uniqs
share rss forum feed

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH
reply to patcat88

Re: Just two months ago...

that is putting out to the EU. NOT in terms of what is being used for backhaul. But while we're on it; where is VZ and their LTE? OH! Still in the lab! OOPS!

jkeelsnc

join:2008-08-22
Greensboro, NC
I agree. Who knows if LTE will even become what VZ or even ATT promise. 3g, 4g, etc are "good" but they cannot provide the kind of service that a cable, DSL, or FTTC connection can. Backhaul is another thing. Of course they are going to oversubscribe service to a point. But its another thing when it is done with abandon and then service (and speeds) suffer. I will give AT&T credit at least on their DSL service. It rarely slows down on me even in the evenings.

patcat88

join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY
kudos:1
reply to hottboiinnc
said by hottboiinnc:

that is putting out to the EU. NOT in terms of what is being used for backhaul. But while we're on it; where is VZ and their LTE? OH! Still in the lab! OOPS!
So why is Clear capping and throttling if they have 100 mhz of spectrum but are using a fraction of it?

patcat88

Jamaica, NY
reply to hottboiinnc
said by hottboiinnc:

You can buy LTE from MetroPCS today, just have your credit card ready.

hottboiinnc
ME

Cleveland, OH
that is pre-LTE as everyone says about Clear. But otherwise its still in the lab as nobody is using it but OOOOO! MetroPCS.

hottboiinnc
ME

Cleveland, OH
reply to patcat88
because like all carriers they don't have the bandwidth going to the towers. Smart reason eh? Next time think?

patcat88

Jamaica, NY

1 edit
said by hottboiinnc:

because like all carriers they don't have the bandwidth going to the towers. Smart reason eh? Next time think?
You really think Clear has copper T1s feeding the towers? Come on.

iLive4Fusion
Premium
join:2006-07-13
reply to hottboiinnc
said by hottboiinnc:

For real, LTE has been out of the lab for a while now.
--
2010 Ford Fusion Sport

iLive4Fusion
Premium
join:2006-07-13
reply to hottboiinnc
said by hottboiinnc:

that is pre-LTE as everyone says about Clear. But otherwise its still in the lab as nobody is using it but OOOOO! MetroPCS.
Verizon is ready to launch their's, and right off the bat it will be better than Clear's.
--
2010 Ford Fusion Sport