R Not
MVM
join:2000-09-18
Long Beach, CA

2 edits

R2

MVM

iTunes Artwork and MediaPlayer Artwork

Not sure where to ask this, so move as appropriate...

I have songs on my iPod that do not have to album artwork. But, using MediaPlayer's "Find Album Info" feature I was able to collect all of the missing album covers.

But if I open iTunes the new album covers do not appear. The folder where all the songs are kept is already in my iTunes "Library", and if I re-add the same folder to the Library, this does not update the artwork.

Now, I found out AFTERWARDS that iTunes also has the "Advanced | Get Album Artwork" function as well -- but that appears to get the images from Apple.com and not from the images I already have stored on my computer. Also, iTunes does not seem to have the flexibility that MediaPlayer does that allows you to correct or even modify what artwork goes with which song.

I spent a decent amount of time assigning artwork to albums, and I would like to simply use the ones I already downloaded. Is there a way to make iTunes use the same artwork as MediaPlayer?

Should I delete all the songs from the iTunes Library and then re-select to put them back in? Does that work?

Thanks for any advice.
R2

1 edit

R2

MVM

OK, I think I found a way to correct album artwork in iTunes - but I have to tell it where to find the images.

WHERE does MediaPlayer store the images??

It sounds like iTunes only displays 'embedded' artwork, while MediaPlayer does not require this? Is this correct?
R2

1 edit

R2

MVM

OK, the Album Art files are consider Protected Operating System Files and are "Super Hidden"... They exist in the folder where the songs are -- but have very unhelpful names!! There are two sizes for each album...

Sarah

join:2001-01-09
New York, NY

Sarah

WMP and iTunes both kind of suck that way, unfortunately.

I still find some of those "hidden" jpgs floating around my computer in some random folder where I had some mp3s at some point. It's ridiculous.

The way my Cowon reads them is that you have a normal JPG called cover.jpg in the album folder. I like that much better.

R2
R Not
MVM
join:2000-09-18
Long Beach, CA

R2

MVM

Uggh. Adding them by hand is completely annoying in iTunes! It takes forever to scan through all the albums - and gives you a headach in minutes!

Why didn't they simply use the SAME NAME as the MP3 and change the tags to .jpg? Oh, that would be too easy....