share rss forum feed

SysOp

join:2001-04-18
Douglasville, GA

3 edits

1 recommendation

Former clear customer

It's too little, too late

After dealing with misinformation over and over again from their CSRs when I was hit by the throttle monster for using an avg of 50 gigs a month, the answer became clear to me.

I needed another ISP.

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH
and you were on one of those towers where they need to increase their backhaul to. What happens when the same thing goes with Comcast? You're speeds will go down as well if they add a evey user to your NODE. you'll be SOL there as well. If you need a set amount of bandwidth each month you should pay for it by either getting a business connection from the MSO or getting a leased line. After all this is how the Internet works. You get what they're able to provide you within that reason and that reason allows them to throttle the users on that tower and or node to serve the rest of those customers as well equally. Clear should be given credit by doing it to ALL of the customers on the tower and just not the heavy users. BUT NOPE! You'll have people on here bitching about how they were mistreated and such by their company.
--
www.twopugsbrand.com Kosher, Vegan, and Organic Certified Dog and Cat treats/foods and other products! www.etsy.com/shop/snakx4u/ Organic, Kosher, Gluten Free, Vegan Human Baked Goods

SysOp

join:2001-04-18
Douglasville, GA
Reviews:
·MetroPCS

2 edits
said by hottboiinnc:

and you were on one of those towers where they need to increase their backhaul to. What happens when the same thing goes with Comcast? You're speeds will go down as well if they add a evey user to your NODE. you'll be SOL there as well. If you need a set amount of bandwidth each month you should pay for it by either getting a business connection from the MSO or getting a leased line. After all this is how the Internet works. You get what they're able to provide you within that reason and that reason allows them to throttle the users on that tower and or node to serve the rest of those customers as well equally. Clear should be given credit by doing it to ALL of the customers on the tower and just not the heavy users. BUT NOPE! You'll have people on here bitching about how they were mistreated and such by their company.
You have no idea what you are talking about. Go read up before you post again.

-Atlanta is 100% microwave backhaul between towers to their 1gbps pop interconnect
-Clear business requires a business to qualify
-50 gigs usage is well within reason
-I have Comcast now, don't need a lease line
-These are legitimate complaints, you sir are bitching

hottboiinnc
ME

Cleveland, OH
again. don't like what i had to say? don't read it. and stop callling people names and grow up.

Toguro

join:2003-10-23
Chicago, IL
Then don't post in his topic and start your own.

hottboiinnc
ME

Cleveland, OH
meh not his topic. but anyway my point still stands. his tower is over loaded and all people are being treated equally. HE has NO proof that he's being targeted nor do the others that are complaing about usage. So until he can prove he's being targeted directly he has a moot point.
--
www.twopugsbrand.com Kosher, Vegan, and Organic Certified Dog and Cat treats/foods and other products! www.etsy.com/shop/snakx4u/ Organic, Kosher, Gluten Free, Vegan Human Baked Goods