spc
Search similar:

uniqs

air595
@spcsdns.net

air595

Anon

WRT54G3G-ST & 595 Aircard

Today I purchased one of the Wi-Ex Cell Phone Booster (model YX545). I got it connected up and running and then I moved my WRT54G3G-ST wi-fi router with the 595 aircard next to it to get a stronger signal to see if I would get any improved performance. It seemed OK for a little bit, but then my speed dropped to almost nothing and now whether I have the booster going or not my download speeds are worse than dial-up. Question: Could my moving the router close to the cell signal booster have damaged the router or aircard?
Max Signal
Premium Member
join:2008-03-07
Buffalo, NY

Max Signal

Premium Member

You are better off with a direct connect amplifier with a data card than a wireless amplifier. And they cost less money . Hopefully you can return it.

Air595
@spcsdns.net

Air595 to air595

Anon

to air595
Thanks for the feedback. My situation is that we have a weak cell signal (sprint), but the aircard stiill manages to pick up enough signal to work and we need the wifi router for multiple users. However our cell phones (AT&T-iPhones) do not pick up enough signal to make texting and talking reliable. So I was hoping the signal booster would solve the cell phone problem and give a boost to the aircard reception as well. Attempting to run them simultaneously has definitely degraded the wifi router performance. I wonder if I direct connect an amp to the air card if it will "ignore" the cell signal booster? Anybody know how a Sierra 595 card would work this situation? Thanks.
Max Signal
Premium Member
join:2008-03-07
Buffalo, NY

Max Signal

Premium Member

The two will work fine together . We have a brand new wireless amplifier coming out with both data and phones even on different carriers . They are made be Signal Control Technology and will be available in a few more weeks . Jim from WWW.EVDO-TIPS.COM tested one of the prototypes and was quite impressed.

Air595
@spcsdns.net

Air595 to air595

Anon

to air595
Awesome. I'm going to check into that. Thanks.