spc
Search similar:

uniqs
wingman99
join:2003-12-18
Opelika, AL

wingman99

Does VM do traffic shaping on sprint network

Just wondering if sprint has priority over VM and it's a faster speed.

I don't know how all this works, my signal is strong and vary strong what speeds should i receive.

Also i cant stream you tube or hulu
kevnich24
join:2006-04-19
Mulberry, FL

kevnich24

I have tried both sprint and VM simultaniously and both had the same speeds and latency. I believe the towers give priority on a first in, first out premise. As far as streaming- I successfully streamed a constant 10 min of netflix instand and youtube with no hiccups.

Though I do NOT condone regular video streaming on a mobile broadband card. I think it is selfish to do as others on the same tower will have issues with simple browsing as a result.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

said by kevnich24:

I have tried both sprint and VM simultaniously and both had the same speeds and latency. I believe the towers give priority on a first in, first out premise. As far as streaming- I successfully streamed a constant 10 min of netflix instand and youtube with no hiccups.

Though I do NOT condone regular video streaming on a mobile broadband card. I think it is selfish to do as others on the same tower will have issues with simple browsing as a result.
A very commendable belief. I feel the same way as I had some hogs on my tower. Too bad the me generation doesn't consider others when they are hog attacking the towers.

dondude
join:2005-09-15
Lehigh Acres, FL

dondude

said by Jack_in_VA:

said by kevnich24:

A very commendable belief. I feel the same way as I had some hogs on my tower. Too bad the me generation doesn't consider others when they are hog attacking the towers.
Jack when you gonna try Virgin Mobile? I cancelled my millenicom account, worst case i sign back up with my tail between my legs. Lol

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

I don't think I will. I don't use that much and have the grandfathered Sprint unlimited and just want a stable connection. I have both Sprint and Verizon. I had Sprint first and it was fine until I acquired some real big time hogs. They seem to be gone now so I don't know which one to keep.