spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Goodmongo
@167.6.247.x

Goodmongo

Anon

The Death of the Cat

Come patch all feral kitties will be no more. The class is broken plain and simple. DPS has been cut in HALF. Now I know Blizz will most likely make changes as this is just terrible right now. However, I don't think there will be any feral kitties raiding till they do.

So for the dual spec I guess it will be bear (which is still decent, not great but decent) and boomkin. Feral healing is almost as bad as kitty dps right now.

On many sites myself and others complained and we were always told it's just beat and that they will get to it. And more then once the blue posts said that in the near future they will be reviewing it. All of that proved to be BS. There is not another class that got a 50% nerf to dps. Such a shame.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Beta?

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

bTU to Goodmongo

to Goodmongo
From what I've read a lot of specs are broken right now on both beta and PTR. Ret pallies are almost squishy and hit like a dust bunny, resto shammies and druids are going oom on boss fights, pholy priests can't figure out what spell to use and when (or even why sometimes) and the list goes on. Biggest thing is that it's a complete redo of abilities and mechanics and there will be a learning curve for both players and Blizz.

Zyncotl
Zed X
Premium Member
join:2002-09-13
Wayne, MI

Zyncotl to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
PTR.

When 4.0 hits cat dps is getting it up the ass. Mongo is correct in saying the reports are coming in that damage from cats is about 50% of what it used to be.
Furbles
join:2009-04-23
Independence, MO

Furbles

said by Zyncotl:

PTR.

When 4.0 hits cat dps is getting it up the ass. Mongo is correct in saying the reports are coming in that damage from cats is about 50% of what it used to be.
Hell add my healing to that as a resto shaman my healing is down 40% or so with them nerfing some of our healing spells and current gear. =( Will have to figure out what kind of healing priorities I want to use.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9 to bTU

Premium Member

to bTU
Lol.

I'm sick and tired of scrub shammies crying.

Awfuls.
djlar

djlar to Goodmongo

to Goodmongo
Play a rogue and sit down and cry how the top dpsers right now get hammered to oblivion

.. /thread

Goodmongo
@167.6.247.x

Goodmongo to Exodus

Anon

to Exodus
These results are from both Cata beta and the PTR for the upcomming patch. In the PTR for the patch feral kitties are doing half their damage against test dummies as they did on live with many just reporting 4k DPS.
djlar

djlar

I was able to full regem and reforge my gear, gained about 2K dps.. just now about 3K dps more to go..

Useless stuff for single target like blade flurry CD reduction, improve kick and improved throw makes me cry a bit me.

Look everybody I can hit 2 targets a lot, let's see how patchwer/Saurfang/Festergut go..

Phantasee
join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA

Phantasee to Goodmongo

to Goodmongo
I blame Arena. (and Mudkipz)

Omega
Premium Member
join:2002-07-30
Golden, CO

Omega to Goodmongo

Premium Member

to Goodmongo
I've never liked DPS druids. From my experience, leveling up in the dungeon finder, they were always low DPS, but awesome tanks.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9

Premium Member

Depends on who you get.

TheFerret
The Chesse Stands Alone
Premium Member
join:2003-12-24
East York, ON

TheFerret to Omega

Premium Member

to Omega
I think they were low because they could not AoE, well at least kitties cannot.

Phantasee
join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA

Phantasee to Goodmongo

to Goodmongo
I am sure most of these issues will be sorted out, then broke again, then resorted, then broke....LALALALALA

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

bTU to Goodmongo

to Goodmongo
Also, I remember hunters complaining when LK content patch hit and the DPS went down dramatically, took Blizz a while but they finally got it back to respectable.
blackthought
join:2010-04-08
Phoenix, AZ

blackthought to Goodmongo

to Goodmongo
Wow Player: This game is cake, there is no challenge blizzard you suck

Blizzard: Ok HERE, we've changed everything have fun re-learning

Wow player: QQ, QQ, QQ

?

Take it for what it's worth, A NEW GAME EXPERIENCE.

I'm looking forward to having to relearn priorities and rotations and such.

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs to Goodmongo

Premium Member

to Goodmongo
Ok, so everyone says the sky is falling. Right now damage is not where it needs to be on kitties, the nice thing is that through the new talent tree, kitties are not broken. Damage is down, down real low, but thankfully numbers and coefficients are the easiest things for blizz to fix. I would sit back and wait before predicting all is at an end.

Unfortunately, and ironically, what Goodmongo said about bears and boomkins is correct for me, not because of kitty dps, but because one of our guild MTs is going shadow priest and I will bump to MT. I absolutely hate having to keep two sets of the same gear due to different gems/enchants I will prolly make boomkin my alt spec for BGs. Also, with the new talent trees, bears can still play as kitty and do decent as the only talent differences will be the 25% additional damage to FB, and possibly the feast of flesh (new name). So we can still pull out some damage (considering Blizz fixes this before release) when not tanking.

guyver01
In Brightest Day
join:2001-01-04
Littleton, CO

guyver01 to Goodmongo

to Goodmongo
So... instead of omgpewpewlazers ... you now have to relearn to play your class?

cry me a river.

