share rss forum feed

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

1 recommendation

reply to FFH5

Re: Just two months ago...

that and until they put some more backhaul to that tower. but all services are like that.

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
said by hottboiinnc:

that and until they put some more backhaul to that tower. but all services are like that.
That seems to be the biggest problem in the wireless industry. Not enough backhaul to their towers to handle the explosion in data usage. And that is all companies - not just Clearwire.

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH
true. but my comment was actually about ALL providers. Not just wireless. hardwire/landline access is the same way. Any HSI Product can have this issue. DSL due to the amount of people compared to the ATM line that goes to the actual Internet, cable depends on the bandwidth to the node and at the CMTS, etc.

People don't seem to get that though. They just want something always to bitch about and that's basically what this website has become. A website to bitch about what people want and think they deserve; if not, its all hell on here as far as people bitching about it.
--
www.twopugsbrand.com Kosher, Vegan, and Organic Certified Dog and Cat treats/foods and other products! www.etsy.com/shop/snakx4u/ Organic, Kosher, Gluten Free, Vegan Human Baked Goods

iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to FFH5
Clear's towers are close enough to each other that they can use gigabit backhauls from E-Band and other providers to push some serious bandwidth over those links. The issue is

1) Getting those links online
2) Getting enough bandwidth from the local hub to serve customers in the area

The second issue might be harder to deal with if plant upgrades need to be completed for cpacity increases, since that requires putting fiber in the ground. There's also the issue of not having enough base stations at the top of the tower, limiting last-mile bandwidth. That's under Clear's control though, so it may be more easily fixable.

Skippy25

join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO
reply to hottboiinnc
I'm pretty sure you arent forced to come here and read and/or post.

But maybe I am wrong......

sonicmerlin

join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:1
reply to hottboiinnc
said by hottboiinnc:

true. but my comment was actually about ALL providers. Not just wireless. hardwire/landline access is the same way. Any HSI Product can have this issue. DSL due to the amount of people compared to the ATM line that goes to the actual Internet, cable depends on the bandwidth to the node and at the CMTS, etc.

People don't seem to get that though. They just want something always to bitch about and that's basically what this website has become. A website to bitch about what people want and think they deserve; if not, its all hell on here as far as people bitching about it.
Would you stop whining about other people? Get off your friggin' high horse already.

iLive4Fusion
Premium
join:2006-07-13
reply to hottboiinnc
said by hottboiinnc:

What happened to 2.5ghz is so much better than LTE ever will and WiMax is tha bomb because it will never run out of capacity. Only 1 million user's and they are having problem's. They make AT&T look fantastic.
--
2010 Ford Fusion Sport