how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Bashypack

@virginmedia.com

Belkin Play Max Mac network problem

Hi,

My old Belkin Vision has a problem so I have replaced with Belkin Play Max - unfortunately I cannot get my home network to work via ethernet on this .... I am running it on Mac 10.6.4 and nothing seems to work! I can 'see' the other computers on the network in the Finder but I cannot connect to them - If I replace with my old router - no problem! Any ideas please???

supergeeky

join:2003-05-09
United State
kudos:3

Perhaps the computers have not obtained a new DHCP lease (IP address) from the new router? (and are still using the old, now invalid IP address) After you put in the new router, did you restart all the computers on your LAN?

This may also help you: »support.apple.com/kb/TS1920

Bashypack

@virginmedia.com
reply to Bashypack

Thanks for your reply - yes I have tried that and it doesn't seem to be the problem - however i think I have just found out what it is - the Belkin Play Max router does not see Mac's Bonjour network .... unfortunately I do not know how to solve this though!

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:17

Bushypack, would you like me to move your thread over to our All Things Macintosh Forum to see if you canb get some help for this?

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON
reply to Bashypack

The Belkin Play Max is agnostic --- so the Mac's Bonjour network should not be a factor. Since you for some reason believe that the Bonjour service is having a negative impact I would suggest that you try the following link:

»docs.info.apple.com/article.html···324.html
--
David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call
Information Technology for Home and Business