Search similar:

uniqs
nysports4evr
Premium Member
join:2010-01-23

nysports4evr

Premium Member

Monthly cost of a regular HD STB?

Comcast's site is hard to get information out of....

How much can I expect to pay extra per month for a regular HD STB in a room that currently has no box at all?
wdsnls
join:2003-06-19
Palm City, FL

wdsnls

$14.90 ($6.95 for the the additional digital outlet and $7.95 for the HD service).
nysports4evr
Premium Member

nysports4evr

Premium Member

Ouch...
nysports4evr

nysports4evr

Premium Member

Is it just me or does the "additional digital outlet" seem like a complete ripoff? Why pay for something that's already there, it's not like they have to do anything to actually "enable" the outlet. The signal's there no matter what. Charge me for the box, that's fine, but I don't get why they charge for something that's always there anyway.

/rant
lynxexp
join:2010-08-17

lynxexp to nysports4evr

to nysports4evr
It's 9.25 in my area.
nysports4evr
Premium Member

nysports4evr

Premium Member

I talked to them via chat and she told me it's $7.95 extra and that's IT, I should not be charged anything extra (a la "additional outlet" fee).

Are they lying to me?
wdsnls
Palm City, FL

wdsnls

Don't rely on their "Chat". Comcast has different pricing for every area. If you want the correct pricing for "OUR" area, speak to someone either via telephone at the W. Palm Beach call center or go to the Britt Rd. office in Stuart.

I agree, I don't like their pricing either. What bothers me more is there are many regions in Comcast that have over 100 HD channels available and their pricing is less than our region which carries only 45 HD channels, including premium movie channels!

owine
Premium Member
join:2002-08-29
Chicago, IL

owine to nysports4evr

Premium Member

to nysports4evr
My monthly bill charges $7.50 for each HD STB and I do not pay an additional outlet fee.
wdsnls
Palm City, FL

wdsnls

Just to make it clear as to the pricing is in my area, we are not charged for any additional outlets if the straight cable is used. When a digital STB is put on an additional outlet, we are charged $6.95. If that outlet has an HD box, it requires another $7.95 for the HD service. This means that each additional HD STB on an outlet is $14.90 per month.
lynxexp
join:2010-08-17

lynxexp

said by wdsnls:

Just to make it clear as to the pricing is in my area, we are not charged for any additional outlets if the straight cable is used. When a digital STB is put on an additional outlet, we are charged $6.95. If that outlet has an HD box, it requires another $7.95 for the HD service. This means that each additional HD STB on an outlet is $14.90 per month.
That will be changing soon.
keenan424
join:2003-01-13
Santa Rosa, CA

keenan424 to nysports4evr

to nysports4evr
No additional outlet charge in the SF bay area anymore, been about 6 months or so. HD-DVR is $15.95 per month.

wyre
@comcast.net

wyre to nysports4evr

Anon

to nysports4evr
WHen I questioned some of the things on my bill yesterday I was told that my internet connection "counts" as an outlet, so my two TVs are considered "additional outlets." We never were billed an outlet fee for the first comcast box until about two months ago, when a 6.95 charge showed up (plus 3.20 for "non-addressable converter"-- presumably that's the set top box? that we had always paid). Now they have added 8.95 HD additional outlet and another 3.20 for another "non-addressable converter" because we added an HD box.

The price structure seems 'variable' at best -- no wonder customers feel they are ripping us off . If they were not, they would post their prices legimately and people could make financial decisions based on accurate information.

castsucks
@sbcglobal.net

castsucks

Anon

non-addressable converter

so they still have the old analog boxes that can't get hbo / others and can't do ppv and are for tv's with out analog cable tuners

addressable converters are the analog ones that can get hbo / analog ppv?

why is that old old hardware still in the system?

TD Nickell
Premium Member
join:2010-07-27
Federal Way, WA

1 edit

TD Nickell to nysports4evr

Premium Member

to nysports4evr
Here in the Seattle market our new prices went into effect on the 1st of August.
I have the HD Preferred XF Bundled Service@$149.99.
This comes with 1 HD STB&remote,STARZ,HSI performance and CDV unlimited,but for one year the price is only $104.99.
The 2nd HD STB is $8.00 a month and 2 SD STB also @ $8.00 each for a total price of $24.00 a month for 2 HD STB and 2 SD STB.
The HSI modem price has gone from $5.00 a month to $7.00 a month.
I also have HBO for six months free.

I'm not bragging,but we have had 100+ HD channels since May 2009.

wyre
@comcast.net

wyre to castsucks

Anon

to castsucks
re the non-addressable converter charge mentioned above, the bill terms it "non addressable converter" but they are HD boxes and I get on demand, etc. I assume that means they are "Addressable" but that's not what it says ... the $3.20 itemization for each is in addition to the two outlet fee(s) and the service charge... the bill is very mysterious in so many ways.