Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI

[ PvE] What would you do if....

What would you do if you had a full set of toons all above 60, but a new class came about? Would you delete one? I am having a hard time deciding what to do here. My lowest 3 toons area Mage/Warrior/Priest. If you had those 3 to choose from and were Alliance, what would you do?

Zyncotl
Zed X
Premium
join:2002-09-13
Wayne, MI

1 edit
I would assume if a new class was created then an additional slot would be made available. Is it coincidence that there are 10 classes and 10 slots per server?

Assuming they didn't allow an additional slot:

I would try the class out on a different server. If I liked it I would delete my least favorite character on my main server.

Of those three:
I would delete the mage. It's just a warlock in sheeps clothing.

--
I'd take the time to insult your intelligence, but you probably wouldn't get it.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
reply to Ginjer
if you are in a good-but-small guild, I'd drop the one that the guild is overpopulated with. don't delete a character that might be needed by your guild.
--
Immergruen (resto/boomkin) on Emerald Dream Server (US)

Powers

join:2010-09-30
Myersville, MD
reply to Ginjer
Could always switch the one you don't need/use to a different server (if aviliable for free to a low pop server). Then if you do want to lvl that toon one day your could always switch it back.

Hrothgordo

join:2010-02-03
Beverly, MA
Powers hit the nail on the head.

Transfer is the answer unless you are at the maximum account total. At that point though this decision is the least of your problems (and your family needs to stage an intervention on your WoW addiction).

I am facing this to a degree, as I am facing this decision in regards to Worgen.

I like to see the starting zones and being heavily tied to both my guild and my server I don't really want to start the Worgen on another server.

jofos

join:2008-02-14
Irvington, AL
reply to Ginjer
You could always start another account and have 10 more slots per server.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
reply to Ginjer
I would delete all my Alliance characters

I would find a life outside of WoW

--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

jofos

join:2008-02-14
Irvington, AL
said by Voxxjin:

I would delete all my Alliance characters

I would find a life outside of WoW

I have actually been thinking of deleting all my toons and getting out of wow for good.

Blockfire
Sarcasm is my native tongue

join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T DSL Service
reply to Zyncotl
said by Zyncotl:

I SEE WHAT U DID THER

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
reply to Ginjer
Start a DK on a new server and use it to fund the new toon. As I have that issue, on two servers. Blizzard needs to either add more toon slots or come up with some other solution.

I've got the Complete Set. When WotLK came out I transferred a level 61 warlock to my son to open up a slot for the Death Knight.
--
When will the people realize that with DRM they aren't purchasing anything?

e001mek
Mekkaku

join:2010-02-09
reply to Ginjer
said by Ginjer:

What would you do if you had a full set of toons all above 60, but a new class came about? Would you delete one? I am having a hard time deciding what to do here. My lowest 3 toons area Mage/Warrior/Priest. If you had those 3 to choose from and were Alliance, what would you do?
delete ALL ALLIANCE. and make a horde mage. i dun give a DAMN bout no new class. unless its a jedi, bounty hunter, Cyborg, or Warmachine, i dont reroll =P

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
reply to Ginjer
My DK is my favorite and I think a Worgen DK would be the bomb. Maybe I will get rid of the Rogue or Mage. Anyone know which classes a Worgen can be off the top of their head? I can't look at any good site due to firewall.

e001mek
Mekkaku

said by Ginjer:

My DK is my favorite and I think a Worgen DK would be the bomb. Maybe I will get rid of the Rogue or Mage. Anyone know which classes a Worgen can be off the top of their head? I can't look at any good site due to firewall.
warrior and hunter? shaman probably. druid i dont see why not, but then again why hide werewolf form for some bear?

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
reply to Ginjer
I think a Worgen Hunter would be cool. It just sucks that the only characters I would want to rid myself of and start over would be the Rogue/Priest/Mage. Maybe a Rogue Worgen I suppose? It sucks because my rogue is at 70. /sigh

e001mek
Mekkaku

said by Ginjer:

I think a Worgen Hunter would be cool. It just sucks that the only characters I would want to rid myself of and start over would be the Rogue/Priest/Mage. Maybe a Rogue Worgen I suppose? It sucks because my rogue is at 70. /sigh
how many 80s you have?

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
reply to Ginjer
7 (DK, Druid, Warrior, Paladin, Lock, Hunter, Shaman)

e001mek
Mekkaku

said by Ginjer:

7 (DK, Druid, Warrior, Paladin, Lock, Hunter, Shaman)
all but the good one. and priest.

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
reply to Ginjer
I leveled up to 59 on my priest thus far. Trying to determine whether I want to go Shadow or stay Disc for leveling. Either way I run out of mana fast and I hate that. Any tips?

