This is a sub-selection from Open can of worms

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3
reply to jjoshua

Re: Open can of worms

You guys all crack me up... and BBR really needs to get it's collective minds together...

At some points in history, it's the ISPs responsibility to stop Virus attacks and stop being the conduits that spread them... many people have LONG said that the ISP should disconnect those people spreading worms, etc... now that there is an ISP stepping up to INFORM people that their computers are in fact compromised, it's "hands off my computer"..

Sorry, and to be honest, I'm all for an ISP actually BLOCKING and BOOTING users who have infected, compromised, or otherwise healthy computers from THEIR network.

The lack of ability for some people to keep their computers protected should not be my problem in defending myself FROM them.

bsoft

join:2004-03-28
Boulder, CO

Actually, my one complaint with Comcast's new approach is that it doesn't go far enough.

Set docsDevResetNow on your CM and then push a walled garden config once it reboots. The walled garden can tell you why you were disconnected and provide Comcast's AV software for download.

I know that this is "inconvenient", but if you are a part of a botnet your connection needs to be disconnected NOW, not allowed to continue DDOSing/spamming/etc.

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3

said by bsoft:

I know that this is "inconvenient", but if you are a part of a botnet your connection needs to be disconnected NOW, not allowed to continue DDOSing/spamming/etc.
BING-O!