Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium Member
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD

1 edit

newview

Premium Member

I stopped checking Comcast email

I stopped checking my Comcast email a long time ago because Comcast keeps insisting on sending me spam about the latest, greatest "thing" they are trying to sell me on . . . even though my email preferences are set to NOT receive their marketing emails. Their Marketing Department labels EVERYTHING "service and account related" even when it's obviously an attempt to get you to BUY something.

Email Preferences:
quote:
I do not want to receive emails from Comcast or its partners containing offers or promotions related to Comcast and XFINITY TV, Internet and voice services. (Please note, you will continue to receive emails related to your services and account even if you opt-out of other emails.)
I have a feeling that a LOT of subscribers have done the exact same thing I have, since Comcast's Marketing Department seems to think your email account belongs to them, and they never check their Comcast email. I foresee a lot of subscriber's first clue about this new Constant Guard Bot Detection is going to be in the form of the Browser Alert.

Basically, Comcast has eroded the trust of their email recipients by constantly sending their spamvertisements to the point of subscribers ignoring any communication form Comcast. You reap what you sow.

Don't get me wrong, by and large I think this bot detection program is a "good thing" but Comcast is going to have to get the word out by different means other than email since they've destroyed that relationship for a lot a people.
axus
join:2001-06-18
Washington, DC

axus

Yes, I never check my Verizon mail. They have my gmail account, and have treated it very responsibly. I only get billing notifications and actual important service related emails. But, I've never checked my verizon.net account to know what they send their.

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium Member
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD

newview

Premium Member

said by axus:

Yes, I never check my Verizon mail. They have my gmail account, and have treated it very responsibly. I only get billing notifications and actual important service related emails. But, I've never checked my verizon.net account to know what they send their.
I'm glad to hear that at least one mega-ISP understands what "No Marketing Emails" means. But I would hesitate to give Comcast an additional email address to contact me, even if it were possible, simple because I do not trust the Comcast Marketing Department to NOT abuse it, as they have done in the past with my actual @comcast.net addresses.