Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Magillacon

join:2010-09-13
Centereach, NY
reply to Goodmongo

Re: The Death of the Cat

So you say they are doing the tests on the target dummy's, so is there a possibility that the target dummy's are now a higher level since the new cap is 85? putting the dummy on a standard of new dungeons? are these kitties lvl 85 or lvl80? Idk these questions come to mind b.c that might explain the cut in dps. Also this dps might come back in the future with gear at the level cap. Gear aquired while leveling up may be just structured a certain way so we dont get specific classes face rolling through dungeons and zones. They might already foresee that this nerf will be balanced with tier or pvp gear at 85.

Or im just completely wrong also very possible.

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
kudos:5

1 edit
This was a lvl 80 target dummy and my kitty was lvl 80 with current gear. If anything, the numbers are even lower, as the dummy wasn't a raid boss (skull). I have also tried with a lvl 85 kitty using 333 gear, and it is a little lower than what I put out now. I will have to do more testing at this, but to put it in brief: kitties are not accepted into dungeon runs due to low dps on all counts. This isn't a playstle button mashing issue, but serious coefficient problems.

Edit: In bear form & spec with same gear I do more damage at lvl 85 solo.

Magillacon

Centereach, NY
Hot damn. Glad I am a mage. Anyone been testing mage dps? I want fire to be my new strong arm. Is it still a dead tree? Considering Frost is always PvP and Arcane is PvE. This leaves fire as... lol I want Fire to come back as credible for PvP at least

Treebark
Premium
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC
kudos:1

1 edit
Fire is top DPS/Total dmg done for end game right now, not arcane.

Magillacon

Centereach, NY
said by Treebark:

It's like you knew what I needed to hear. Then said it. I might have to xfer to horde for this one. Ud mage spin kicking fireballs at errbodiee =D

nusse

join:2010-09-09
said by Magillacon:

said by Treebark:

It's like you knew what I needed to hear. Then said it. I might have to xfer to horde for this one. Ud mage spin kicking fireballs at errbodiee =D
I think he was saying that even in CURRENT Fire is top for end game ...