCLuS

Anon

Or, maybe I should say, how do you get speeds up to 50? I can only go up to 8.5 or so?

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
join:2001-12-28
Panama City, FL

goober22 to MiCLuS

to MiCLuS
said by MiCLuS :

Hi, Dusty. Do they already have it on the beach?
Yes, the beaches already are getting the upgrade. We "poor" folks on the city side are still waiting. However, they did bring a new D3 CMTS online last week on the city side (getting ARP flood like crazy on the modem now). Hopefully (this/next week) we'll see them fire up the D3 speeds.

and....

neener, neener to you Dusty!

My2cents
@knology.net

My2cents to MiCLuS

Anon

to MiCLuS
Isn't clear that something is in the works and has been for a while......... Have any of you ever upgraded a network in your office or business? It's not cheap or quick

This seems to have started Sometime in July/August ........

Read here: »PCB DOCSIS 3 Channel Bonding Active!

You should thank him, he may have been the reason thing are going as fast as the have in PC.

He is feeding you some speeds so you can see that they are doing something. But you take it as a brag...... He has been here informing you from the beginning.

Chill before you get someone lynched.......... Believe me I bet they are hearing you........

I'm also a customer in PC and have been waiting for the faster speeds and as soon as I saw the post above I knew something was coming, I have been through a lot of network upgrades and this is very common.

So chill and keep an eye on the posts...... You'll know when it is here. I sure it will be soon from the way it looks.

My2cents

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
Panama City, FL

goober22

@My2cents,

Maybe you have not been around for awhile but no one here is bashing Dusty. In fact, most of us poke fun at him in a good-natured way since he finally got his issues resolved. We know the issues he's had over the past few months with speeds.

The beach and the city are different setups and it seems the beach was upgraded first. Most people would think ALL pf PC is one large system that would be upgraded all at once. It was posted that a new CMTS went online on the beach shortly before they turned up the speeds out there. This was noted by all the ARP traffic. Now we on the city side are seeing the ARP traffic so it seems a good indicator that the new speeds are not far off.

Yes we understand it takes awhile to install equipment.

I think you need to chill (your words) and read a few more posts to understand the forum comradery better.

My2cents
@knology.net

My2cents to MiCLuS

Anon

to MiCLuS
First let me apologize....... I meant no disrespect to this thread nor to the comradery of this group of people......

I have been around reading posts for a while but this is the first time I have seen the GM name and phone number posted in a topic. I'm sure he doesn't know that it is there and was the person I was referring to be lynched. Sorry for the mislead.

You guys have done a great job informing people like me that don't post.

I get frustrated, like you guys, at the lack of attention paid to the speeds but I understand that it takes time to get things done!!!!

I know they read this forum too, They would be stupid not to. Where else are they going to get feedback that they don't have to explain themselves.

Keep up the good work guys. Maybe a GHz will be next......LOL

My2cents

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
Panama City, FL

goober22

Okay, understood.

But let me expand a bit. I have, and I believe Dusty has as well, contacted Knology here in PC on several occasions to document our issues during the past.

I have written several letters to the local office documenting the data and giving links to these threads so they can follow them and see all our results. I've also received telephone calls and emails back from Al McCambry as well as Steve Thomas the Operations Manager.

So it's not so much "complaining" as it is a way to document the issues and have the local office be able to see our data.

BiGdUsTy
Panama City Beach, FL

BiGdUsTy to MiCLuS

to MiCLuS

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
Panama City, FL

goober22

No "fast" love yet. Still, good speed at the current levels.

inPC
@knology.net

inPC to MiCLuS

Anon

to MiCLuS
Been on "Edge" for almost a month. Definitely better than standard speed. Can't wait for DOCSIS3.

(Best ping I've gotten)

BiGdUsTy
Panama City Beach, FL

BiGdUsTy to MiCLuS

to MiCLuS

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
Panama City, FL

goober22

Awwww, rub it in, rub it in!

Still solid base speeds in the city, just no D3 love yet.

Mike1825
@knology.net

Mike1825 to BiGdUsTy

Anon

to BiGdUsTy
When did you get upgraded to 3.0? Did you have to reboot your modem and router or did you just notice the speeds?

BiGdUsTy
Panama City Beach, FL

BiGdUsTy to MiCLuS

to MiCLuS
Couple or random reboots to see if channel bonding was active next thing I know the fire hose is turned on.
BiGdUsTy

BiGdUsTy to MiCLuS

to MiCLuS

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
Panama City, FL

goober22

Just rebooted and checked, still old speeds in the city.

Maybe when they said Oct. for PC they meant Oct. 31st! Only 7 days left.

Still good advertised speeds though.

Mike1825
@knology.net

Mike1825

Anon

I just talked to a tech today and he said the it will go live in the middle of November for Panama City.

BiGdUsTy
Panama City Beach, FL

BiGdUsTy to MiCLuS

to MiCLuS
fletch259
join:2004-01-24
Panama City, FL

fletch259 to Mike1825

to Mike1825
FWIW, talked to a tech in online chat and they said November 9th

Mike1825
@knology.net

Mike1825

Anon

I hope so, I have been told many different days. When I first signed up they told me in June or July of this year!

BiGdUsTy
Panama City Beach, FL

BiGdUsTy

Mike1825
@knology.net

Mike1825

Anon

Dusty,

Does everybody on the beach have those speeds or are you just lucky?

BiGdUsTy
Panama City Beach, FL

BiGdUsTy to MiCLuS

to MiCLuS
Happy Havoc posted over here »PCB DOCSIS 3 Channel Bonding Active! that he also had faster speeds.

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
Panama City, FL

goober22 to Mike1825

to Mike1825
But...

pteargryphon posted that he's on the beach and did not have them. Not sure what that means.

»Re: PCB DOCSIS 3 Channel Bonding Active!

»Re: PCB DOCSIS 3 Channel Bonding Active!

MiCLuS
@knology.net

MiCLuS

Anon

Finally, it's here in Callaway!

zpm
join:2009-03-23
Columbus, GA

zpm to MiCLuS

to MiCLuS
where?

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
Panama City, FL

3 edits

goober22 to MiCLuS

to MiCLuS
I have it now as well. Cedar Grove area near 15th/Sherman. Moto SB5100. Not quite up to 12/3 but close.

Tried a 2nd, longer power cycle. Results:

Also, tried usenet. averaged 9.2Mbps/1.2MBps. Hit a high of 12.3Mbps/1.5MBps and a low of 6.6Mbps using 4 connections. I hit the high while running youtube videos as well.

MiCLuS
@knology.net

MiCLuS

Anon

What is it supposed to be for Edge? I only get 3mbps for upload, 24 for download.