spc
Search similar:

uniqs
michaelediso
join:2010-10-05
New York, NY

michaelediso

Softphone problem

I'm using a Dell Studio I1735 running Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 2. I downloaded the Softphone application and plugged the Zippy USB adapter into the computer with an analogue phone plugged into the adapter. In the Softphone options the input, output and ring devices all show 2-ZippyPhone selected. In Windows, under both Recording Devices and Playback Devices, ZippyPhone is shown as the default, so the USB connector is being recognized.

Still, I get no dial tone on the phone. I've rebooted, re-installed the Softphone software, but nothing seems to make a difference. I know the software is working because I can make calls using the computer keyboard and calls coming in show on the Softphone screen. I have got software to work in XP, so I know phone works. I've also, following advice from PhonePower, updated .net programs and Java.

Any suggestions?

A
ddwrt4
Sit down and drink with me
join:2010-06-09
Albany, NY

1 edit

ddwrt4

To be honest for something so complicated and with so many different machine configurations I would go right to the source. Give them a call and TS with them.

P.S. JMHO...dupe VISTA and get Windows 7! That might be your problem? Not much seems to work good in VISTA except viruses and spyware.

PhonePwrTech
join:2007-07-20

PhonePwrTech to michaelediso

to michaelediso
Are you running the softphone or the Zippy? The Zippy device contains the softphone software but provides a FXS and headset input. If you have both the software installed on your drive while trying to run the same software from the Zippy this could be creating a problem.

Try uninstalling the software from your hard drive and then running the software from the Zippy directly.

If you are still experiencing problems give us a call at 1-888-607-6937 option 3 for support.
michaelediso
join:2010-10-05
New York, NY

michaelediso

Just before your post arrived, I discovered that this was the problem. I think you need to clarify your instructions, since when you are in the Softphone section of the website, it says to download the Softphone software and never indicates that if you do and are using the Zippy USB, a conflict arises that prevent the Zippy from working.

I also see that, at least on my machine, you have to plug the Zippy in after you boot up; if the Zippy is plugged in before the machine is turned on (ie. not removed when last turned off), it doesn't work. Maybe that should be mentioned as well.