Search similar:

uniqs
ntdg1
join:2004-03-09
Boynton Beach, FL

ntdg1

first-hop PL & Latency?

»/lineq ··· /2681350

^-- Been like this for at least a week now. Comcast came to the street today but still getting these types of results. Troubleshooting ideas?

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV

Irish Shark

MVM

Are you having any issues? Are your speed tests "normal".

I really do not see any issues with that LQT. The latency to your hop is a little high, but I think that is due to the route from the severs here to you (which you can do nothing about).

If the answer to the two questions above is No and Yes, then ignore it.
ntdg1
join:2004-03-09
Boynton Beach, FL

ntdg1

Thanks for the look-see...

Just as a follow-up; Yes it seems I'm having an issue but only when utilizing my connection oddly enough. Take a look at a smokeping I've had going on:

»/r3/sm ··· enerate!

Notably when I got home from work today and loaded up my favorite online game; So, from 10/10 @ 9pm(est) to 12pm-ish, the connection's consistency went down the tubes.

Ideas?
FactChecker
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03

1 edit

FactChecker

Premium Member

Is your problem happening when you are heavily using your connection? There was a thread talking about a user seeing latency and loss when uploading. »Packet loss when uploading

This was my response

Packet loss and increased latency is caused by contention. If you are saturating your link or maxing connection rates/resources on your equipment, you will cause some packet loss and latency during the duration of the event.