spc
Search similar:

uniqs

jimbo48
join:2000-11-17
Asheville, NC

jimbo48

Someday I might get Premium Data Service

I'm still waiting to get the 20.00 a month additional for "premium Data Service" that I getting charged fro by Sprint. You activate an HTC EVO automatically you are charged an additional 10.00 a month for "premium data"
$g capability is being rolled out to locations that will not place a load on the Sprint infrastructure while the rest of the people who are paying for this service and not able to enjoy it fume!!
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

Re: Someday I might get Premium Data Service

Call Account Services and see what they say about giving you the credit back. They have the power to do that.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2

Premium Member

said by hottboiinnc4:

Call Account Services and see what they say about giving you the credit back. They have the power to do that.
Why in the world would they credit him back? If he has an EVO, that's a 4G phone and the 4G data fee is automatic, to the phone. If he doesn't LIVE in a 4G area, that's not a reason to not be charged.. suppose he travels into the 4G area, should he get the 4G service?

I don't think they should sell the EVO or other so-called 4G phones in areas where 4G isn't out, but, it's still the "OPTION" of the consumer to buy them and no one is forcing them.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32

Premium Member

I agree with half your post. If Sprint charges the Premium Data Fee on 4G capable phones, it should be blanket. Either pay the fee or get a different phone, it's that simple. I live in a 3G area and have no problem with the fee. And the traveling thing is a real valid point. I live in outside of Buffalo, with no 4G in sight. I'm in Rochester a few days a week for work and travel there on the weekends sometimes. How fair would it be to Sprint and fellow 4G subscribers if I didn't pay the Premium Data Fee since my service address does not get 4G, but I consume large amounts of 4G data one market over?

However, I disagree that the phones should only be sold in 4G markets. Kind of retarded. There's much more to the Evo then 4G. Even though I’m not getting 11Mb Downstream here in Buffalo, I still love my Evo and the awesome network it’s on.

Bob235235
@cox.net

Bob235235

Anon

Then Sprint needs to do the following:
1) Allow non-Sprint phones onto their network
2) Discount premium plans and disable 4g connectivity to the device

Unless I want to purchase a phone from 2008, something slow and clunky, I have to get a 4g compatible device if I am using Sprint.

4g Isn't going to be deployed in my area for likely another 2 years. However, if I want to have a decent phone with GPS I will be forced to purchase a 4g compatible phone since Sprint's selection is so thin.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

1 edit

fiberguy2

Premium Member

What is considered "decent" is one man's opinion. However, that's what separates the carriers. Maybe if you want that better phone, you should go to Verizon and get one.

So far, Sprint has, what, 2 4G phones?

Me things you're a little high on the dramatics here. You're trying to bastardize Sprint for upgrading their network, mostly with the "Then Spring needs to allow non-Sprint phones onto their network" statement.. which, in all reality, is an entitlement statement. You have a choice not to do business with them too you know which many people chose to do..
fiberguy2

fiberguy2 to Happydude32

Premium Member

to Happydude32
All I said was that I don't think they SHOULD sell them in the markets un-served.. however, like you said, you're a market over.

When 4G data first came out, you couldn't buy the data cards except in person in the markets served. They did that so people wouldn't buy cards, pay no attention, and be pissed when there was no 4G service. But, there is enough penetration now that 4G phones should have no problem being sold all over.

There's a balance between managing the lessor of two evils. Either the company is a bastard for selling, and charging for a service, in a market where it's not available AND forcing the customer to pay for something they can't get in their home area... AND the customer who IS being told "you can buy this phone, but you will be charged for 4G data, even if the 4G network isn't available in your area"..

That's why I generally side with the 'don't sell them in areas where there is generally no coverage'... if people buy them on line, still, then the customer can be forced to confirm they realize 4G isn't available in their home market and will still pay the additional service rate"...

you're constantly balancing many crowds all complaining they were, were not told, or some other story.