Zyncotl
Zed X
Premium
Wayne, MI
Stay shadow for leveling. Dual spec if you want for disc healing in instances if you want quicker queues and ease of access. Disc / Shadow share the same stat priority for the most part so it will work out better than shadow/holy.

Bring a lot of water, but once you get your shadowfiend it gets a lot better. I also HIGHLY recommend being an alchemist. At 65 you can get your endless mana pot which is a HUGE help in the removal of downtime.
--
I'd take the time to insult your intelligence, but you probably wouldn't get it.

Redawg81
T3h N3wb

join:2001-08-04
Jacksonville, FL
kudos:2
reply to Zyncotl
said by Zyncotl:

I call troll but while we are on the subject

Warlocks are former arcanists, or in the case of the orcs, former shamans, who, in pursuit of ever-greater sources of power, have cast off their studies of the arcane or nature magics to delve deeper into the darker, fel-based magic of shadow.

Hrmm what class has a tree in Arcane?

nuff sd.

R3d
--
Why can't I decide why my feelings I hide? Always screwing with my mind, a thorn in my spine. Oh sure, it feels fine, wasting all our time. In the back of my mind, a thorn in my spine.We are the Children Of the KoRn.

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
reply to Ginjer
It is such a hard decision, but I will have to make it in the upcoming months I suppose. I will have to get bags, gold, and mats ready for whatever professions I plan on using for said toon. I may roll a Worgen Hunter. That way I can still get cool pets, work on my ENG / MIN again. I think it will kick but for PvP and PvE.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Ginjer:

It is such a hard decision, but I will have to make it in the upcoming months I suppose. I will have to get bags, gold, and mats ready for whatever professions I plan on using for said toon. I may roll a Worgen Hunter. That way I can still get cool pets, work on my ENG / MIN again. I think it will kick but for PvP and PvE.
worgen with a wolf pet... "I will call him... mini me"
--
Immergruen (resto/boomkin) on Emerald Dream Server (US)

Draakas
My YOLO has so much SWAG

join:2010-02-19
reply to Ginjer
said by Ginjer:

I leveled up to 59 on my priest thus far. Trying to determine whether I want to go Shadow or stay Disc for leveling. Either way I run out of mana fast and I hate that. Any tips?
I hate that too! Im lvl 34 on my priest. I went heals from 14-31 i had no prob healing dungeons. PvP healing was hard though. i had some mana issues there but not many. But with fricken Shadow Dps i go through my whole mana just taking down 1 guy. my dots are mana expensive as hell. With my BoA i kill stuff faster but without it i had more mana.

With BoA
1.4k HP 2.3k Mana

With-OUT BoA
900HP 2.6kMana

with the fortitude i had like 1.1k hp and 2.6k mana at lvl 30 but im lvl 34 right now and i think i might switch to disc healing until a higher lvl

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
reply to Ginjer
If I had a full set of all the classes, and a new class came about, they'd give us another slot. If not, then probably my rogue. I've got warrior/DK/shaman with dual-spec for all my dual-wielding needs. He may have been my original toon, but he was the last of my 70s to get to 80, and i think I leveled the DK to 80, then a paladin and maybe the mage 1-80 before I finished him off.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

Draakas
My YOLO has so much SWAG

join:2010-02-19
reply to Ginjer
Ok delete ur DK and make him on another server. its only 25 lvls to 80 or transfer him to a different server.

but i would delete the Mage

e001mek
Mekkaku

reply to Redawg81
said by Redawg81:

said by Zyncotl:

I call troll but while we are on the subject

Warlocks are former arcanists, or in the case of the orcs, former shamans, who, in pursuit of ever-greater sources of power, have cast off their studies of the arcane or nature magics to delve deeper into the darker, fel-based magic of shadow.

Hrmm what class has a tree in Arcane?

nuff sd.

R3d
M4g3 pr1d3! =D

Zyncotl
Zed X
Premium
Wayne, MI
reply to Redawg81
said by Redawg81:

said by Zyncotl:

I call troll but while we are on the subject .. Hrmm what class has a tree in Arcane?
It was a pun. :/
--

e001mek
Mekkaku

said by Zyncotl:

said by Redawg81:

said by Zyncotl:

I call troll but while we are on the subject .. Hrmm what class has a tree in Arcane?
It was a pun. :/
so is a gnome.

ksharp25

join:2010-09-24
Middletown, PA
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
reply to Ginjer
As to the question on what class can a Worgen be...maybe I am wrong, but I thought that is no longer a valid question? Maybe I am confused, but I understood the race/class changes of 4.0.1 and Cataclysm as being any race can be any of the 10 classes post patch. Not true?

PuffTMD

join:2010-02-05
Escondido, CA
reply to Ginjer
I think that was in the same blue post that said they'd allow an instant lv80 when you log in.