uniqs
patcat88
join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY

patcat88 to swintec

to swintec

Re: Just two months ago...

said by swintec:

A matter of a couple of months ago there was stories here where Clear said they want users to use it to there full advantage, no caps, no restrictions, etc....Now this? What did they expect would happen? You don't go to a fat camp and offer all you can eat cake and limit it to one or two slices after you have everyone eating.
Yeah, what happened to Clear's "100s of MHZ of spectrum" that all the shills were raving about?
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

that is putting out to the EU. NOT in terms of what is being used for backhaul. But while we're on it; where is VZ and their LTE? OH! Still in the lab! OOPS!
jkeelsnc
join:2008-08-22
Greensboro, NC

jkeelsnc

I agree. Who knows if LTE will even become what VZ or even ATT promise. 3g, 4g, etc are "good" but they cannot provide the kind of service that a cable, DSL, or FTTC connection can. Backhaul is another thing. Of course they are going to oversubscribe service to a point. But its another thing when it is done with abandon and then service (and speeds) suffer. I will give AT&T credit at least on their DSL service. It rarely slows down on me even in the evenings.
DarnellP
join:2004-10-12
Las Vegas, NV

DarnellP to patcat88

to patcat88
nothing happened to it. They're just not using a majority of it at the moment.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx to patcat88

to patcat88
They have 100MHz of spectrum. I believe they're using 40MHz on a given tower. That actually should be plenty...
patcat88
Jamaica, NY

patcat88 to hottboiinnc4

to hottboiinnc4
said by hottboiinnc4:

that is putting out to the EU. NOT in terms of what is being used for backhaul. But while we're on it; where is VZ and their LTE? OH! Still in the lab! OOPS!
So why is Clear capping and throttling if they have 100 mhz of spectrum but are using a fraction of it?
patcat88

patcat88 to iansltx

to iansltx
said by iansltx:

They have 100MHz of spectrum. I believe they're using 40MHz on a given tower. That actually should be plenty...
So why is Clear throttling then?
patcat88

patcat88 to hottboiinnc4

to hottboiinnc4
said by hottboiinnc4:

You can buy LTE from MetroPCS today, just have your credit card ready.
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

that is pre-LTE as everyone says about Clear. But otherwise its still in the lab as nobody is using it but OOOOO! MetroPCS.
hottboiinnc4

hottboiinnc4 to patcat88

to patcat88
because like all carriers they don't have the bandwidth going to the towers. Smart reason eh? Next time think?
hottboiinnc4

hottboiinnc4 to patcat88

to patcat88
again read above.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to patcat88

Premium Member

to patcat88
said by patcat88:
said by iansltx:

So why is Clear throttling then?
more profit if you aren't beefing up your network.
patcat88
Jamaica, NY

1 edit

patcat88 to hottboiinnc4

to hottboiinnc4
said by hottboiinnc4:

because like all carriers they don't have the bandwidth going to the towers. Smart reason eh? Next time think?
You really think Clear has copper T1s feeding the towers? Come on.

iLive4Fusion
Premium Member
join:2006-07-13

iLive4Fusion to hottboiinnc4

Premium Member

to hottboiinnc4
said by hottboiinnc4:

For real, LTE has been out of the lab for a while now.
iLive4Fusion

iLive4Fusion to hottboiinnc4

Premium Member

to hottboiinnc4
said by hottboiinnc4:

that is pre-LTE as everyone says about Clear. But otherwise its still in the lab as nobody is using it but OOOOO! MetroPCS.
Verizon is ready to launch their's, and right off the bat it will be better than Clear's.