Search similar:

uniqs

some dude
@tmodns.net

2 recommendations

some dude

Anon

Tmo is already faster

I usually get 6-7 meg dl speeds wireless tethering my T-Mo GalaxyS Vibrant right now.
It's only HSDPA (although I am in a HSPA+ area).

No other carrier can touch that....they aren't even close.
In fact, my connection is too fast for it to work here at dslreports....it tells me to select a larger file size when I have chosen the largest available (you guys wanna fix that ?) then it says my connection is too fast to measure accurately.

T-Mo doesn't need to even bother....it's the other guys that need to play catch up.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by some dude :

In fact, my connection is too fast for it to work here at dslreports....it tells me to select a larger file size when I have chosen the largest available (you guys wanna fix that ?) then it says my connection is too fast to measure accurately.
Instead of using this test:
»/mspeed

use this BBR test:
»i.dslr.net/iphone_speedtest.html
it works on any smartphone browser, not just iphones. Choose the 3g or wifi options

Dest
Bolo
Premium Member
join:2000-03-21
Naperville, IL

Dest to some dude

Premium Member

to some dude
there's been rumor speedtest floating around about Verizon LTE reaching over 25+ mbps in speed test, of course these are pre-deployment result and not yet confirmed
xenophon
join:2007-09-17

xenophon

Some on the Clear forum have posted up to 25Mbps for WiMAX. I typically get 10-15Mbps on my fixed Clear modem and 6-10Mbps on my EVO phone in same spot (so the phone is the bottleneck, not the service).

It all just depends on the implementation and the conditions. You need lots of backhaul, spectrum and enough sites to deliver the higher speeds. We can talk 40Mbps+ all day long but if Tmob doesn't deliver the backhaul, that 40M is just marketing gibberish. And do they have enough spectrum to even deliver it to a couple users at once?

morbo
Complete Your Transaction
join:2002-01-22

morbo to some dude

to some dude
I had the same experience with T-Mobile and dslreports speed test "issue".
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4 to FFH5

to FFH5
the DSLR speedtest SUCKS! it NEVER gives you the correct answer.

sapo
Cruising Down Memory Lane
Premium Member
join:2002-09-16
Sacramento, CA

sapo

Premium Member

Lies.
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4 to morbo

to morbo
the issue just isn't on the phone test its even on the actual computer test as well. it's like doing a cable speedtest on VZ's speedtest. of course it will be flawed to show that VZ's product is faster.
hottboiinnc4

hottboiinnc4 to sapo

to sapo
sure. must have been talking to others that rely in it as well eh?