jjoshua
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Scotch Plains, NJ

jjoshua to tubbynet

Premium Member

to tubbynet

Re: Open can of worms

This part of the discussion got a little bit off topic. However, I think that I was correct when I suggested that comcast COULD build a network where one user's lack of security wouldn't affect other users.

It might require additional technology and resources but it could be done. Thanks for helping me to make my point.

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
MVM
join:2008-01-16
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet

MVM

said by jjoshua:

This part of the discussion got a little bit off topic. However, I think that I was correct when I suggested that comcast COULD build a network where one user's lack of security wouldn't affect other users.
you seem to think that comcast operates in a vacuum. this is not the case. what you are suggesting would take a huge cooperative effort between a large number of carriers and providers. even then -- it would not be foolproof and there are many other issues that plague a carrier that would cause something like this to be an issue. in my mind -- you are making a huge deal over something comcast is trying to handle with this system. however, if every problem begins to look like a nail....

q.
« Remote Remove
This is a sub-selection from Open can of worms