Time
Premium Member
join:2003-07-05
Irvine, CA

Time to Goodmongo

Premium Member

to Goodmongo
It's beta, the majority of class "balance" isn't even close to completion.

Draakas
My YOLO has so much SWAG
join:2010-02-19

Draakas to Goodmongo

to Goodmongo
arent they taking away stunlocks from rogues?!?!

Melleen
Premium Member
join:2006-11-20

Melleen to JB9

Premium Member

to JB9
said by JB9:

Lol.

I'm sick and tired of scrub shammies crying.

Awfuls.
+1

Healing is harder, but not impossible, if you know what you are doing.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Draakas

Premium Member

to Draakas
said by Draakas:

OMGZ NO AWFULZ!

Suniojii
join:2009-10-31
Lakeside, CA

Suniojii

said by Krisnatharok:

said by Draakas:

OMGZ NO AWFULZ!
UGH, and to think that I just spent 100 gold at the Rogue Trainer learning Stunlock!!!???

Treebark
Premium Member
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC

Treebark to guyver01

Premium Member

to guyver01
Uhmm, I think he said CAT was dead, nothing about boom chicken beeing broke.

Melleen
Premium Member
join:2006-11-20

Melleen

Premium Member

said by Treebark:

Uhmm, I think he said CAT was dead, nothing about boom chicken beeing broke.
No, he is basing his "assumptions" on beta and/or test.

stonhinge
Premium Member
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

stonhinge to Goodmongo

Premium Member

to Goodmongo
Also keep in mind that everything is designed towards what abilities you'll have when you're 85, as well as the extra talent points. 4.0 patch is basically what you'll be like at the beginning of Cataclysm, when you have 5 levels left to go. Same thing happened for 2.0 and 3.0 patch, simply to a lesser extent. Although pallies have gotten broadsided almost every time, previous pre-expansion patches were simply wandering into traffic, while 4.0 is more dancing naked on the freeway in front of a couple of semis.

Zyncotl
Zed X
Premium Member
join:2002-09-13
Wayne, MI

Zyncotl to Time

Premium Member

to Time
said by Time:

It's beta, the majority of class "balance" isn't even close to completion.
It's coming in Patch 4.0
Zyncotl

Zyncotl to stonhinge

Premium Member

to stonhinge
said by stonhinge:

Also keep in mind that everything is designed towards what abilities you'll have when you're 85, as well as the extra talent points. 4.0 patch is basically what you'll be like at the beginning of Cataclysm, when you have 5 levels left to go. Same thing happened for 2.0 and 3.0 patch, simply to a lesser extent. Although pallies have gotten broadsided almost every time, previous pre-expansion patches were simply wandering into traffic, while 4.0 is more dancing naked on the freeway in front of a couple of semis.
Uhm, wrong. They are going to "break" the kitty spec and will eventually fix it. It's still okay for those that are MS kitties to complain that their damage is getting raped. The devs attempt to balance the game at all levels. It will get sorted out, eventually but it has nothing to do with "Balancing the game at 85".

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs to stonhinge

Premium Member

to stonhinge
This isn't completely true. They will not tune damage levels prior to 85 like they would level cap, but they will still tune them. The problem is that at level cap 85 on beta in mostly 333 gear, my kitty puts out less dps than my current kitty, which is significantly less than other dps classes. Again, Blizz is still making passes on all classes, and first thing is to get all the new mechanics put into place and working correctly.

The only thing that I am seeing that makes a difference now, is (last I looked) that there aren't any talents to reduce the energy cost of shred. (going verify current energy costs). Everything else is just a coefficient adjustment. Plus the Blood in the Water talent (formerly Nom Nom Nom) will be absolutely amazing once the numbers are fixed.

Quick note: the 264 idol of the crying moon turns into a craptastic stat stick as soon as the new stat changes take effect.

Goodmongo
@167.6.247.x

Goodmongo to guyver01

Anon

to guyver01
said by guyver01:

So... instead of omgpewpewlazers ... you now have to relearn to play your class?

cry me a river.

It's not relearning to play my class. Even over at EJ it is plain and clear that the numbers just aren't there. I know that Blizz will eventually reset the numbers and balance them. But for right now when the patch hits ICC is out for any kitties.

That same feral druid cat that did 14K dps on Saur or Fester will be lucky to hit 5 or 6K dps. So why in the world would a raid leader even take him?

But then again I think every melee DPS got nerfed so ICC will be out for most of them also.